Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Ada Veen

Practically Family

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Lenore said:
Looking for a more professional look for my new job. :)

PurpleDress.jpg

Gorgeous dress! You'll cause quite a stir in the office in this!

Smuterella

One Too Many
Ada Veen said:
These are absolutely fantastic - did they come yet? Do they fit?

not come yet - I'm paying in instalments since its so much money., so I'm halfway there.

... lawdy I miss the days when I could just spend that sort of cash and not care.

Foofoogal

Banned
texasgirl

Gasp and squeal. Rarely does a vintage item make me do that. When I rolled this page down it did just that.
:eek:

It has all the bells and whistles as they say...

I will pay good money for someone to make me one of those.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Thanks girls! I am super excited! I'll let you know how it works out. I really have been looking for a 30s red day dress for years. I finally set up a saved search in ebay and after tons that weren't right, finally found it. I suggest trying that for anyone looking for a certain item.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Oh. My. Gosh. I can't believe my luck! Actually, it's all thanks to 23SkidooWithYou! <3
Earlier in this very thread, she posted pics of a cuddle coat she'd purchased:

cuddlecoatfront.jpg

cuddlecoatback.jpg

When I saw it my heart went zing! I knew right then and there I wanted one, but it was just a dream. I told her how I felt, and she found this one on etsy and thought of me:

etsycoat.jpg

Judging from the pic, it didn't look half as fabulous as hers, but I thought one has to take chances, and I can always take it to the tailor to make it look more like 23SkidooWithYou's coat (I'd saved pics of it).

It arrived today, and not only does it fit perfectly, it is the spitting image of 23SkidooWithYou's cuddle coat! I feel like jumping up and down and bursting out into this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye7PIyIcCro

Thank you sweetheart! You just made me a happier and prettier girl :D

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Cherry Lips!

It really was my pleasure to find it for you! I am absolutely TICKLED that you love it and it fits well. I'm also floored that it's the same coat. That is one huge coinkydink, if you ask me. It was truly meant to be yours! Wear it in good health and try not to cause bodily harm to the y chromosome population when you wiggle down the street "cuddled" up! ;)

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Clearly, there's no no spender bender for me, but at least this boned corset was on sale. And I had a coupon code. ;) Let's hope I don't break it while learning how to wear it...

cinchercloseupFeb-March2010058.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
You are adorable!

With St. Patrick 's Day on the horizon, I like to get all my inspirational "Irish" movies together. It's been a while since I've seen it, and I sure hope you won't mind the comparisson, but your new find kind of reminds me of the BurlyQ corset costumes from "Far and Away".

Is the striped part attached to the skirt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy