Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
I'd actually had my heart set on that very pair when the collection came out, and found these cute dupes for a cool $18:
http://www.shoetopia.com/soda-shoes-tuxedo-thick-heel-slip-on-track-s.html
The last thing I need right now is another pair of heels, but they are awfully tempting!

Hello, $18USD? Way tempting...think I might be emailing my husband this afternoon. I'll make sure to put the blame on you, RodeoRose for the link. ;) lol

Aannd they're ordered! 9 bucks for shipping though, ouch.

Last edited:

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
I´m not allowed to look at shoes! I forbid myself to. But I love the Miss L Fire beauties :)

My latest purchases:

vanityfair1.png

1960s Vanity Fair night gown

foerster.png

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Katinka! That hat is just glorious. Such an amazing colour and matches your hair! Jealous!!

I got quite a haul this Christmas. My husband bought me these:
bag.jpg
cherry.jpg

collectif-344-ret1000.jpg

and the pale blue Tea Dress in this photo from Vivien of Holloway:
voh.jpg

And if I wasn't lucky enough, I bought myself these:
0803.jpg
Reginadollhibiscus2.jpg
tan.jpg

All in all a good load of new things! Haven't bought anything vintage for a while - keep getting outbid on e-bay and haven't trawled around any fairs for a long time. Something to look forward to in the summer!

Frenchy56

A-List Customer

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Lina Sofia, those shoes are really adorable! You lucky girl!

I'd actually had my heart set on that very pair when the collection came out, and found these cute dupes for a cool $18:
http://www.shoetopia.com/soda-shoes-tuxedo-thick-heel-slip-on-track-s.html
The last thing I need right now is another pair of heels, but they are awfully tempting!

not a bad lookalikey! And very affordable!
I'm collecting my shoes from the post office on Monday.. really can't wait!

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
If anyone does buy those shoes, could we have a report on the quality? :D I know they're not going to have decades of wear in for $18, but if they seem completely flimsy then I'd rather know...
I bought them and got a confirmation email that they are on my way to my mailbox as I post this. :D I am hoping there will at least be a decent sole on them. I have been having a dickens of a time finding shoes with decent soles. It seens like manufactuerers just don't care about that kind of stuff anymore. :(

wahine

Practically Family
il_570xN.285687470.jpg

I can't believe how awesome these earrings are. Or that I now own them!

These are awesome! A showoff on every tiki party. or any party, that is.

I got a teal dress from the bay, probably eighties-do-forties. I altered it a bit and hope it doesn't look eighties now.
The leather shoes are new, got them for 20 Euro.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Wahine - the dress doesn't look 80s! I really like the "ruching" on the bodice. And the shoes are great - what a bargain!

I bought this lamb bag from an antique shop today. It's quite roomy and I thought it was cute and unusual for an everyday winter bag!
Aipkw-4CQAA83kC.jpg

wahine

Practically Family
Thanks LD! I was insecure about the length. One thing doesn't show in the pic: the hem is too little (not wide enough), the dress has a very straight form instead of an "A"-form. so it looks sort of awkward when I walk, esp. in the back (many pleads below the derrière). Shortening the dress might help a bit, but I'm not sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24