Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

swinggal

One Too Many
Miss sofia said:
lol I think we would say 'jumper' or sweater for both long and short sleeved , or the word 'pullover' or 'jersey' is also used in the UK, (slightly old fashioned words, jersey always brings to mind chunkier,knitted, woolly sweaters, like the traditional ones made on the islands of Jersey, Guernsey or Arran, but my old school jumpers were always described as 'pullovers'). A cardigan is a cardigan or 'cardi'! This isn't a definitive answer by any means. We could probably start a new thread on this UK versus US clothing terminology!:)

We say 'jumper' here in Australia too. Can mean either a woolen or fleecy top with long arms. Funny as in the US a jumper is overalls or a dress with the the braces and bib, like overalls.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Miss sofia said:
lol I think we would say 'jumper' or sweater for both long and short sleeved , or the word 'pullover' or 'jersey' is also used in the UK, (slightly old fashioned words, jersey always brings to mind chunkier,knitted, woolly sweaters, like the traditional ones made on the islands of Jersey, Guernsey or Arran, but my old school jumpers were always described as 'pullovers'). A cardigan is a cardigan or 'cardi'! This isn't a definitive answer by any means. We could probably start a new thread on this UK versus US clothing terminology!:)
We should start that thread, I worked with a teacher from Australia and the kids had quite the laugh when she told them to take out their rubbers ( condom here in the US vs Eraser).
I also thought the term Guillotine was a fun way to say paper cutter as well.
Neither is clothing related well is the condom clothing ;)

Foofoogal

Banned
In the US, at least where I'm from, we used to call the skirts with suspenders (pinafores?) jumpers.

HelloJodi

New in Town
ZombieGirl said:
No one knew I was wearing Crocs except my feet!

Love them! I stopped at a Croc outlet a few weeks ago and picked up some heels for $9.99! I get so many complements on them and people are downright SHOCKED when I tell them they are Crocs. They are secret Crocs. Only thing that stinks is that I'm a solid 6 1/2, and they only do whole sizes. So I buy them small and try and stretch them.

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
HelloJodi said:
Love them! I stopped at a Croc outlet a few weeks ago and picked up some heels for $9.99! I get so many complements on them and people are downright SHOCKED when I tell them they are Crocs. They are secret Crocs. Only thing that stinks is that I'm a solid 6 1/2, and they only do whole sizes. So I buy them small and try and stretch them.

I'm pretty sure I'll get some heels too... there are a couple styles I have my eye on.

Mojito

One Too Many
My new Boué Soeurs capelet, the first creation I've owned by them....

DSC03532.jpg

And the matching muff that came with it, showing the lace and ribbonwork for which this couture house was famous.

DSC03545.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Trumpetina said:
That's an adorable outfit. That orange will look so cute on you!

Thank you Trumpetina! I'm trying to get a few nice pieces together for our trip to France in October - not sure what the weather will be like - hoping it's cool enough to wear the sweaters I got! I also got this black felt skirt from Etsy - love the scalloped hem and twinkly roses!

BlackFeltSkirt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo