Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
This thread is fun, though it's hard to keep up with! At times I steer clear of it to not be tempted to spend money... Thanks for complimenting my coconutty bag LinaSofia haha!). You all have tip top taste, and it's fun to see things i never knew existed (like that kind of dressing gown, Miss Golightly!).
Lately I've been buying everything on e-bay or etsy, so it was fun to get back to the real deal and thrift IRL! Here's what I found today:
sopstationenfynd.jpg

Potholders, one in the shape of a pinafore dress!
A grumpy toy dog from the 50's
A circular pink bag for sunny days
A Swedish 7" feat the songs "Barbie och Ken" and "Skipper" with Maj-Britt & Ronny
A 60's teen book about girls who start a band called The Little Frogs
A 50's children's book about toys who come to life at night, and possibly a pioneer mixed race love story...
A book about body language with black and white pics of guys grabbing gals bottoms (!) etc
Spex case in faux velvet
E.T. board game
A porcelain ballerina
A 50's book about a famous Swedish swimmer (hot pics!)
A tourist scarf from Denmark
plus more books and spex cases

Grand total: $41

great finds!! :) I can't wait to go round the vintage shops in Stockholm when I'm there next week! And the ones in Nottingham when I move up there in three weeks! :D there's just nothing around here! where did you find all these things?

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Stockholm is great for thrifting. However, it's far away from me. I live in Malmö, where second-hand shops spell vintage "1980s". Once in a while I'll luck out, but I find most of my clothing on e-bay or when I'm on trips to better vintage cities. Summer flea markets can surprise you with treasures, but they're always early in the morning on Saturday or Sunday, when I'm often hung-over. The place I visited today is not so good if you're looking for clothes, but fantastic if you're looking for funiiture and knic-knacs. Almost all my furniture (50s) is bought there, and was dead cheap. It's called the garbage station since it takes care of stuff people throw out!

Last edited:

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
It must look like all I do is shopping, the amount of things I post on here! And I guess that's almost true.... I've got to stop!! But anyway, here's my latest... :eek:

il_570xN.232459627.jpg

repro 40s dress made from vintage rayon fabric. I'm kind of sold on rayon since I got my first rayon dress the other day... it's very cool and lovely to wear.

a vintage 50s sailor hat!
safe_image.php

the veiling is broken so I might just remove it and wear it without.

Finally a bakelite bead necklace which I won on ebay for £5, which is pretty crazy.

P1130358.JPG

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Stockholm is great for thrifting. However, it's far away from me. I live in Malmö, where second-hand shops spell vintage "1980s". Once in a while I'll luck out, but I find most of my clothing on e-bay or when I'm on trips to better vintage cities. Summer flea markets can surprise you with treasures, but they're always early in the morning on Saturday or Sunday, when I'm often hung-over. The place I visited today is not so good if you're looking for clothes, but fantastic if you're looking for funiiture and knic-knacs. Almost all my furniture (50s) is bought there, and was dead cheap. It's called the garbage station since it takes care of stuff people throw out!

I just assumed you were in Stockholm, sorry! There are lots of 80s stuff everywhere... you just have to rummage well to find the gems! I've found some great things in Beyond Retro in Stockholm :)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Oh! Is that what it's called? I didn't know. Your taste is impeccable, so your compliment means a lot to me. Thanks!

That's such a lovely thing to say CherryLips - so thank you!

I have two monogrammed Bermuda bags myself (yours looks like one to me in the photo) - with most of them you can change the fabric bag so you have loads of options with it - I love the colour of yours though.

Drappa

One Too Many
So, I know this is silly because I already have this sweater in navy, but I like it so much I got it in white as well:)
451697524_o.jpg

I also got these two fabrics, one to recreate a dress I lost out on a while back, and the poppy print for a skirt or maybe the skirt part of a dress
KGrHqNg0E1fwR7ZrBNYKLjc_12.jpg

CEyghgEGkKGrHqIOKiE0ikvGkkLBNTCm8JvQ_3.jpg

And I won my first real vintage bullet bra, NOS, but am not getting too excited until it gets here and actually fits!

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
OK I have a whole slough of stuff to show off, so bear with me.

My guy and I bought this Tivoli pot this weekend at Homesense in Edmonton. I love the colour (especially the white inside) and G said it was awesome quality. It was a steal at $14.
tivoli1.jpg

Also at Homesense I picked up this cute apron. I am not the chef of our household but I do like wearing it when I'm doing dishes because I'm a slopper. I really like the pattern.
apron1.jpg
apron2.jpg

(I look pregnant in that photo - but I'm not :eek:)

So this is probably really strange purchase to show off so excuse me. I love the spaghetti sauce that President's Choice makes (I think it's only available in Canada, sorry to everyone else!). Not only is it delicious, but it's also reusable! It says Mason on it, has measurements and the label comes off really easily when you wash it. I'm totally more likely to buy this brand now because it's good, cheaper than name brand and has a secondary purpose!
mason%20jar2.jpg

So the last one wasn't a purchase, it was a gift of sorts from my mom. She got it when she was with my grandparents in Florida helping my grandpa settle a distant relative's estate. I'm not sure what year it is but my mother assured me it was probably from the 1950s. The label says Sydney California if that helps anyone. Anyway, it's a very sturdy bag and came with a mirror and a little change purse.
purse2.jpg

Tatum

Practically Family
I picked up a couple of scarves today, and one has a great story! I initially grabbed it because it looked like silk (it is), and the print looked like those beautiful French toile prints. I spread it out, and it was a souvenir scarf from Sea Island, where hubby and I spent our honeymoon! I almost swooned, and when I got home, hubby was floored. We still visit there when we can, I can't wait to take it with on my birthday trip.

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

The other scarf is just a cute black and olive green print, the pics didn't do it justice :)

Drappa

One Too Many
Tatum, that is such a great find and story!

The cashmere sweater is by Antoni & Alison (British label) and I got the navy one in a shop last Christmas, so have been looking on Ebay occasionally and this one popped up.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
CherryLips - thank you - I love blue roses too!

Drappa - what a lovely sweater and if it's available in different colours why not get them both?! Great fabrics too - you must show us what you do with them.

Tatum - great scarf and such a pretty colour - I quite like vintage souvenir scarves!

MissLaurieMarie - I love your purse - such a great shape (it's great when it has it's original change purse and mirror too).

I just got this Lisner set - I've been looking for a demi parure in this colour for a while now:

il_570xN_221975052.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy