Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

The Shirt

Practically Family
Babydoll - love the birdie fabric - so sweet.

Now won't I look smashing arriving for my cruise in this. (Boy my family is just going to squirm with my fully vintagified wardrobe the entire time).

000_3421.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Babydoll said:
I think the heel looks.... dangerous. For me (a self-admitted klutz), I'd trip and fall and damage myself in them.

These would be better for me, and have a cute 30's style heel: http://www.payless.com/Catalog/Prod...pe=Adult&Popularity=18&DescriptiveColor=Black

These are cute also: http://www.target.com/Xhilaration-S...e=UTF8&node=401866011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

This page also has a lot of cute shoes: http://www.target.com/b/ref=in_se_p...cebin=&store=&size=24&rh=&page=1&fromBrowse=1

Because of my coloring, I cannot wear yellow clothes next to my face (makes me look like I'm going to vomit), but I'm completely digging the yellow shoes (both the Sugar and Sydney MJs)!! I might have to get them to go with the skirt I made out of this fabric:

ah6659ayellow.jpg

Just for the record, I really really hate you for posting those shoe links. Now my next paycheck is going to support Target's shoe department. :eek: :D

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
the_shirt, that dress is adorable!! but not as rad as that 2-piece pink outfit you posted recently!

i'm currently visiting southern california, and i happened upon these:
2663182768_234148dbcb_o.jpg

red, DEADSTOCK, pleated 1940s shorts that actually fit me!!!

i'm a little excited. i wish i had something to wear with them - i'm dying to show them off at the reenactment event i'm going to tomorrow!!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
ShooShoo what darling shorts! I can feel the flutter in your heart. I bought a pair of deadstock w tag 50's capris that fit me, and it felt almost surreal.
I love the color! Just wear a white blouse and red lipstick :)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
ShooShooBaby said:
the_shirt, that dress is adorable!! but not as rad as that 2-piece pink outfit you posted recently!

i'm currently visiting southern california, and i happened upon these:
2663182768_234148dbcb_o.jpg

red, DEADSTOCK, pleated 1940s shorts that actually fit me!!!

i'm a little excited. i wish i had something to wear with them - i'm dying to show them off at the reenactment event i'm going to tomorrow!!

Great shorts, did'nt you just love "Meow"

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
I just won these for the lovely price of £2.70....shipping is £9... BUT STILL!
Wohoo, my first ever oxfords! :) :D

9306_1.JPG

I'd have liked them to have a thicker heel but I still think they're lovely.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
chickradio said:
Hey All!

Not sure where's best to post this, but just found this article and thought some would like to know. If there's a better spot, let me know and I'll post there!

http://www.styledash.com/2008/07/13/unique-vintage-com-steals-designs-from-lines-they-carry/

For those who search online for repro/vintage-inspired dresses...

I was just on their site reading about that!! Weird!! I also ordered a cute trixie dress while I was there....girls go get yours $34 bucks!!

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
Jeepers I adore that dress!

I have always wanted a sailor dress!
Looks like its brand new.... dead stock huh?
Shearer said:
Finally, I went on a spree and got some things worth posting in this thread :)

Because you can never have too many black handbags:

2636774707_0f8f890163.jpg

2636774709_dd6fee3004.jpg

50s Atomic fleck shirtdress:

2636774723_22e79035b8.jpg

2636774713_87e61f340c.jpg

the buttons are a bit yellow and dingy... I may have to replace them.

Crazy gingham 50s square dance dress:

2637607044_becaee1064.jpg

2636774727_1d893610dc.jpg

red satin ruffle makes me excited! :D

NOS sailor swing dress:

2637607056_e0d0000d47.jpg

2637607050_fc34f0d561.jpg

I'm in love with that last one... it still has all the tags, including the price which was $3.98!!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Yeah I'd say so, by vintage standards this was a day dress, so not really dressy at all. People just have waaay different standards now.

Aurora

One of the Regulars
I'd agree, that to me is casual dress, a very nice one too. But "modern" people do have a different idea of "dressing up" than some vintage ladies.. Imagine their suprise when we actually "dress up"! :D

Lillemor

One Too Many
I love that brown daydress! Yes, I know what you mean MissHannah and Aurora. Many of today's "formal" and "prom" dresses would've qualified as daydresses as late as the early 60s at least.

Inky

One Too Many
dollydaydream said:
Sorry, a bit :eek:fftopic:

Ladies, is this considered casual? It seems that every time I wear a dress, people always comment on my 'being dressed up'. I've been thinking I don't really have anything 'casual' as such. I guess by todays standards casual is smart though :rolleyes:

Nice dress btw lol

I get that too "what are you all dressed up for?" kind of stuff. I think the brown day dress (which I love love love) definitely qualifies as vintage causal.

In this day and age of juicy couture velour sweat pants though, anything vintage sure seems dressy to most people. I'd rather be dressed up than underdressed :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic