Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Sunny

One Too Many
Remember this?

183907171_o.jpg

Well it doesn't work, for either me or Miss Sis, who I outbid to win. PM me if you're interested! It's breaking my heart just sitting here. The color is a gorgeous dark or burnt orange, not red at all - SO autumn, and SO needs to be worn.

The seller's original measurements are fairly accurate:
37-40 Bust
26-29 Waist
31-40 Hips

It's 41" long. I believe this is hand-knit, since it stretches less than the machine-knit outfits I have. 29" waist is absolute max, even over shoulders when putting it on. It is short-waisted. The skirt is fairly snug, too tight on my 38" hips. The sleeves are for slender arms, although they weren't crazy tight. My arms are slender but not scrawny and they were fine. Shoulder and sleeve length was fine on me, and I'm average to long in these areas.
It's in fantastic shape and looks like it's scarcely been worn.
Its original buttons are darling, dark brown plastic (I think) and add so much. They're all present, on the front and the cuffs.

Sunny

One Too Many
As a consolation prize, I did win this:

188843129_o.jpg
188843006_o.jpg

Black wool, late 1930s, long sleeves. Amazing tucked detail on the front. YES! The model is exactly my measurements, except I'm 5" taller!

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
I'm with Lady Day - the buttons on the black dress are more appealing and it comes with a belt. I feel your pain about the fit issues of the red dress, though.

Sunny

One Too Many
Aww, thank you! It's disappointing, but you're both right - I like the black one better already. It's a far better color on me, too. I may not have bid at all if I knew how orange it was. That's one of the few colors that I really don't wear. Now it's just the money that's bugging me. It was not cheap. :(

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I just bought this:

DSC08305.jpg

And though I won't be able to wear it now till next summer, I'm delighted because I've been searching for a pinafore dress in my size ever since the last one I bought was way too small and had to be donated to my best friend.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
45f3_1.JPG

Sadley there is no lucite zipper pull but I am hoping I can find one.

Is your purse a muff also? I have a similar one (that I got for $5.00 at a flea market from a little old lady who bought it in the 1940s and never used it) and it has a round lucite pull that doubles as a handle that you wear around your wrist like a bracelet. It's also a muff.

Sunny

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
I just realised this is another with back buttons, the single girl's worst enemy! lol
lol Loosen up a bit, Fleur! Do those stretching exercises!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I just got my first pencil skirt. I've been hesitant to try them on my figure, but I think it works.
3011161810_31879e7bbd.jpg

And, after bidding on so many coats, I finally won one.
3011162748_059ce5a19f.jpg

Vanessa

One Too Many
kamikat said:
I just got my first pencil skirt. I've been hesitant to try them on my figure, but I think it works.

Great skirt.

:eek:fftopic: And completely randomly, you always have the best posture in your photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw