Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
Miss Golightly that dress it to die for.
My boyfriend just got me this hat for a present and I'm in love. It's a little union made fake fur beret.
Photoon1-24-12at902PM2.jpg

Photoon1-24-12at902PM.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Ginfizz - thank you! I love your new hat - I have a thing for berets anyway! I've always meant to say that your hair in your avatar is amazing!

LinaSofia - that is one sweet little hat!

I saw these on Net-A-Porter and fell in love - if I could image my perfect shoes that would go with everything - well this would be them - my new Jimmy Choo's - silver canvas with leather trim:

177395_in_l.jpg
177395_cu_l.jpg

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Miss G - love the Logan dress, very glamorous and yes, toasty, which is always a bonus. The shoes are to die for and would work so well with your style. Could they be an investment piece, as they are a classic style?

Linasofia - You always find such cute hats and you wear them so well, i love seeing all the pictures of your hairstyles and hats on your blog. I particularly like the braiding/frogging on the hat, so sweet!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Miss G - love the Logan dress, very glamorous and yes, toasty, which is always a bonus. The shoes are to die for and would work so well with your style. Could they be an investment piece, as they are a classic style?

Thank you Miss Sofia! I was after a pair of kitten heels with a nice pointy toe for ages - checked out loads of different vintage sites for a vintage pair but could never find quite what I wanted (or in my size!!!!!!) so when I saw these they ticked every box - and more! Yes, they are definitely a investment piece and they will be worn with practically everything so well worth every penny!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Actually they will look lovely with capri pants or ankle length trousers. I actually have an old pair of my Mums sixties kitten heels, sadly they are soo pointy and about a size too small. I tend to wear them for dress up in front of the mirror if the truth be told! That's about as far as i can walk in them!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Actually they will look lovely with capri pants or ankle length trousers. I actually have an old pair of my Mums sixties kitten heels, sadly they are soo pointy and about a size too small. I tend to wear them for dress up in front of the mirror if the truth be told! That's about as far as i can walk in them!

That's what I was thinking too - they are great all rounders! That's such a shame about your Mum's kitten heels - I do the same with a few pairs of vintage shoes that I have yet to break in - I stick them on and admire them in the mirror - then take around two steps to the chair to sit down and pull them off - much to the relief of my poor feet!

I love your coral necklace - very Summery! I got one a couple of years ago from the Daily Fail - it was a copy of a necklace worn by the Queen when she was younger - very pretty!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
That's what I was thinking too - they are great all rounders! That's such a shame about your Mum's kitten heels - I do the same with a few pairs of vintage shoes that I have yet to break in - I stick them on and admire them in the mirror - then take around two steps to the chair to sit down and pull them off - much to the relief of my poor feet!

I love your coral necklace - very Summery! I got one a couple of years ago from the Daily Fail - it was a copy of a necklace worn by the Queen when she was younger - very pretty!

I'm so glad it's not just me hobbling round the boudoir. I just hope my nieces have nice dainty feet, so they can have them, or at least play dressing up, when they come and visit.

Actually i have seen some lovely jewellery advertised in the Mail, they went through a spate of selling lovely vintage jewellery, copies of famous pieces like your necklace. I just never got it together to collect the coupons, orindeed to buy any full stop.

Actually i saw some beautiful white coral 30's beads to die for today, i may well have to treat myself....although i shouldn't, but they were really so lovely. I was very proud of my willpower when i walked away!!

Coopsgirl

New in Town
Hummingbird pin - possibly 50s or 60s judging by the pin back

mid-50spin.jpg

1960s Vanity Fair nightgown

1960sVFnightgown1.jpg

1960sVFnightgown2.jpg

1950s Avon Cotillion bath oil - I cleaned it out and put my Neutrogena bath oil in it.

1950sAvonbathoil.jpg

1940s House of Stuart rouge

1940srouge1.jpg

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
I love old avon bottles! I have quite a few myself. Some of them are still full of the old perfumes and some I've refilled. I feel like they always look so cute on my little vanity.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Lauren - thank you - I can't wait to wear it!

Miss Sofia - There was another offer in The Fail of a bow diamante brooch that I ordered which never turned up and for some reason I never chased them for it - ah well!

Those coral beads sound divine - you have such restraint Miss S!!!!!!!!!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
tulle_petti_black_large.jpg

I know I could probably make one but I might have gone insane in the process. This was $36.00 with free shipping til the end of Feb from Candy Violet.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
some really great finds ladies! Love the coral necklace Miss S, I've been wanting one like that for ages!

Isn't it nice when that January salary finally arrives... haha. I could finally pay for this 50s silk wiggle dress that I had reserved on Etsy. I am thinking will be great for spring & summer special occasions. I actually bought it with an upcoming christening in mind.
il_570xN.303337125.jpg

I also bought these vintage specs from Dead Men's Spex on Ebay (and having my prescription put in). My first true vintage specs actually :)
safe_image.php

Other smaller ebay purchases in the last couple of weeks include:
an egg coddler!
safe_image.php

and a violin rhinestone brooch
safe_image.php

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner