Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

40'sfetish

Familiar Face
ok this is what I bought yesterday from our local op shop, at a guess I would say 70's take on 40's. Label says C&A England. Polyester, but oh so comfy and fits perfectly. Couldn't resist doing the hair and wearing the whole ensemble to work today.

sorry about the quality of the pics, taken on the webcam

Picture17.jpg

Picture18.jpg

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
40'sfetish that dress is a great colour, and has a lovely cut.

Bought these today from TKMaxx for £12, Kork-ease have made these wedges since 1953 originally in Brooklyn, obviously not an original colour, they're quite bright!!
I wasn't too sure about the colour, but now I've painted my nails they're growing on me.

CIMG3420.jpg

40'sfetish

Familiar Face
Aw shucks foofoogal, thanks :D, only recently discovered the lounge and keep getting lost in here for hours. I've got a wardrobe full of vintage & retro stuff that I've picked up here and there over the years, from 40's through to 70's. I just like playing dressups... although with our recent interest in swing dancing, I'm becoming fascinated with the 40's.

fuzzylizzie & poggleberry - awesome shoes! That's one thing I find difficult to get is good vintagey shoes in my clodhopping size. I'm 5'2" with size 9 feet! (not sure what size that is in US sizing)

Foofoogal

Banned
Women's
UK 3 USA 5
EUR 36
UK 4 USA 6
EUR 37
UK 4.5 USA 6.5
UK 5 USA 7
EUR 38
UK 5.5 USA 7.5
UK 6 USA 8
EUR 39/40
UK 6.5 USA 8.5
UK 7 USA 9
EUR 41
UK 7.5 USA 9.5
UK 8 USA 10
EUR 42
UK 8.5 USA 10.5
UK 9 USA 11 EUR 43/44
-----------------
Looks like it is a size 11 in USA.

40'sfetish

Familiar Face
Not sure about that, Aussie sizes are different again to UK & European sizing. Online I've checked out a couple of conversion charts, one states that I'd be an 8.5US, another says 10.5US, another says 9US. So confusing. Would be nice if there was a conversion chart that you could just measure the length of your foot and all the sizes popped out.

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
40'sfetish said:
Not sure about that, Aussie sizes are different again to UK & European sizing. Online I've checked out a couple of conversion charts, one states that I'd be an 8.5US, another says 10.5US, another says 9US. So confusing. Would be nice if there was a conversion chart that you could just measure the length of your foot and all the sizes popped out.

I have seen one somewhere but I don't remember where but if it helps a us size 8 is 10 inches long not sure the width

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Woo hoo! You got them! So glad they went to the right home! :D

Lauren said:
I'm so excited I won these! 1930s beach shoes in the original box.:D :D
shoes.JPG

40'sfetish said:
Well my foot measurement without shoes is 10" so maybe a 9 or 10 would fit.

That sounds like me and I find a Vintage 8 1/2 fits pretty well but it's the width that's the tricky bit. A medium width gives me a bit of room but my feet are on the narrower side of medium. I have 9As that are very slightly long but the width is good. Really depends on the shoe. Just like modern shoes, until you try you just wont know the variations of that particular brand. [huh]

Retro Chick

New in Town
I just bought a gorgeous hat from eBay. It came from the US and the shipping was actually reasonable, it arrived in under 4 working days AND she refunded me excess postage paid.

Terrible photo, but I used my hipstamatic iPhone! It's actually navy with an ivory flower. I struggle to find affordable hats.

4856995154_83b13e5b1d_z.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I just found this book at a local used seller for about $20. The English version is titled "Design 1935-1965: What Modern Was". It's out of print (both the French and the English versions) and I'm seeing used copies on Amazon for $100+! It's got great profiles of a huge number of mid-century designers and artists.

7fc3017b42a04508b5e71210.L.jpg

I also found a used copy of "Femme Fatale: Love, Lies, and the Unknown Life of Mata Hari".

femme-fatale-love-lies-and-the-unknown-life-of-mata-hari.jpg

swinggal

One Too Many
40'sfetish said:
Well my foot measurement without shoes is 10" so maybe a 9 or 10 would fit.

40sFetish, I always buy the same size as home here on Australia in US shoe sizing. Here I am an 8.5 to 9. Same in the US for all the shoes I have bought. If I can get a 9 rather than an 8.5 US I usually go for that as my right foot is a little bigger than the left.

swinggal

One Too Many
fuzzylizzie said:
train008.jpg

An antique mall find... $7.50!

Awesome!!!

40sFetish, I am a swing dancer and I know Bruce and Sharon of SwingTime Sydney very well. They are a rep for Re-Mix and Aris Allen shoes (30s and 40s styles) and their own line of 40s and 50s clothing made from original patterns. The have their own walk in store which is online as well http://www.retrospecd.com/

Not sure if they sell the shoes online. They may just them from their dance studio. http://www.remixvintageshoes.com/

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
I love the beach shoes!

I recently one this on ebay. It's a sundress with split skirt/skorts. Very cool. Until I realized I have to get all undressed to go to the bathroom.

!B)+uoYgEWk~$(KGrHqIOKm8Ew9GZh0NIBMP2(Er6Lg~~_3.JPG

Inky

One Too Many
after patiently waiting for a gun/holster brooch by Dor-Ard, I finally found one!!

This brooch is BIG - the gun is 3.75" long and attached with a six inch chain to a 2.5" long holster. Black with red and clear stones - it's perfect for me!

4857064295_1a014278a4.jpg

4857062743_852f762e0c_o.jpg

4857062715_73a8bb26cc_o.jpg

Drappa

One Too Many
Inky said:
after patiently waiting for a gun/holster brooch by Dor-Ard, I finally found one!!

This brooch is BIG - the gun is 3.75" long and attached with a six inch chain to a 2.5" long holster. Black with red and clear stones - it's perfect for me!

4857064295_1a014278a4.jpg

4857062743_852f762e0c_o.jpg

4857062715_73a8bb26cc_o.jpg
Too cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk