Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Suggestions...?

I saw this in a charity shop yesterday & had to go back & get it today!!

Image001-1.jpg

I'm intending to wear a pouffy crinoline under it (because I'm insane) but I'm stuck on what to wear on the top. I think a bolero kind of top would go but what colour? I tried on a kinda oatmeal coloured cardi which looked ok but the cut of the cardi was no good. I got a red waist cincher to go with it & some red wedges. Any suggestions for something to keep me warm!?

I love this dress lol

Paula; that dress is very cute, loving it loving it loving it :D

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
dollydaydream said:
Image001-1.jpg

I'm intending to wear a pouffy crinoline under it (because I'm insane) but I'm stuck on what to wear on the top. I think a bolero kind of top would go but what colour?

I think a crinoline would be adorable under it!

As for something to keep warm, I'd go for a bolero or a shrug in either yellow or green. Either color wouldn't need to be a perfect match to the colors in the dress the way the pink/red would.

MJrules

One of the Regulars
BAH!

MJrules said:

I've had it with vintage shoes!!! These are crazy narrow! When I've bought 7s, they've been too long and now this 6.5 is too small! I've spent about $80 on pretty shoes that I will never be able to wear! I think I'll just have to buy them at the Vintage Expo even though they go for $20-30 more than I usually spend but at least I'll be able to try them on!!! Man oh man oh man, and these are so much nicer than the pictures, too, almost deadstock looking on the uppers. Grr.

On a happier note, I'm waiting for these skirts:
skirt1.jpg
skirt2.jpg
skirt3.jpg

I was so glad to be the only bidder on the printed skirt, I love the jugs!
DSCN1059.jpg

This 40s rayon blouse I got from the Vintage Expo. So many nice things but so little money...

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
MJrules said:
I've had it with vintage shoes!!! These are crazy narrow! When I've bought 7s, they've been too long and now this 6.5 is too small! I've spent about $80 on pretty shoes that I will never be able to wear! I think I'll just have to buy them at the Vintage Expo even though they go for $20-30 more than I usually spend but at least I'll be able to try them on!!! Man oh man oh man, and these are so much nicer than the pictures, too, almost deadstock looking on the uppers. Grr.

what a shame, those shoes are beautiful. i have tons of vintage shoes, and they definitely are not all narrow. do you have any vintage shoes you like the fit of? if you take good measurements, it'll give you a better idea when buying shoes online. that's the only thing that's ever worked for me - going by size is often pretty pointless.

MJrules

One of the Regulars
Hey ShooShoo, yes I always go by measurements but the ones for these were given in centimeters and I guess I fudged a little in the conversion (i.e. flipping over the tape measure). You are too right, I just need to hold out for shoes that have the right measurements, not just close enough so that I'm bidding with a prayer. I guess three times the charm, right?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
These aren't vintage, but they go well with my new dress. I might have to return them, though. The heel is so high that I don't think I can walk in them.
keri12x_bluea.jpg

lyburnum

Practically Family
No clothes, but a telephone table I picked up at the charity shop today for £5! Not in the best of shape (needs re-finishing and I want to re-upholster it), but I couldn't resist

IMG_0021.jpg

Aurora

One of the Regulars
blackcourts.jpg

I've been looking for a decent pair of black suede shoes for ages... I found them! :D
Love the buttons, I love shiney things! lol

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lola Valentine said:
They are gorgeous, where did you get them from?

got them on eBay for dirt cheap. The seller's name is cutesyshoes. I highly recommend them, fast delivery, huge selection in all sizes! I've ordered several pairs from them.

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
MissHannah said:
Rah rah rah! I just won some Hot Sticks for £3.71!

2add_1.jpg

miss Hannah, how are you finding your hot sticks?
i've had mine for a few weeks now and they're great but they are making my hair so dry cos they're so hot! i've tried all sorts of heat protection serum and spray but i think it's one of those times where i may need some hot oil/conditioning treatment.

hot sticks are still just swell though.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
goldwyn girl said:
Aurora, loving those black shoes.
I picked this up recently.

000_2673.jpg

Is this an Enid Collins purse? If its an Enid, it's worth money. I got an Enid Collins purse at a thrift store for $3.00 years ago with cats on it. Knowing that people collected Enid Collins' purses, I bought the purse to resell, but grew fond of it and kept it instead. I wish I could find a picture, but I never see the cat bag that I have on websites or eBay. (I hope that means it's rare!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy