Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I forgot that I also won this darling summer dress on the bay too. I'm so thrilled to finally have some cotton/rayon spring/summer dresses that will fit. I have all of these darling summer dresses that I can't wear at the moment. I love lightweight dresses. But then again, I'm buying all these warm weather dresses and the warm weather is nowhere to be found:( I hope I can wear this pretty little lovely soon. Well around here I'd have to wait until after Memorial Day to wear a dress like this, but if it gets hot enough before then, I don't care about fashion faux pas, I'm putting this pretty little lovely on!! So, all of you please pray that the weather in the Northeast warms up soon, please.....

Daisy Buchanan

Kimberly said:
Daisy!! You most certainly did go on a shopping spree!!! :eek:

All of your purchases are INCREDIBLE!!! :eek:

I can't wait to see what you and JBD picked out. I am going to have to take a trip to Boston this summer that's for sure!! :eek:

Thanks Kimberly!!

You should definitely take a trip out this way!! The more shopping partners I have the merrier I am!!:D

Kimberly

Practically Family
Daisy, I am at my happiest when I am shopping. I would rather do that than anything else. I blame my mother who used to take us shopping as kids whenever she was down. She passed the trait onto moi. :eek: :rolleyes: . I would love to check out the vintage shop you were talking about!

That summer dress is beautiful. Cheer up though. It is supposed to get into the 60's on Sunday and I saw buds on a tree today. I guarantee we will go right into summer the next two weeks and you will be able to wear that lovely dress. I know I am crossing my fingers for the same. :D

Mojito

One Too Many
Pretty Faythe and Daisy, there's a lot of loveliness in the photographic evidence of your recent sprees :) Hope that the weather turns kind for you soon so you can display them.

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
Cute, cute cute, Daisy! And Pink, you too.

Today a co-worker had on a darling 40's-looking wrap dress. She laughed when I complimened her on it, saying she'd been getting lots, and it was just a Target dress. Welllll, do you think I stopped by Target on my way back to the office? They had one left, and it was even in my size (she & I work in different parts of the state so won't likely be together wearing it). I don't have my computer here so can't post a pic, but it's this one... http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...-4262527?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000LWHUKK

About those Faryl Robins I got this morning in black - kinda need them in the tan now also to go with the dress. It's endless... (I mean, back to endless)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Decobelle, I was contemplating that dress at Target this morning! lol
Was having trouble making up my mind, wound up running out of time and not getting anything there. But two simialar styled dressess from k-mart later for much less.

Daisy Buchanan

Aw, you ladies are so darn sweet!:D I appreciate all of your compliments, they all put a big smile on my face, which is kind of hard to do with this constant dreary weather we've been having. I hear this weekend is supposed to be lovely. I feel so badly for JBD. She has been here since last Thursday, and is staying until next Sunday, and she hasn't seen the sun since her arrival. I have tried to assure her that this is not typical for Boston this time of year. We do have rainy Aprils, but it's not usually this cold. I just heard on the 10 o'clock news that we "might see the sun on Friday". Argh!!
Bad weather or not I've got a wicked case of spring fever, I keep buying springy dresses. Hopefully when I get them they will fit. I just won this darling white linen with red roses embroidered dress. It comes with the red patent belt but I thin this was not the original belt that came with the dress. It's a bit more modern looking than the dress is. I do like the thick belt, though I might try and find a red cinch belt. This might not be too hard, for vintage looking cinch belts are all the rage this season. I love the embroidered roses and the cut of the dress however it does have some damage. I'm hoping that I can take a bit of excess fabric and attach it on the inside of the dress where the holes are, then trim any fraying. This usually works for smaller holes, and with a white slip underneath I'm hoping they won't be too noticeable. I'm very surprised by the price I paid. Maybe people didn't want to buy it because of the few small holes, and they are small. But, this might have deterred people from bidding, which is fine with me. It's not a $20 dress, but in comparison to the other dresses I've purchased over the past couple of days, it was a bargain:)
NNJYN-pampaterson2.jpg

pampaterson5.jpg

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
Such beautiful choices, Daisy. I especially like the floral summer day dress, but the white dress with red flowers is just swell, too.

I have so much to learn! ;)

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
pretty faythe said:
Decobelle, I was contemplating that dress at Target this morning! lol
Was having trouble making up my mind, wound up running out of time and not getting anything there. But two simialar styled dressess from k-mart later for much less.

hee hee! Good for you P. Faythe!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Gosh Daisy, when you go shopping you -really- clean up, don't you?;) I love all the peter pan collars, and my favorite is the white and red dress. All beautiful buys!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
So I was going to have dinner with a work-mate and I came across this tore named "Nostalgic Corner"... "Oh, that looks like a swell store to check out" I said and we went in...

I got a georgous book (Isn´t the cover alone worth the purchase?) that is an advice book for girls on just about everything such as how to groom yourself, what dresses suits you the best, party games and even about the flower and the bees (yes, this is the way they express it and once I readed it I didn´t knew more about what to do with a loved one than before lol ). It has cuuuuute illustrations in it, too. I´ll scan some if you´re interested once I´m back from my vacation.

Not enough, I found a little book with knitting patterns... I´ll post more pics of that one, too if there is interest for it :)

Kim_B

Practically Family
Torrid is having a 50% off sale today through 4/22. :D

Awesome red pencil skirt:
564135_hi.jpg

Cute little pin-stripe shirtdress (I'm thinking of changing out the green belt for a red one):
513044_hi.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo