Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Kimberly

Practically Family
Paul said:
I can very much see why you could not pass this over it is a very fine example of a 60's dress

I agree. I love the mod look and that has a little bit of the Audrey look going. I am a total sucker for buttons and the 60's dresses have a lot of those so I always find myself being drawn to them.

That is a great dress.

timorous me

Familiar Face
Kimberly, Daisy - I feel your pain... But you don't know the half of it 'till you've lived in Maine. ;-) But I'm sure you had some of our absurd weather this year... We had temperatures in the 60's in JANUARY and then a below-zero cold snap in March... A couple of weeks ago it reached the 60's again, and two days later we got dumped with two feet of snow... and of course, I'm on the coast, so it was mostly sleet and freezing rain...

But, like the old saying says, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute!"
(sure makes it hard to plan an outfit, though!)

Kimberly

Practically Family
Timorous, you also had a risk of flooding during that last storm didn't you?

I always worry about Maine and flooding because my mother's husband owns a house at York and a couple of years ago it was so flooded that Short Sands seemed like a lake!

Maine makes up for it in the summer though when it's 95 unbearable degrees off shore and a comfortable 80's on the coast of Maine. I love Maine in the summer!

Grace

Vendor
A 1955 Coats and Clark knitting pattern magazine. 'Sweaters are Fashion News!'
DSCN5796.jpg

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Thanks ladies for all your comments! I love the dress, sadly I just can't bring myself to love the colour. I have sent it back to be exchanged for the blue, which I'd feel much more confident in! :eek:

Grace, that pattern is gorgeous, I would kill for that little short sleeved number!

kerry

One of the Regulars
I have had a little shopping spree in the last couple of days
dress2.jpg

The coat pattern is a larger size than the one in the picture. 40 bust. I would be happy to send a copy to anyone that would like to use it. I'll put it on the pattern thread aswell.
93361_vintage_womens_1940s_patterns.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
And here is a blue dress I bought dirt cheap. I love the detail at the shoulders! The only thing I don't like is the belt buckle (which I hid in the back). The dress is either 70's or 80's and it looks like that with the gold belt buckle. It has snaps so I can snap it off so now I have to get one to replace it and figure out how to do it. :eek: :D

BlueDress.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Damn you Target!

I was bit by the Target dress bug. I bought two tonight. One is a pink & cream striped Isaac Mizrahi shirtwaist dress. I couldn't believe it when I saw it and I almost fainted when they had it in my size and it fit! It has a high waist and a mating fabric belt! If you find this at a Target store snatch it up! I couldn't find it on the website (which is funny because it's on a pic on their site) so you'll have to wait until I wear it for pics!

I also bought a drop waist dress perfect (with the proper adornments) for the Gatsby Party tomorrow. Don't worry I'll post pics of that too.

I also took this from my mom's house. It was my grandma's.

20990155_l.jpg

I'll be on the lookout for a peach dress. :D

Medusa

New in Town
Kimberly said:
Here is a cute little costmetic case I picked up today (I don't know if it's vintage or not but I loved it).

CosmeticFull.jpg

CosmeticOpen.jpg

Oh MY! I LOVE that!

I have been looking for one kinda like that for a while and have come across a few of them that were damaged. I just have a fetish for little boxes like that sitting all across the top of my dresser!

Mojito

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
I also bought a drop waist dress perfect (with the proper adornments) for the Gatsby Party tomorrow. Don't worry I'll post pics of that too.
Now you know I'm dying to see this! And photos of the picnic!

Have been following this thread avidly - so many lovely things, it's hard to catch up!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Here's the Gatsby outfit. The sheer coat idea I got from the 1974 Gatsby film. Daisy wears a lot of sheer coverups.

l_6bf5daeb2a49d251023ccae66fb463ef.jpg

l_dc179fca7e4bf0c5be4f634281b18198.jpg

I apologize for the poor quality. But maybe I'll get some better pics from the party. :)

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
I am so excited! I just got an entire bolt of black and white herringbone from Walmart for $1.00 a yard! I got about 12 yards for $12! I really wanted to buy the black poly/rayon crepe bolt for $1.00/yard as well.

But, since I don't have projects for them at the moment, I don't think the hubby would appreciate it too much. I still need to learn to sew in a straight line, first lol And I live in a tiny apartment, so storing whole bolts isn't the easiest thing to do. I love black and white herringbone and I just couldn't resist. I have a repo pattern for a 40's suit that I think I will make with it. Well, I could make a few suits with 12 yards!

I think we need an emoticon for a happy dance, because that is what I am doing inside right now!
59.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen