Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

MidnightBlue

New in Town
Squeeeeeee I have my first Swirl on the way...

dsp_swirl1.jpg

:D

And it was bargainous! Double :D :D

zendy

A-List Customer
It's been a swirl dress tornado on the internet lately. That one is very nice, I hadn't seen it. I'm wondering about that red one on ebay, It won't fit me but I have a feeling one of the ladies here is going to or has won it.

December

One of the Regulars
zendy said:
It's been a swirl dress tornado on the internet lately. That one is very nice, I hadn't seen it. I'm wondering about that red one on ebay, It won't fit me but I have a feeling one of the ladies here is going to or has won it.

That red one is gorgeous. It would fit me, but I don't like bidding wars- I get attached to things easily and then get upset if I don't win! lol I hope one of the girls on here gets it.

It looks like one person has come into a lot of them and is selling them all.

DillyDolly

New in Town
My collection

I've been lucky lately with my finds, so here's a few of them for you to see.

hommermfg.jpg

Little vintage sewing box

leathervintage.jpg

Picked the 40's leather purse up for a dollar.

vintagepurses.jpg

Brown 1940's, Black 3 in 1 purse with changeable sides 1930's, 1920's petite au point, Black velvet 1940's.

vintagebeads.jpg

vintageglasses.jpg

1940's French Frames, Late 40's/50's frames.

vintagegloves.jpg

vintagejewelry.jpg

luggage.jpg

Great Samsonite collection

boneivoryvintage.jpg

Anyone know anything about rings? Made of shell, buckle might be mother of pearl or ivory.

brooch.jpg

Anyone know anything about this style of brooch?

MidnightBlue

New in Town
he he, it was an eBay find, in the UK too so low postage. I also had the red one on watch, and the one from the same seller with black stitching on the square collar. I intended to bid and forgot! Maybe it will get relisted as there were no bids.

As a rule I don't think I suit the gaudier/flowery patterns but I keep seeing so many of you lovely ladies looking great in these pretty numbers that I have to give it another go.

saraicat

New in Town
Shirin said:
Isn't this technique called Lattice work?
Its a cute dress, I couldn't wear that color but I'm sure you'll look nice in it.

Just like a pie, it's got a lattice-top!

Baby pink is one of my favorite colors, actually, but the seller did mention some discoloration so if that's obvious and can't be dealt with any other way, I may consider dyeing it a darker shade (maybe a raspberry).

zendy

A-List Customer
saraicat said:
Just like a pie, it's got a lattice-top!

Baby pink is one of my favorite colors, actually, but the seller did mention some discoloration so if that's obvious and can't be dealt with any other way, I may consider dyeing it a darker shade (maybe a raspberry).

I swear by soaking my vintage in oxyclean powder and lukewarm water. It's amazing what a few min in the sink can do to fix super old stains.

Adele

One of the Regulars
DillyDolly - Love your glove collection there!

I have been in a rather need of new(old) clothes, and I haven't had much luck, though I did just purchase this dress:

L4.jpg

I thought the color was lovely. As for what shoes, hairstyle, etc. I will be using/wearing, that I haven't the slightest clue. Hooray for a new dress in quite a few amount of months (in reference to it being quite a while since I've had something "new" to wear, that is)!

DillyDolly said:
I've been lucky lately with my finds, so here's a few of them for you to see.

vintageglasses.jpg

1940's French Frames, Late 40's/50's frames.

luggage.jpg

Great Samsonite collection

brooch.jpg

Anyone know anything about this style of brooch?

Those glasses are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! Love the luggage too.

Could the brooch be a sweater clip? They are usually found in pairs and have a clip on one end. Used to hold your cardi on while not using the sleeves.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Adele said:
DillyDolly - Love your glove collection there!

I have been in a rather need of new(old) clothes, and I haven't had much luck, though I did just purchase this dress:

L4.jpg

I thought the color was lovely. As for what shoes, hairstyle, etc. I will be using/wearing, that I haven't the slightest clue. Hooray for a new dress in quite a few amount of months (in reference to it being quite a while since I've had something "new" to wear, that is)!

I can't give you a suggestion on the hairstyle but, I think all black accesories would make this outfit sing! It would be so dramatic!

Samantha

saraicat

New in Town
zendy said:
I swear by soaking my vintage in oxyclean powder and lukewarm water. It's amazing what a few min in the sink can do to fix super old stains.

I do a mix of lukewarm water, soda ash (aka washing soda), and hydrogen peroxide. I've actually read that this is all oxiclean is, and it's really cheap. It works unbelievably well!

zendy

A-List Customer
I just won this really pretty crepe slip off the Bay. Lucky me I found it in the last few min. I've been needing something to wear under my eyelet dresses and this is not to "bedroom"
IMG_3557.JPG=450
the rest is just plain with the detailing around the hem again.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
All of these are from ebay.
Amethyst necklace
3765692603_b884d23b5a.jpg

Hand painted porcelain brooch
3765692593_3139501f87.jpg

Victorian enameled bird brooch
3765692589_aa9892a219.jpg

And also a 40's little celluloid daffodil brooch which doesn't want to photograph
3765692571_d991fb0907_b.jpg

oh yes and my find at the oxford Vintage Fair, already posted in another thread
3750223940_1884d6f658_b.jpg

DillyDolly

New in Town
Lady Day and Cherryred, I think it must be a fur clip then. I don't know the age though. I actually have a sweater clip as well. It's pictured on the table. I actually wear the glasses as the white and back ones are prescription.

MidnightBlue

New in Town
I'm doing the happiest little dance round my house. My Swirl dress is here, and its immaculate and fits perfectly and I love it! I can't believe it's 20 years older than me, it honestly could have just came straight out of the shop! I think I've been very lucky with this one :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy