Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

The Shirt

Practically Family
DSC00871.jpg

This one's for you then ShortClara. (It's only 1/4 of my purse collection). Need more walls. Weeeee.

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
Oh no I love it! What a great way to display purses!
I like that slip with the butterflies and I'm a big fan of purses with flowers under plastic too.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Wood banister toppers with some cute custom drawer pulls thru the center. A little hard on the patent leather handles. If I can't see them I don't remember to use them. I switch handbags at least once a day.

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
Nice...

MissHannah said:
These are my latest:
IMG_4984-1.jpg

Some beautifully beaten-up 40's jeans for when i am feeling a little hillbilly
And this cute beaded cardi - I always struggle to find these in my size so I'm pretty chuffed with this:
eace_1.jpg

Those jeans look so comfy. I have been looking for a pair of 40s jeans in the correct length (30"+). I got a pair of dead stock "Can't Rip Ums" off of Ebay, what I didn't pay attention to in my haste was the length. 26" inseam. They make really cute pedal pushers with my ballet flats.lol Only it's January, so they haven't see a lot of action yet.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Wow, what wonderful finds you all are getting! Love the jeans, sweaters, dresses and bags!!

I don't have pics, but I just got back from our Liz Claiborn outlet, it's going out of business and everything is DIRT cheap!! I bought 13 belts, 2 scaves, 3 sweaters, one top, a reversable skirt, a brooch, and three purses for $66!!! I was so excited about the belts, I hate spending $10, 20+ on a friggin belt! These were a buck each!
Nikki

~*Red*~

Practically Family
The Best Idea Ever!

The Shirt... you are my hero. One day when we own our own home again, I'm going to do something similar. Right now, I am lucky to have a small walk in closet that has shelf space up top, which I have completely hogged for my purse collection. I'm running out of room. I actually had to downsize.lol

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Wow! I am just in awe of the bags! I need, need, need the green one! I think it's time to head back to the thrift store.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I found a pair of platform suede strappy heels at a sale I went to yesterday. They look alot like a pair in the 1951 Sears catalogue so I am guessing late 40's to early 50's. They are 6 1/2 M so they don't fit me but they were so beautiful that I got them on impulse. Once I get pictures I will either sell them here or on ebay.

I also got a black pill box style hat. It may be modern rather than vintage but it was so crasy I had to have it. It's got lots of tulle and netting and a big gold pin that looks like it's from the 60's.

I also got a nice straw purse. I now have two vintage purses. Yay me!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Just won this 50s Kelly style purse and change purse!

6579_1_sbl.JPG

I love this set Kitty T! I bought a similar purse actually but I think it's from the 60's. I much prefer purses to wallets and just had to replace my bulky one.

redpurse.jpg

The Shirt - great bag collection and what a great way to store them.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
I just bought this - yippee!

DSCN7610.JPG

Very pretty dress Fleur! Looks as though it could be worn dressed up aswell as casually.

lyburnum - the heels are very pretty, are they lucite?

Miss Hannah - I love beaded cardigans, yours is lovely.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Thank you! Aw ladies - you make me blush! Quite a few of you are my heroes as well. I was busting at the seams for storage and thought this might work. It's so hard to store things properly and half the fun of owning vintage is showing it off. The green one was $15 and is my favorite too. :)

Courtney- I love Dorthea's Closet as a source - they have such nice things. Miss Hannah- that cardi is super cute.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
That's such a pretty set Nikki, congratulatons! I love that seller's stock--they always have the nicest things.

Oh, and what do the shoes look like? Can you give us a hint?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot