Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
It's fun to see what you girls have been buying lately! I wish the following pieces were mine too:
il_570xN_248338862.jpg

Classic Chanel two-tone pumps:
Image0333.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Thank you CherryLips!

A few pieces off Etsy:

A gold (I think it's real gold) and pearl pin:

il_570xN_137796678.jpg

A monogrammed bag:

il_570xN_240064917.jpg

Tabak cigarette pants and Tabak top:

il_570xN_251689738.jpg

A circle skirt:

il_570xN_251992542.jpg

A pair of BLT Baltarini espadrilles (in the sales!):

Image0346.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Beth - yay for you!!!!!!! So glad you love CDLM - that's the limited edition one isn't it - for charity? I'm really so pleased you love it and you are happy with it!!!!!!!

On a separate CDLM note - I was in Bloomingdales with my husband on our last day in NYC trying to squeeze in some shopping and this lady from Lab-something or other was trying to get me to get my husband to have a free facial - so I hurredly explained that we were flying out in a few hours and she said to me "You have gorgeous skin - what do you use?" so I said "CDLM" and she said "Your skin is beautiful - congratulations honey!!!!!!" - that made my day!

Lusty Haze

New in Town
Beth - yay for you!!!!!!! So glad you love CDLM - that's the limited edition one isn't it - for charity? I'm really so pleased you love it and you are happy with it!!!!!!!

On a separate CDLM note - I was in Bloomingdales with my husband on our last day in NYC trying to squeeze in some shopping and this lady from Lab-something or other was trying to get me to get my husband to have a free facial - so I hurredly explained that we were flying out in a few hours and she said to me "You have gorgeous skin - what do you use?" so I said "CDLM" and she said "Your skin is beautiful - congratulations honey!!!!!!" - that made my day!
Yeah, it's the 100ml pot! I still can't believe I spent that much on it, but I just had to! I had that facial too!! I booked in for one in Selfridges in London and it was fabulous! Now I'm a CDLM customer, I can book in for free facials whenever I like! I am absolutely hooked for life! Can't thank you enough :D

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Hey ladies, I've been away for a while now due to our house move. Let me show you my most extravagant new purchases!

My Re-Mix wedgies! My first re-mixes... very pleased.
DSC02196.jpg

And a beautiful 1930s sterling silver and marcasite dress clip that was a gift from my fiance.
DSC02187.jpg

DSC02188.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Welcome back LinaSofia - hope the big move went well for you!

That is such an incredibly beautiful dress clip - the shoes are lovely too - how did you find the sizing - I heard that sizing on Remix shoes is a bit odd?

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I was bidding on that dress clip! Haha! Glad it went to a good home.

oh interesting! This wasn't bought on ebay, it was found in an antiques shop in Cumbria! Out of interest, how much did its twin go for on ebay?

And Miss G - thank you! Yes, I'd say the shoes I've got are a tad small for their size (I went up a half size and they're perfect), and a little narrow too. But they are really well made and the sole is cushioned so they're super comfy.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Mary Deluxe - thank you - it should be fab for Summer (whenever it finally arrives - if at all - seriously it's like the depths of Winter out there!!!!!) - R&K is nearly always a winner....

Lina Sofia - oh interesting...... I've been thinking about getting a pair of Remix shoes for ages now - might think about it a little more....I just noticed your tattoo there - may I be so bold to ask you what it says?

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Miss G - I do recommend them, I've spent 2 days in them and they really are comfy. I got these from the first UK stockist (that I know of anyway): www.revival-retro.com, she says she is going to stock more remix shoes in the future and people are welcome to email her with their favourite styles and the ones that get the most votes will be stocked! If I had the whole range to choose from I probably wouldn't have bought the grey ones, but I'm still really pleased... oh and my tattoo... it says "over the mountain is the sky, my love" in Georgian. Very random, but it has a special meaning to me. :)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
LinaSofia - Thanks so much for the link - glad to hear the shoes are super comfy - they look it too! I see that Trashy Diva stocks some amazing Remix shoes (I think it was the Baby Doll style that I was smitten with) - maybe for my next pair....!

Your tattoo is very unusual and it's nice that it's so personal....

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
I have a serious problem shopping practically! I had to buy a jacket for a photoshoot from a really fantastic vintage shop, it ended up being ridiculous expensive though. They agreed to give me 100% store credit if I brought it back in two weeks, so I had it cleaned and took it back after the shoot. I went back thinking I'd get some nice casual vintage clothes. Alas, I'm just not a casual kind of girl. I'm hoping this isn't too inappropriate for the lounge haha, but this is my favorite of what I ended up with, and it was dead stock(!), which excited me haha.
162-1.jpg

161-1.jpg

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I agree with Miss Cherry lips - practical has nothing to do with necessity where glamour is concerned!! (Says the woman who was supposed to be food shopping today and bought a turban instead)! You still have to look and feel cute round the house or in the boudoir, so - lovely find!!

Miss G - I love the tabak top and pants, so lovely, i would die for a set like that! The R and K dress is a beauty too. Please add another CDLM convert to your list, i have the big birthday coming up in December, so my Dad said he would happily buy me some! Hurrah!

LinaSofia - Lovely dress clip and it's marcasite too, i adore a bit of marcasite!

Thanks also for the heads-up on the Re-mix shoes. I have had an idea to buy myself a pair. I love the grey though, very chic and goes with everything. Lovely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy