Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lillemor

One Too Many
dollydaydream said:
lol that chair is great!!!

I got these today, so pleased am I with my bargains

PICT0134.jpg

COurtesy of Ebay

PICT0135.jpg

£1 from the local Save The Children shop. Perfect for my London trip yay!!

And these clip ons. Have trouble with real earring due to having stretched the holes massivvveeeee lol

PICT0139.jpg

OMG! What I wouldn't do for those glasses and earclips! I'm seriously jealous. I'll need time to recover.

Shearer

Practically Family
Finally, I went on a spree and got some things worth posting in this thread :)

Because you can never have too many black handbags:

2636774707_0f8f890163.jpg

2636774709_dd6fee3004.jpg

50s Atomic fleck shirtdress:

2636774723_22e79035b8.jpg

2636774713_87e61f340c.jpg

the buttons are a bit yellow and dingy... I may have to replace them.

Crazy gingham 50s square dance dress:

2637607044_becaee1064.jpg

2636774727_1d893610dc.jpg

red satin ruffle makes me excited! :D

NOS sailor swing dress:

2637607056_e0d0000d47.jpg

2637607050_fc34f0d561.jpg

I'm in love with that last one... it still has all the tags, including the price which was $3.98!!

Shearer

Practically Family
ShortClara said:
Shearer, adorable! We'll have to visit soon and both wear our sailor dresses like dorks :)

It is a deal! I've been remiss in my West Coast activities, but I'm going to have some time off at the end off summer/beginning of fall. Does LA have a Fleet Week? I'm sure your hubby wouldn't mind us dressing up and visiting the sailors :D

Hehe thanks Lillemor. I've yet to get my prescription put in the glasses so I can't wear them yet :(

I got this today for a whole £10

PICT0142.jpg

That's the jacket not the wood & 360 & cube games lol

I too am enjoying the sailor dress & Short Claras dress. Pretty dresses all over the place!

I also looooveeee this
2636774707_0f8f890163.jpg

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it!!

zaika

One Too Many
i went crazy at some garage sales and at a vintage shop that is selling their stuff for 75% off until they close. here are some of my faves ('cause, seriously, i got so much stuff...)

DSC06897.jpg

DSC06899.jpg

DSC06887.jpg

DSC06878.jpg

DSC06859.jpg

i might post more later.

Mojito

One Too Many
Dollydaydream, a very nice little jacket! Zaika, the glasses are very smart, as are Shearer's bags and dresses. Count me in as someone else who loves the sailor dress! A few years ago the museum where I work had an entire exhibition on "Sailor Style" - everything from Queen Victoria's popularisation of the sailor suit for children's wear to its introduction into high fashion. I've always had a weak spot for maritime influenced fashion (and men in naval uniform!).

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
So now that I'm working, I can finally afford a whole lot of things that I've been wanting for a while. So I went a bit crazy on Ebay... I swear it's addictive!

Most recently I bought:

dsp_13151_1207896407.jpg

139524859_o.jpg
This is the Australian Home Journal. It's a ladies mag that dates back to the 30's (I think, but possibly earlier) and continued into the 70's. I'm mostly looking at collecting the 50's ones, but will try to grab the occasional 40's one. The mag has lots of interesting articles and fiction stories, but the best part is that each one contains the patterns for the outfits shown on the cover!
e4c8_1_sbl.JPG
c234_1_sbl.JPG
dac7_1_sbl.JPG

u686e-b.JPG

7d2b_1.JPG
I'm planning on getting my prescription put into them so I can have a second pair of reading glasses, in vintage style! I fear this is the first of many!

11v6v08pm29191.JPG
I realised that all the outfits I'm working on at the moment are brown, and yet I don't have a brown jacket to go with (only black, and it's FREEZING mountain winter here right now). I looked at making my own, but when you add the cost of the fabric plus the time, it worked out cheaper to buy this beauty ($30 AU!!!). I decided I'd much rather spend money on fabric for a bright pink, red, purple or blue jacket (yes, I have found fabric in all those colours - can't choose! The joys of working in a fabric store :p) than a boring brown one :p

25v6v08pm0722.JPG

I absolutely love this style and plan on recreating it, but with longer sleeves. I have caramel, chocolate and hot pink jersey waiting to be made into winter shirts. Plus there's some gorgeous charcoal and blue fabric at work that would also make good shirts.... :p

Plus I bought 2 pairs of shoes today, a gorgeous white pair and a pretty pink pair. Will try and put photos up later! Once I save up a bit more money, I'd actually like to purchase a proper pair of vintage styled shoes. There's 2 stores just up the road from my work (I pass them EVERYDAY!) that are currently stocking vintage shoes. They're currently between $90 and $140, so I'm just patiently hoping that there will be a sale soon so I can snap them up!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Last_Chael - That's some serious shopping! Did you buy all those parasols or just the one?!

:eek:fftopic: All those shoes I'd posted a few messages back, I'm selling, non of them fit :( Link is in Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran