Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
Thanks for all the nice comments about my overalls. It's nice being able to share with people who get it!

Some of my very best finds have been in antique malls. I love them.

Lizzie

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
KittyT said:
OK! OK! It's the first SS dress I've owned and I'm glad to have found a simple black cocktail dress. Sorry this pic isn't the greatest, but I lightened it a little bit to try to show some detail. As you see, I paired it with Remix babydolls and a belt.

laborday010.jpg

laborday007.jpg

Only two words to describe you Miss KittyT--VA! VOOM!!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I got a navy blue lightwieght crepe suit thqt actually fits. I'll post pics as soon as I can. It's from the 50's and I'd rather have a 40's suit but I never thought I'd find any suit where both the jacket and skirt fit. :D

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
A lucky break!

A recent accidental auction find....meaning I was just driving by and stopped to have a look see. In the middle of all the junky furniture was this lovely Heywood Wakefield Credenza! A steal at $35 and it works great as a dresser in my dressing room!

2932675398_086eef5ee6.jpg

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I went to an Estate sale this saturday! I never thought I'd find one in my area. Well it was more like a big garage sale actually. I picked up a stack of vintage knitting and crocheting magazines from the 30's all the way to the 50's (I believe.) Most of them are for baby but a few are for men and women. I also got a glass rolling pin (the kind you fill with water and ice) and two large bags of yarn. They wanted 9$ for everything, but I gave them ten.
I'll post some of the pictures of the patterns.

decodoll

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:
A recent accidental auction find....meaning I was just driving by and stopped to have a look see. In the middle of all the junky furniture was this lovely Heywood Wakefield Credenza! A steal at $35 and it works great as a dresser in my dressing room!

Wow! I've seen some good prices on HW since moving to the east coast, but this totally beats them all! It's gorgeous! You must have some really good karma. :eusa_clap

Lorena B

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:

OH MY GOOODD!!! What a beauty!!!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:

:eek: :eek: :eek: OH MY!! That Is Beautiful!!!!!!!!

Sunny

One Too Many
That is amazing, MaryDeluxe! Good job!

I went a little crazy on ebay. (No, not really crazy. Just found a lot of really nice stuff and was willing to spend a little more than usual.)

Red velvet later 1940s dress
Long or 3/4 sleeves with button detail, original belt, originally white trim (needs cleaned), and deep V back neckline. Lovely for Christmastime!
5994_1.jpg
95d1_1.jpg

Blue velvet 1930s dress
I'm surprised this didn't go higher than it did. It looks like it could use a good steaming, but the size and length should be great for me.
a401_3.jpg
b206_3.jpg

Early 1940s black wool coat
This was quite a good deal, if it fits. According to the measurements, it's 38-30-36, which is bizarre for this style and period of coat. From the obvious flare in the skirt, I can't fathom how the hips would be only 36". I guess I'll find out!
f253_1.jpg
f2ed_1.jpg

Late 1930s floral print rayon dress
This is unreal. It's in perfect condition, with original belt, in a wearable size, and it's long-sleeved. Short or 3/4 sleeves are so much more common. And I won it for less than $50. It should fit, but I'm holding my breath until it comes!
Edit: Make that less than $70. Like I said, I've been bidding a lot!
rayon1.jpg
rayon4.jpg

1940s black with sequins evening dress
I'm also super-excited about this one. I hope it fits; with my new foundation I should be able to fit the waist smoothly, and it's supposed to be long enough even for me. I'm unsure about the date on it. The simple styling of the bodice and the plain-set skirt at the natural waist is characteristic of 1940-1945; later dresses tended to have draping and especially soft skirt gathering. I haven't seen much that was sleeveless, though, until the 1950s. Perhaps they were taken off the dress completely in a remake, if they were obnoxiously huge. There seems to be some wonkiness at the armseyes that make that believeable; I'll find out when I get it. The metal side zipper certainly keeps the initial date early. Any ideas?
Edit: This one was less than $50.
thirt1.jpg
thirt4.jpg

Lorena B

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:

Hey Marydeluxe, do i see a Rialto bag on top??? Niiiceee!!

I got myself yesterday this

HPIM2182.jpg

HPIM2183.jpg

Lillemor

One Too Many
Sunny, those are all lovely dresses. MaryDeluxe, I don't know what to look at in that photo, it's all mouth watering right from the chest of drawers to the things on display.

decodoll

Practically Family
All lovely finds, Sunny! I agree that the last one looks like it had sleeves once upon a time, but it's still gorgeous.

That looks like a great book, Lorena..need to look for that!

This is my latest buy... Deadstock with tags 1950's wool jacket for $22.50!

PS

A-List Customer
maybe someone can help me. i just bought a mac and can't figure out how to import pictures into my post!

everyone has found some really amazing items!i think sunny hit the vintage jackpot this week though! congratulations are in order! bravo!

decodoll

Practically Family
PS said:
maybe someone can help me. i just bought a mac and can't figure out how to import pictures into my post!

everyone has found some really amazing items!i think sunny hit the vintage jackpot this week though! congratulations are in order! bravo!

Are you already hosting them on another site? I use PicOodle to host mine and then just copy and paste in the forum code they give you. I use a Mac too... there really shouldn't be any difference in the process between Mac and PC.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Yes, I'm a lucky girl with some good auction karma!

Anytime you ladies want to go roam around the Pennsylvania country side, just give me a ring! ;) Heywake is much cheaper on the east coast!

Lorena B...good eye ;)

Sunny, you made out great in the dress department! Love that flower dress!

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
I found this amazing gabardine suit at the same antique store I found my coat. The suit looks brand new in person.

img0166dt2.jpg

img0167lp0.jpg

img0168ba0.jpg

img0169cr7.jpg

The suit is pretty heavy and the skirt hits about mid-calf, so I'm thinking it's more of a winter/cool weather ensemble. Sorry the pics are not so great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy