Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

CherryBombRock

Familiar Face
pigeon toe said:
4c0d_1.JPG

I just recieved this cute little 1950's (maybe earlier) bustier/bra thing for $10 on ebay. It's gorgeous in real life (and fits!), the picture doesn't do it justice!
Wow - that is gorgeous! I have a couple of cotton tops in that shape. The label inside describes them as 'suntops' . I have one in green and another in black - such great staples in my wardrobe - I have too manay skirts and not enough tops!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GOK said:
Are you going to add some photos of you wearing your new stuff to your album, Daisy? I do hope so.

PT - thank you so much for the photos, I appreciate you posting them.
I've really got to update that site. I haven't done so in a very long time! I just have to give Hemingway a few day's notice to prepare, get himself mentally ready for me complaining that my hair doesn't look right, that my makeup looks splotchy. All the complaints a gal has, that he's heard too many times, and really can no longer tolerate.
GirlFriday, I love that ReVamp dress!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
LadyDeWinter said:
Hello Ladies,

look what I just won on ebay:

276367.jpg

I paid 16 Euros, I think that is o.k.

:eek:
Fu..erik..guh..um..plah*

*awesome sause!

LD

I neeeeeeed a good vest pattern so bad and so right now! Lucky you!

PS
Pleas dont tell me that hte pattern in the lower right corner has buttons on the back. Dont tell me that, alright, just dont. Um, right it does NOT, right, so I can feel a bit better about myself and not feel so 'Aw man that pattern is to fab to ignore." Right?

Daisy Buchanan

I won 2 dresses on the bay tonight. I was once again surprised by the prices. I also thought that more people would have bid on them, but only one other bid on the first one, and nobody bid on the second one. I wonder if people are just busy buying holiday gifts for others, that they aren't buying for themselves. This could be the reason why it seems like their are a higher number of vintage items for sale.
I've been looking for a dress like the second one for a while now. It just has that vintage flare that can sometimes be difficult to find. I saw a few girls at the Queen Mary wearing dresses like this one, and was wishing that I had one of my own. I do hope they are in as good condition as the seller says. She says they are flawless. I've had some good luck lately with sellers, I'm hoping it doesn't run out with this one! Well, here they are:

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
No problem. I´m hunting for the full version with over hundred patterns of that at the moment anyway :)

My bid deal today... 8 hat for men and women for 1,50 € (that¬¥s maybe 2 $)
0af5_1_b.JPG

I badly wanted to have that blue and red cap of it and my sweetheart will get the men hats if he likes them :D

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Its raining MEN...er...cardigans.

I get those two mixed up all the time :D Maybe thats my pproblem.

Here are some cardies I got at Mervins yesterday of all places.
DSC00363.jpg

This white one and red one have nice same color beading across the fronts.
DSC00364.jpg

These have that horrid half shirt sewn into them, that I am gonna cut out, but I dont know if Im going to make more button holes to the neck or not yet.
A prettly mind green, something I usualy dont go for.
DSC00365.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

Pink and blue :D
DSC00367.jpg

And here is a vintage Lane Bryant cardie I bought a bit ago but cant find anything to wear with it. Grrr, the challenges...Any ideas ladies?
DSC00368.jpg

Thanks,

LD

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Here are some Ebay items I've won, but have yet to recieve:

barr.jpg

a vintage 40's/50's hair barrette

6c40_1.JPG

a 1940's silk scarf illustrated with different dance steps (lindy, polka, charleston, etc.)

6barrettes1129.jpg

6 vintage hair barrettes

I've given up on bidding on clothes, accessories are much easier to win!

Snookie

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
6c40_1.JPG

a 1940's silk scarf illustrated with different dance steps (lindy, polka, charleston, etc.)

Ohh, I love love LOVE this! It even lists the Peabody? How cool!

I like the two tone green/brown border, too. I guess it's for contrast when you fold it on the diagonal?

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
A prettly mind green, something I usualy dont go for.
DSC00365.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

Pink and blue :D
DSC00367.jpg

And here is a vintage Lane Bryant cardie I bought a bit ago but cant find anything to wear with it. Grrr, the challenges...Any ideas ladies?
DSC00368.jpg

Thanks,

LD

Lady Day, I'm in love with these gorgeous cardis! Are they vintage or did you get them at a place that had more of them? Cuz I am always in need of sassy ones like those!

And that Lane Bryant one is very sweet. I love the flame pattern. I'm awful when matching things up. I always just go for the basics like a black pencil skirt or something on those lines.

Daisy Buchanan

Lady Day those are some great cardigans, you certainly did hit the jackpot!
I think that the last one would look very cute with a pencil skirt. Or, I don't know if you have any springy dresses, but a vintage decorative cardigan is perfect for a brisk evening.

PigeonToe, those are fantastic purchases. Those barettes are great. Now the only problem with having so many pretty ones is picking out which one to wear....

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy, holy crap, I love those!! How much? TELL!! What are your measurements? If they don't fit you...I know I live farther away than I used to...but....GIMME!

Here is what I have purchased, my boyfriend frowns at me for self-buying around Xmas but TOO BAD!!

Wood, not bakelite:
eBayISAPI.dll

Winter - the time for bathing suits! Oops, can't post it, it's protected. Oh well.

Daisy Buchanan

Miss Bella, that is just darling! I never seem to be able to find cute accessories like that, that are actually vintage. Lucky gal!!

I'm hoping the seller was good with taking measurements. I've been looking for a dress like the red and black one for quite some time. It sounds like it has a lot of give, I hope!! Otherwise I'm just gonna have to go on that diet I keep talking about. I paid more than I wanted to for them, eighty for the red and black 91 for the all black. But, and here comes my excuse, I still don't think that's all that bad if they are in fact in as great condition as the seller claims. Right now dresses seem to be going for a lot less than in the past, so I was kind of surprised that these were the lowest bids allowed set by the seller. But, a few months ago I saw dresses like these going for double. So, even though they were high in comparison to other dresses, they really were a good deal if you look at the price of vintage a few months prior. Hah!! Can you tell I'm trying to make myself feel better about spending the money. Sometimes it just helps to talk about these things!
I'll let you know if they don't fit. But, I gotta be honest with you, I'd have a hard time letting them go! If they end up being too small, which I'm praying they are not because according to the measurements they will be a few inches too big, I'll be sure to let you know. Or, you could always come back up to Boston, we could plan a night on the town, and you could borrow whichever one you like.

GOK

One Too Many
That's really pretty LS. Does it come with the tree and pressies? lol

I just got a great 1930s brolly with its original, burgundy corded carrying case. The detailing on it is exquisite. The umbrella has an amber & brass top with a corded carrying handle & has burgundy and amber stripes. There's slight damage where the the zip on the carrying case has come away from the fabric but I think I should be able to repair it.

I need to take some more photos, especially of the case but for now, here's a taster.

445d_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24