Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Won this for $8.50

lacetrimsheer-1.jpg

If only I had the red suit...:( :(
redgabsuitmain.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
BeBopBaby said:
Is your purse a muff also? I have a similar one (that I got for $5.00 at a flea market from a little old lady who bought it in the 1940s and never used it) and it has a round lucite pull that doubles as a handle that you wear around your wrist like a bracelet. It's also a muff.
Mine is not a muff. I did receive it in the mail and it is much nicer than the photo shows. Not faded at all. Also the Lucite zipper pull was inside the purse along with a quarter from 1940 and a penny from 1944.

Vanessa

One Too Many
Just got a muff myself. I've been looking for one to match my foxes for awhile.

2f71_1.JPG

315c_1.JPG

It's all about the little head right smack in the middle of it though:

303c_1.JPG

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I just won this baby for less than $40! Only bidder. Not positive it's vintage (it has a nylon zipper, but they sewed in a white zipper with red thread, which leads me to believe that it's a replacement). I guess I'll really find out when I get it. Regardless, I'm in love! I just hope it fits.
9ca3_1.JPG

Seriously gals, now is the time. There's not much up but the prices seem to be pretty good. There is a Jantzen swimsuit and coverup skirt that recently went for a mere $28.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Buttons!!

IMG_0277.jpg
IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

These remind me of Shrink-e-dinks.

IMG_0374.jpg
IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg
IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

I love this one. Only in the Golden Era could you advertise buttons with a pic of a guy smoking a cigarette. lol

LD

Lillemor

One Too Many
KittyT said:
I just won this baby for less than $40! Only bidder. Not positive it's vintage (it has a nylon zipper, but they sewed in a white zipper with red thread, which leads me to believe that it's a replacement). I guess I'll really find out when I get it. Regardless, I'm in love! I just hope it fits.
9ca3_1.JPG

Seriously gals, now is the time. There's not much up but the prices seem to be pretty good. There is a Jantzen swimsuit and coverup skirt that recently went for a mere $28.

Regardless, it's a real beauty and at that price I wouldn't be bothered if it turns out it isn't vintage. I don't know if there'd be other things to indicate whether it's of a more recent date or older? I don't know the first thing about fabrics or sewing so I can't help.

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
TRIXIE2blackCOTTON.jpg

Just bought this dress on Trashy Diva's site. I bought the green one and the blue ones a few weeks ago and adore them. And they're on sale for cheap!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Marzipan said:
Just bought this dress on Trashy Diva's site. I bought the green one and the blue ones a few weeks ago and adore them. And they're on sale for cheap!

Fabulous dress! I was going to buy the same one from a different site in red - I love the bodice on the dress!

I just bought this beautiful red swing coat from Shrimpton Couture - it was there for a few weeks (much to my surprise) but when I saw it was still there the other day I just had to buy it (it was meant to be!) ;)

SwingCoat.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I went to JoAnn's yesterday (armed with coupons!) to find replacement buttons for my wool winter coat. (One of the metal shanks on the back of the original self-covered buttons met it's end last winter and snapped off, so all need to be replaced.) Somehow these all jumped into my basket, and came home with me:

3544.jpg

3701.jpg

3949.jpg

4987.jpg

5525.jpg

9565.jpg

The one with the heart shaped bib is destined to be made with some Valentine fabric my friend Sweetpea gave me to make into an apron for her. There's not enough for the entire apron, so I'm thinking red contrasting pockets and ties.

The fantastic part of the adventure was that with all of the sales (patterns were $1 each), and coupons, I saved nearly $100! I did a happy dance. And for once the Mister didn't complain about me buying patterns. :D

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Staceface = I'm horribly jealous you could even *consider* wearing that teeny tiny red suit. Wow!

Deadpandiva = I'm glad you didn't use that dress as a costume. It looks divine on you!

KittyT = If that wonderful outfit (va-va-voom!) doesn't fit you, can I be first in line to try it on? I'm a smidgen smaller than you. :D

LadyDay = Me heart the doggie button. What do you do with the carded buttons?

Babydoll = What time is dinner? ;)

Vintage Betty

Here's a couple items I picked up earlier this year from the charity shop I volunteer at. Both were deeply discounted.

I think this cookie jar without a lid cost me $4. The flat needle packs to the left were my mother's before I stole them. :whistling

jar_pinkcandy.JPG

And I actually passed by this Japanese tea or cookie jar the first couple times. But after it was discounted and my volunteer discount was added, I couldn't stand the thought of losing it. :eusa_doh: I think I paid less than $12. ;) I use it to hold my hem and seam tape for the day in the future when I learn the mysteries of sewing.

jar_pinkcookie1a.JPG

jar_pinkcookie1b.JPG

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks Ladies :)

Yeah, the Scottie buttons are cute, there were 3 of them in the lot. They are tiny, about 5/8" tall. The back is a metal shank, hooked into the plastic, so Id say they are very early 40s

As for what I do with my buttons, I use them! Most of the vintage stuff I collect to use, not just to have. I take pics of the ones on cards, and keep the cards after, but hopefully the buttons will end up on something Im a gonna wear :D

LD

Miss 1929

kamikat said:
I just got my first pencil skirt. I've been hesitant to try them on my figure, but I think it works.
3011161810_31879e7bbd.jpg

And, after bidding on so many coats, I finally won one.
3011162748_059ce5a19f.jpg
I think the straight skirt looks great on you! So slimming and tall-making!
And it is lovely to watch the changing seasons in your photo background too - the Bay Area is lovely, but we don't get real seasons here.

Miss 1929

Vanessa said:
Just got a muff myself. I've been looking for one to match my foxes for awhile.

2f71_1.JPG

315c_1.JPG

It's all about the little head right smack in the middle of it though:

303c_1.JPG
He is so adorable, with his little face. I crave silver fox. It's great with the graying hair...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw