Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

swinggal

One Too Many
crazydaisy said:
yes that's nice swinggal, i saw that too, i just wish that seller would list things in a small size too, the best she does is a medium, i suppose is the safest bet when it comes to selling.

Just contact her CD. She made mine to size to fit me...custom! This pic was just one she used online. She can make any size and finished mine in 2 days :) Cost me $100 US

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
swinggal said:
Just contact her CD. She made mine to size to fit me...custom! This pic was just one she used online. She can make any size and finished mine in 2 days :) Cost me $100 US
is she an ebay seller? I am really interested in that dress and seeing what else she has.

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
I've picked up a few items during two local outings:

There are no tags in this purse and it's probably old rather than vintage, I just couldn't resist the color, texture, or price - $5. The purse was at the Fremont Antique Mall in Seattle.
4589836912_d86c090187.jpg

A couple blocks from our house is a wee shop, Michael Reed Black Antiques. Last Saturday we were strolling the neighborhood and it was open, and having 35% off! In we went and I snagged two finds. The first is a compact. I'd like something older, but my google searches and looking at the cover say late 50s/early 60s. It's a Merle Norman pressed powder, Pretty Pat (how cute is that?) in Rose Bege. Also about $5

4589836898_5f5754532e.jpg

I thought I could pass this purse by, but it called out to me, even though it is well loved in places, overall, it's in amazing shape.
4589836918_e80702e5b1.jpg

It was the Magnin tag (I. Magnin is long gone, isn't it?) and the purse stamp that clinched it for me because my first name is Lucilla. So, it's not the same, but even Lucille is a name I don't see much and I felt this must, therefore, be *my* purse.
4589836922_a7ae05e3de.jpg
Oh, and it was $28 before the sale price.

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Tenuki, That bag was a STEAL! Way to go!

Wire9Vintage. Thanks, I liked the look of the bag as well, but found it was a steal when I got home & googled it. holy cats! :D

Nice shoes, Miss Golightly.

Cricket

Practically Family
th_closetfromleftside.jpg

This is is front view of a closet my mother in law purchased for our house. I love the color, and it really adds a lot to an otherwise boring room.

th_closetphotoclosedfromside.jpg

th_closetphotoopen.jpg

Excuse the messy inside!:eusa_doh:

Crafty Doll

Familiar Face
I didn't actually purchase this, but hopefully I'm still posting in the correct area. I won this lovely vintage purse from a giveaway hosted by Missy at http://www.thebeadedpurse.com/Tyler...stes/Full_of_your_vintage___retro_tastes.html. I adore it so much! Can anyone help me and take a guess at dating this purse? Hubby bought me a pretty pair of earrings for Mother's Day that goes perfectly with this bag. Will post a pic later since I'm too lazy to upload a pic right now, haha.
Pearl.png

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
Ooooops, I may have bought a Swirl kind of by accident! Fed up of seeing so many Swirls up on Ebay at ridiculous prices for 'Buy it Now' (£100? Seriously? But it's been USED!) I offered a seller $70 for a dress she was attempting to sell at $120, explaining that if she didn't sell it within her given time period, I'd pay her $70. I even told her to check out the Swirl discussions on here to see what prices vintage enthusiasts were realistically willing to pay.
However, I was expecting the auction to end next month, and so when she accepted my offer this afternoon, I was a little more than surprised! I'm bidding on another Swirl which ends tomorrow so fingers crossed I don't have to foot the bill for two!

00kityc7.JPG

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
The asking prices on some Swirls are just ridiculous. I just saw one on etsy, puffed out of bounds with a way-too-big-crinoline, and priced at $200. I'm a seller, but even I realize that it's only clothing.
(Kate, the seller that you bought your dress from is a cool gal)

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
dandelion-vint said:
The asking prices on some Swirls are just ridiculous. I just saw one on etsy, puffed out of bounds with a way-too-big-crinoline, and priced at $200. I'm a seller, but even I realize that it's only clothing.
(Kate, the seller that you bought your dress from is a cool gal)

She clearly is! When I messaged her about the price, I was expecting a frosty response, as some sellers don't like being told they're unrealistic. It's such a lovely fabric, I'm really pleased.

I've seen the Swirl you're talking about on Etsy, and I completely agree. I wouldn't pay that much for a brand new one.

maisie

Practically Family
That's a really cute swirl dress!
I have been watching a few and considering they're only cotton day dresses, some of the prices are pretty high! I guess they have got a pretty big fan base (plus there very cute and look super comfy!!! :D )

Inky

One Too Many
deleteduser said:
sigh i am beginning to think i will never have one :(

you will!! just keep an eye open on ebay and etsy. It was a couple years before I found one and then immediately after I found a second (i am a 44/46 bust so it's hard to find those). I haven't seen another that i liked and/or could afford at the time since last year.

there is an adorable one on etsy in blue with cowboy hats on the pocket - new old stock too.

December

One of the Regulars
dandelion-vint said:
The asking prices on some Swirls are just ridiculous. I just saw one on etsy, puffed out of bounds with a way-too-big-crinoline, and priced at $200.

I've seen that too and had to laugh at how optimistic the seller is!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL