Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Kitty I like the dress! I agree with BtheB, just pin it if you're too concious about it!

Faythe, I don't know what all sizes they had, but I do think they run large. I bought the small 4/6 and the waist is huge I think, that's another reason I tied it up.
Goldwyn, dontcha love the fabric!!

The striped ones had that funky stretch fabric tho, which I don't care for. But, it they go on clearance you know I'll eat em up!
Nikki

anabolina

A-List Customer
imoldfashioned said:
Well, I'm on the lookout for a fantastic vintage gown, but the long dresses I've seen lately have gone for insane prices so I will probably make my own from one of the Vintage Vogue patterns.

vo2786_LRG.jpg

V2786, the front runner, sans the jacket

V2610.jpg

V2858.jpg

The two strong contenders V2610 and V2858.

If anyone has made these patterns could you let me know your experience with them in the sewing thread (I'll post this plea there too). Thanks!
I picked up the last one today at Jo Anns, I love sales. I love the top part, but know the bottom will NOT work on my figure, so I think I'll raise the waist line, make it straight, and add an a-line, but not too full, skirt. There are a couple reviews for the pattern at patternreview.com and I think the pictures look really cute.

Ohairas, cute top! Must resist (spent $60 on patterns and fabrics today).

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Everyone for your input on the patterns!

2858 is pretty much out of the running due to the midriff--pity since I like the sleeves and neckline of this one but I'm too lazy to alter the pattern as the industrious Anabolina plans to do.

Miss Sis--please do post the dress your Mum made, I'd love to see it. You are so lucky that she's going to sew another dress/jacket for you too! Adorable hat also--I love that style

Kitty Sheridan--thanks for the feedback on 2610. Everything I've read on that one has been bad but I'm so in love with the style I may pin fit the tissue to my dress form to see how it looks just to get it out of my system. Interesting to hear that the jacket on 2786 went together well. I adore it but I was scared off by the "Advanced" rating. I may try it now since 2786 is racing ahead of my other choices.

Timorous Me--I love that Mondrian patterned dress!

Ohairas and Goldwyn Girl--I must get me to a WalMart, that blouse is adorable. I love your sash belt too Ohairas!

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
I bought these a while ago and have been waiting for a picture that shows them...
THIS IS NOT a great picture of this, But I LOVE THIS out fit.
Black back button up blouse!
and A NAVY BLUE FUUUUUUULLLLLLL circle skirt in taffeta!
vinatgeshayla.jpg

and here is one of my new green party dress... again, bad view, but its the only pictures i ever get of me.... I am a photographer, so i am alwayts behind the lens.. :( :(

shower03.jpg

and nevermind the face I am making I was "thinking" lol lol

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
BegintheBeguine said:
All nice, exquisitebones. Navy and black look so well together. Good to see you back.

its good to be back! hahaha, my wedding is coming around the corner so i have no free time for the interwebz, and the wonderful wonderful nesss of FL and all you lovely ladies!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
anabolina said:
I picked up the last one today at Jo Anns, I love sales. I love the top part, but know the bottom will NOT work on my figure, so I think I'll raise the waist line, make it straight, and add an a-line, but not too full, skirt. There are a couple reviews for the pattern at patternreview.com and I think the pictures look really cute.

Ohairas, cute top! Must resist (spent $60 on patterns and fabrics today).

I got that pattern at JoAnnes too! Funny:) Now I just have to learn how to use my darn sewing machine!!![huh] I think I'm gonna be sticking to an easier pattern until I get the hang of it. I swear, learning to drive a stick shift is easier than this darn thing!!

All of your purchases are great ladies. Nikki, you look so darn cute!! You are such a doll:)

OK, my shopping moratorium just came to an official end. I went to Bobby from Boston's warehouse, I spent about 2 hours there just going through boxes. I got the most amazing pair of black suede platforms, and I'm talking 4.5 inch heels with at least a 2 inch platform. They are the most incredible pair of shoes I have ever seen. Bobby had a tough time letting them go, but in the end he did. He did tell me that they are what he calls "movie shoes", so they have been in a few films, he believes that I found them in a box that was used in the movie "The Aviator" which is so cool because that's one of my favorite movies. Anyway, he sold em to me for $55!! Now, you ladies know how much vintage shoes have been going for, let alone vintage shoes in perfect condition, with peep toes and platforms in a wide width!! I'm telling you ladies I was in heaven!! I nearly ran out of the store.
I also got some very cute cotton house and day dresses, a beautiful rayon swing coat in black with an intricate cream colored color, and a beautiful chiffon dress from the early 30's that he is sending off to his professional tailor to fix one of the seams on, so I won't have that in hand for a few weeks. But, it was a great day of shopping. I will take pictures soon, when I finally have the energy.
But for now I will show you this cute shirtwaist dress that I just ordered from JCrew. I've been waiting for this dress to finally go on sale, and it has, so I thought I'd grab it while they still had some in my size. I'm looking forward to getting this:)

Nashoba

One Too Many
Daisy,
one of these days I'm going to have to make it to Boston and convince you to take me to Bobby's! The things you find are just incredible. We just don't have anything quite like that here in Mid TN

timorous me

Familiar Face
terrible terrible pictures, and it's actually a 70's dress (though it has a very 40's feel) - but i'm just so impressed with my new dress that i had to share!

(please ignore my ridiculous looks. i do not photograph well.)

blackdress1.jpg

they look like studs in the picture, but the shoulder detail you're seeing is actually rhinestones...

blackdress4.jpg

the pics don't do it justice!

Donna/Dante

New in Town
Been buying up patterns on Ebay.

Got this one:
46ca_1.JPG
and I'm making it up in black cotton twill with red satin for the trimming bands and appliques (red band and star for one sleeve with a '13' above the band and an 'OS' and another star for the other sleeve). I'm working on it this week and am hoping to have it finished in time to wear to a masquerade ball on the 13th.

I also got this one:
1193_1_sbl.JPG
and fabric is on its way for it to be made up in a nifty black and white stripe with fleurs de lis in the stripes.

-d

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
d6_1_b.jpg

after some what of a lapse in actually being on the internet, i bought this.
there seems to be a direct correlation in me visiting this site and me buying clothes on ebay. hmmm.
x

Nashoba

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
My doors are always open to you Nashoba:)

Oh now I'm definately going to have to visit! :D I really wish I'd been around here and known you a few years ago. My husband used to be stationed in Chicopee.....oh the fun we could have had!
And if you ever find yourself in Mid TN you always have a place here too Daisy :) We don't have nearly as many wonderful shops as you do out there in Boston, but we have a few hiding here and there, and our monthly state Flea Market has some great vendors

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ricki said:
I'm so jealous of your trip to the warehouse.
Well you'll have to join us. Or just go to Bobby's and ask him if you can make an appointment to go. He's a really sweet guy:)

Nashoba, I wish I had known you when you lived in Chicopee. It would have been great to hang out. For a large city we really don't have that many vintage shoppes, just one shoppe that is really incredible.
I wish we had flea markets and the like that sold vintage. We don't have any of that here:( You always seem to get such pretty things!

timorous me

Familiar Face
Y'know, I don't live too far from Boston... I can't believe I've never bothered to make a trip to Bobby's! That place sounds practically magical from the descriptions I've heard here!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
16 pairs of stockings
There are A LOT of stockings on eBay right now. Geeze!
I splurged.
624_1.JPG

Came out to a little over $5 a pair (shiping not included) Aint too bad. Hope they fit. If not Ill list them on classifieds. Keeping in count with my not buying cheap crap and being disappointed sooner than later, I think I did alright.

LD

Barbigirl

Practically Family
~

I'm so excited! I won a genuine fox fur stole on ebay today and I bought a hat at an antique store that is sooooo sweet!

I will post photos and soon and the man sends them off his camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy