Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you LadyStardust for your sweet compliments:)
Shearer, that is an incredible hat! Really great, have fun wearing it.

Well, I didn't expect to win these shoes on ebay for it seems that vintage shoes have been going for astronomical amounts. I watched them all day and the prices didn't change, but I knew anything could happen at the end of the auction. It must be due to the fact that it's a Saturday night, but nobody bid on them at the last minute, so the price stayed low.
I won the first pair for $31 and the second for $41. I think getting 2 pairs of vintage shoes for $72 is a pretty good deal, considering one pair similar to the second pair was up for auction a few days ago and went for $230! That's just crazy. I like both pairs, but I really like the second pair the best. I hope they are as cute in person, and that the seller's measurements are correct.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Pink Dahlia your photos are adorable! You've got great gams, I'm jealous! Love the book pose and that suitcase is awesome. You go girl!

Daisy those are some great buys. Hope the shoes fit!

Lady Day, enjoy those stockings. We are all pea green over those I'm sure! :D

Lots of great hats lately girls. I'm not even going to start searching for those, I've been a very bad girl on the bay lately...:(

Nikki

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
:eusa_clap
Daisy Buchanan said:
Thank you LadyStardust for your sweet compliments:)
Shearer, that is an incredible hat! Really great, have fun wearing it.

Well, I didn't expect to win these shoes on ebay for it seems that vintage shoes have been going for astronomical amounts. I watched them all day and the prices didn't change, but I knew anything could happen at the end of the auction. It must be due to the fact that it's a Saturday night, but nobody bid on them at the last minute, so the price stayed low.
I won the first pair for $31 and the second for $41. I think getting 2 pairs of vintage shoes for $72 is a pretty good deal, considering one pair similar to the second pair was up for auction a few days ago and went for $230! That's just crazy. I like both pairs, but I really like the second pair the best. I hope they are as cute in person, and that the seller's measurements are correct.

:eusa_clap Oh those are just lovely, I have the hardest time finding vintage shoes in my size. Or at least when I'm looking theres nothing available[huh]

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Got this cute little number today.

20813668_l.jpg

I have no idea how old it is...maybe 50s? I almost bought a black knit cropped sleeve sweater too but since I swore off on black. Maybe next time...

Christine

New in Town
Jeez, a lot of you ladies have some awesome finds! :eusa_clap

I've been wanting a new handbag for awhile but all of the ones in the stores are tacky, the size of duffel bags, or so tiny you can't fit anything in it. I like bags that no one else will have.

Bag001.jpg

Bag002.jpg

Seller states 1940s/1950s, not too sure about that but I didn't pay much for it and no one else will have it. At least I hope.

Daisy Buchanan

Pink Dahlia said:
I'm with you. I looked at a lot of vintage shoes today (all terribly cute) in tiny size 7, 6 and 5.
I did get lucky with these. I have been able to find shoes in my size but they are usually all narrow. These supposedly are not. I'm psyched to get them.
I got this cute sweater today on the Bay, it was Buy it Now. I really don't have enough cute vintage cardigans and sweaters, which is just silly considering the freezing cold climate I live in. I hope this is as cute and in as good condition as it seems to be in the picture.

Christine, that bag is so cute. I know what you mean about the size of modern bags. It's difficult to find a bag that isn't as big as a duffle, but not so small that it won't even hold a lipstick. Oh, and welcome to the lounge!:)

Pink Dahlia, that top is lovely. The color is wonderful.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Daisy:

I don't have hardly any cute vintage sweaters. But it's not really that I need them here.

We hit 98 today. Ick! And here I am buying a sweater!

P.S. - Your sweater is lovely!

Shearer

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Daisy:

I don't have hardly any cute vintage sweaters. But it's not really that I need them here.

We hit 98 today. Ick! And here I am buying a sweater!

P.S. - Your sweater is lovely!

Ha, I know. It was in the 90s last week and I'm already getting sunburned here, but I was extremely happy when my 40s sweater arrived from UPS one day :D I was looking at jackets on eBay last night, I must be crazy.

Grace

Vendor
Lovely things,ladies!

I won this on eBay a few days ago, and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I have a bit of stain removal to do, and I'll have to take it in, but I love it! It's a strapless linen dress with pleated tulle along the bustline.

66ee_12.JPG

65c4_12.JPG

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
I did get lucky with these. I have been able to find shoes in my size but they are usually all narrow. These supposedly are not. I'm psyched to get them.
I got this cute sweater today on the Bay, it was Buy it Now. I really don't have enough cute vintage cardigans and sweaters, which is just silly considering the freezing cold climate I live in. I hope this is as cute and in as good condition as it seems to be in the picture.
Oh, what a love! A girl can never have too many cardigans, no matter the weather she lives in! At least, that's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it! ;)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
LadyStardust said:
Oh, what a love! A girl can never have too many cardigans, no matter the weather she lives in! At least, that's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it! ;)

Ah you don't live in Arizona! (Though I do have a few sweaters.) ;)

Daisy Buchanan

Grace those are some great gets. I especially like the vintage menu, that is soo cool.
Thanks Ladystardust. I am looking forward to getting this. I have some cute pencil skirts that I rarely wear for lack of vintage sweaters. I have a lot of modern cardigans that don't look bad with them, but they are kind of plane looking. I was glad to find something with bead work on it, and I think I got it for a good price too.

Not vintage clothing but I did just buy a bunch of stuff from adiscount beauty, including some very cool foam-ish curling sticks, some new hair rats, and another kind of rubber curler that is similar to a hot stick but they are padded, don't heat up, and have more flexibility. They don't look all that comfy to sleep in but they look really easy to use. Being that I have rheumatoid arthritis, I don't have the greatest dexterity in my hands, and they tend to cramp up easily making it difficult to curl my hair. I'm psyched to get these new ones, I think they will be much more comfy to use.
Now if only I could find the perfect cinch belt to go with some of the new dresses I bought last weekend. They seem to be in style right now, but most of the ones I've come across either don't come in the color I want or are just down right funny looking....

Shearer

Practically Family
A little :eek:fftopic: but Daisy brought up a good point. If anyone finds a good website with vintage looking belts or knows of one, could you please post it or bump another thread with it?

We all know how many dresses are missing their belts or are advertised with a belt "not included in auction" :eusa_doh:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just remember ladies, if you have a cool website that you want to share, tell a bartender and she can add it to the stickies at the top of the forum. Those puppies are always being updated with new info!

So keep those eyes out for more cute things!

LD

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Daisy, I love going to the beauty supply! I feel like a kid in a candy shop. I'm in love with the myriad of cheap, but good, products they always have. I need to get my hands on some rats! How are they working out for you? What styles are you going to use them for?

Mojito

One Too Many
I attended "The Way We Wear" vintage clothing fair out at Hurstville this weekend - very interesting. I enjoyed comparing the Australian prices to the international market - some items I thought overpriced, others seemed very reasonable.

Came away with just a boudoir robe, probably of fairly late date but with an Edwardian styling (particularly the back - oriental, tassels etc) and some La Mode Illustree issues from a season I'm particularly researching. I promptly donned the robe when we got home - to my friend's amusement. She photographed me looking a bit bedraggled:

DSCN0367.jpg

DSCN0354.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou