Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vintage Betty said:
It might seem extravegant in this economy...
On the other hand, you gave work for a night to all those musicians! And this is the most dire Christmas season ever, so I am sure they appreciated it. Vintage Betty moves the forces of economics!

And, what a totally AWESOME gift.

Kim_B

Practically Family
Some recent purchases...

I've become quite addicted to pins and brooches - I've picked these three up over the last few weeks...

3f5c_1.jpg

gerryspinecone1.jpg

And this one is an early birthday present to myself :)
staineddfly1.jpg

Vintage Betty

Thank you for all the kind words ladies!

It's interesting to note that this particular band was actually a non-profit; therefore there prices are substantially lower than a commercially priced band.

We actually reserved the band 1.5 years ago, anticipating a huge Christmas season. Imagine my surprise when the bandleader told me that we were the only booking for the entire month of December and that they had NO New Year's Eve booking this year! :eek:

If you want more info on the band, you can go to their website and listen to a bunch of their music at: www.moonlightswing.org

Inky

One Too Many
A couple of xmas goodies

Here's a couple of new additions to the house - including the new kitty, Bella (after Bela Lugosi), acting as official purse inspector.

3145314035_c7a8995b5b.jpg

A black crocheted purse, large in size (13.5 x 6.5 x 4) with lucite pull. The only label is "Handmade by Warren" stamped on the inside. It is in great condition, with its original metal Talon zipper and perfect interior. It does have a small strap across the top, but I think would be best held clutch style.

3146147670_5e01d7c0b6.jpg

3145314627_c0b7c982bc_m.jpg

And an unused dress pattern by "Superior Patterns." I've never seen one of these before, but it seems you could buy them at Sears. All the pieces and instructions are there.

3145314279_a188e0c4f5.jpg

Now, let's find somewhere fun to take the purse out to....

Miss 1929

I have that book too! The chapters on making your own dress form and on diagnosing and correcting fit problems are amazing, and all the stuff toward the back about slashing and spreading pattern pieces to make drapes and swooshes is also really something.
I am amused at the illustrations, everyone has a totally "New Look" figure.

The Shirt

Practically Family
My Kitty is named after Bela Lugosi as well! Watch out though - she has more than nine lives at 23. I think she actually is a little undead....

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Lady Day said:
7a06_1.JPG

I hope this will be the mother of all dress making books. Circa 1948. At 300+ pages I should think so :)

LD

Dude, it's supposed to be! I am happy for you that you got a copy! Let us know if it lives up to its legend!

Kim_B

Practically Family
I'mSuzyParker said:
I LOVE the pinecone brooch. Amazing

Thanks! I've actually seen a couple floating around on Etsy in the vintage listings...I wanted something festive, but not strictly Christmas...pine cones know no season! lol

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
StaceFace said:
Waiting on this to arrive:

The Complete Book Of Sewing 1943 - Constance Talbot
c9cf_1.JPG

I believe it's the original, not the reprint...I hope.

My mother has the exact same book. It is truly wonderful. Great detail in my opinion. Her's is the original, but I have seen reprints.
Sarah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn