Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I bought my first ever pattern last night! My sewing machine has sat largely unused and sad in a cupboard for over a year and I thought it's time I actually learnt how to sew properly! This dress pattern look super easy and apparently has only 3 pieces.. and no zip I think (which I'd have no hope of sewing on neatly!) if it's as easy as it looks, I just can't wait to sew myself some cool dresses in some funky fabrics! I'm already watching lots of vintage 50s fabrics and some kitschy fabrics on ebay ..... :D

$(KGrHqN,!l0E1F2GWImuBNYj+9tVHw~~_1.JPG

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Oh and I bought these little fruity deco earrings... (my fiance said "some hideous beady things arrived today"... hehe, as usual he has no taste! or is it me.... :eeek:)

$(KGrHqJ,!lwE1F)CBwyHBN(Ce+kEmg~~_1.JPG

Drappa

One Too Many
My husband really spoilt me this year for my birthday, so apart from all the other gifts I received early, he surprised me with another Stratton set, completely unused and so lovely:
e620d919.jpg

It has a bee on it!
bc37deb7.jpg

I also got this wool scarf, not vintage but I love it anyway
e4f436a3.jpg

Last week I found these two bags in a local charity shop, the brown one was still brand new with tags on it, and both in really good condition. I went back every day to check if they were still there, and yesterday finally got them.
Ackery Bag
342a897a.jpg

Waldybag with matching coin purse
fc7827f7.jpg

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
My husband really spoilt me this year for my birthday, so apart from all the other gifts I received early, he surprised me with another Stratton set, completely unused and so lovely:
e620d919.jpg

It has a bee on it!
bc37deb7.jpg

I also got this wool scarf, not vintage but I love it anyway
e4f436a3.jpg

Last week I found these two bags in a local charity shop, the brown one was still brand new with tags on it, and both in really good condition. I went back every day to check if they were still there, and yesterday finally got them.
Ackery Bag
342a897a.jpg

Waldybag with matching coin purse
fc7827f7.jpg

You are so lucky!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Drappa, beautiful stratton set and great handbag find!! Yeah, I didn't realise when I bought the pattern that it was the famous 4790 dress! (I'm so clueless when it comes to sewing!!) I've since realised though... perfect for my first sewing adventure I think! :D

Elpinoine

New in Town
I have the same pattern and some fabric just waiting to start. I'm new to sewing too. I've done a few aprons, and knitting needle cases, but no clothing yet. I'm just waiting to find some great bias tape to start.

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
Nice husbands you gals have! They buy you very pretty things. My boyfriend got me a vintage locket necklace for my 22nd birthday, the best gift ever! Last year he got me a tattoo, not vintage but also nice.

Just came in with the mail:

My 'new' wallet, the other one broke so now it will be for display only.
wallet.jpg

Two kitchen books
kitchen.jpg

pictures taken from ebay.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
That's a great bag Hell's Belle! Love it.

I also got a "new" bag... I won it on ebay (from a Dublin seller - it's not you is it Miss Golightly?? :D)
$(KGrHqJ,!m!E1Fu1Uo8+BN,s,zmR7g~~_1.JPG

It's made by Sergio Cerruti Roma.. any ideas about age??

I also bought this pattern.
$(KGrHqR,!l!E1F4dZbsSBN,qs50OIg~~0_1.JPG

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
That's a great bag Hell's Belle! Love it.

I also got a "new" bag... I won it on ebay (from a Dublin seller - it's not you is it Miss Golightly?? :D)
$(KGrHqJ,!m!E1Fu1Uo8+BN,s,zmR7g~~_1.JPG

It's made by Sergio Cerruti Roma.. any ideas about age??

Gorgeous bag LinaSofia!

I wasn't the seller because if I was I wouldn't be parting with this lovely bag - I just love box purses!

ThePowderKeg

One of the Regulars
Zell Fifth Avenue compact shaped like a padlock...I finished reading a biography of Harry Houdini not long ago and this makes me think of something his wife may have carried for fun. :)

KGrHqUOKjsE0ZekV7WMBNZs9FMK_3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic