Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Thank you. Yes it is. I have the whole story on my blog from link at bottom of my page. I so squealed...:D

Delighted that your long search finally came to fruition! Amy is lovely - I've bought a few things from her over the past few years and she's a pleasure to deal with.

I got this 50's Diana Warren Blackpool dress off Etsy:

DianaWarrenDress.jpg

and this Tabak of California silk dress (which reminds me a lot of a dress Marilyn wore in Something's Got to Give):

1950stabakdress.jpg

BoPeep

Practically Family
Beautiful dresses, Ladies! And LinaSofia, I love the fur coat! I recently acquired myself a cute pair of Aris Allen heels. They have silver insets so I think I may need a dress to match. . . .

ArisAllen.jpg

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Nice Lucite pull on that purse smuterella.

Welcome to the lounge LinaSofia. I love those shoes.

Thanks Foofoogal! The shoes have arrived now, and unfortunately they're too big... haha. I wanted to cry! But that's the risk you take with ebay shopping I guess... oh and those gloves were TINY! they weren't even close to fitting my (fairly small) hands. The faux fur cape hasn't arrived yet, and I'm really hoping I'll like it now! Can't take that all my recent finds turn bad! And I'm usually so lucky with ebay...

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars

I love trashy diva and am trying to NOT buy something during the sale they are having... so needless to say I am jealous!!! I am also jealous of all hte lovely new patterns everyone is finding. I am also trying to not buy those as we are moving soon and I keep telling myself that the more I buy the more I have to move... not really working so far...

Drappa

One Too Many
DPD, we'll be dress twins! I got the same circle Day dress and also the Americana in cool watercolor. Wanted it for a while but it was sold out last time I tried. Hope my order went through, as their website doesn't update quickly enough sometimes.
Great patterns, too.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
DPD, we'll be dress twins! I got the same circle Day dress and also the Americana in cool watercolor. Wanted it for a while but it was sold out last time I tried. Hope my order went through, as their website doesn't update quickly enough sometimes.
Great patterns, too.

I just orded my dresses yesterday so I hope they are in stock. Last time I orded on out of stock item they contacted me right away. I like the cool watercolor print the best but they run out of sizes so quickly.

Lorelai99 I have to stay away from the Fedora Lounge when I am trying not to shop. There's just too much temptation.

BoPeep

Practically Family
Lorelia99 - I really like them. Although I'm not a swing dancer (just can't convince the husband!), I find the insole very cushy and the heel not too high. Ideally I wear a 6 1/2 wide, but bought these in a 7. The lacing accommodates the extra width very well. I do wish the inset was a different color (red or white would be nice) just because I don't have much that coordinates with silver. I've contemplated cutting out those insets altogether. Overall, I am very pleased with them. Watch ebay if you're not in a hurry. I bought mine there for quite a bit less!

DeadPanDiva - How wonderful to find that buckle and buttons set! I love vintage buttons for my sewing projects, but I never seem to find enough of a set to finish my projects.

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
Lorelia99 - I really like them. Although I'm not a swing dancer (just can't convince the husband!), I find the insole very cushy and the heel not too high. Ideally I wear a 6 1/2 wide, but bought these in a 7. The lacing accommodates the extra width very well. I do wish the inset was a different color (red or white would be nice) just because I don't have much that coordinates with silver. I've contemplated cutting out those insets altogether. Overall, I am very pleased with them. Watch ebay if you're not in a hurry. I bought mine there for quite a bit less!

I'm not a swing dance either. One of my best friends tried to teach me but he didn't have much luck and gave up pretty fast!! But I do like to go watch and one must have cute shoes to watch right??!! Thanks for the review. I'm definatly not in a hurry so I'll have to watch for them!!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I'm not a huge fan of the sales but I do tend to head into Monsoon as they have great sale prices - was eyeing this skirt a few months ago and got it half price (yay!):

KimberlySkirt.jpg

And was on the lookout for a simple fitted black jacket to go with my circle skirts and got this off Etsy:

BlackJacket.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic