Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Sunny

One Too Many
Lauren said:
And this little hat yesterday that will perfectly match a navy blue 40s dress I have with "V" for victory rhinestones attached at the collar. Maybe if it's warm enough I can wear them in remembrance of Pearl Harbor next month. (Thanks to Sunny for sending the hat to me!)
87b9_12.JPG

Yay! You got it! I hoped you would - it's just darling. I'd be wearing something suitable myself on December 7, except that that's the day of my church's Christmas cantata. Red shirt, black skirt for me, all day! Maybe I'll wear stockings with black seams to liven things up. :eusa_clap

epr25 said:
I just scored this beauty yesterday at Salvation Army for $6.99. I could not believe it still had the original box with it. I will also have this in the help me date this item thread.
boxandpurse.jpg
That is amazing! I hope you can get a good date for it.

Sunny

One Too Many
Black felt and mink early 30s hat with NRA label. *hat tip* to Lauren! It arrived yesterday and it's amazing!

NRAblackfeltwithmink01.jpg
NRAblackfeltwithmink02.jpg

Green felt hat with feathers. This one I haven't quite yet figured out how to wear, or how to get it to stay on. :D

7cfb_3.jpg
b8c5_3.jpg

"Cobalt blue" late 1940s suit. I'm all about late 30s and very early 40s, but this should be a deal at $27. One tiny mend, one missing button, a gorgeous color (slightly darker than the pics), and should be a perfect fit. It even has an A-line skirt and not a pencil skirt. :eusa_clap

saphsuit.jpg
saphsuit7.jpg

Anchor-trim sweater vest. I'm really excited about this one. I love the flattering fit of sweater vests. This one is navy and white; a closeup shows it's white, not cream. It, too, was a great deal.

83e6_1.jpg
8653_1.jpg

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Epr...WOW what a deal!!!!
Sunny I really love that blue suit you found and what a great price.

Here is a recent purchase that I found at Goodwill. A 50's Rose Marie Reid play/swim suit. But it's a size 18 and to big on me :( Now I'm wondering if I should have it altered to fit or put it in the eventual sale box??? It's in great condition and has a cute little petal bust! I am just worried that if I have it altered it might get ruined? Is it worth it???[huh]

3048231221_ddb3b2713c.jpg

I also found this awesome lucite purse at goodwill too! The makers tag is missing but there is some glue residue where it should have been....anybody want to take some guesses as to the maker??? I'm thinking perhaps Charles S. Kahn???

3048256935_9d6acecf47.jpg

texasgirl

One Too Many
Sunny said:
Black felt and mink early 30s hat with NRA label. *hat tip* to Lauren! It arrived yesterday and it's amazing!

NRAblackfeltwithmink02.jpg

Ah, so you're the one that sniped me! Congrats! It sure is pretty. Now you have to come to Iowa and wear it for the Dillinger festival-lol.

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
MaryDeluxe said:
I also found this awesome lucite purse at goodwill too! The makers tag is missing but there is some glue residue where it should have been....anybody want to take some guesses as to the maker??? I'm thinking perhaps Charles S. Kahn???

I love your purse!! I've been hunting for a nice lucite purse too. Great find :)

Sunny

One Too Many
Oh, dear! We keep bumping into each other on these things! :eusa_doh:

texasgirl said:
Ah, so you're the one that sniped me! Congrats! It sure is pretty. Now you have to come to Iowa and wear it for the Dillinger festival-lol.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MaryDeluxe said:
Epr...WOW what a deal!!!!
Sunny I really love that blue suit you found and what a great price.

Here is a recent purchase that I found at Goodwill. A 50's Rose Marie Reid play/swim suit. But it's a size 18 and to big on me :( Now I'm wondering if I should have it altered to fit or put it in the eventual sale box??? It's in great condition and has a cute little petal bust! I am just worried that if I have it altered it might get ruined? Is it worth it???[huh]

3048231221_ddb3b2713c.jpg

:eek:
My jaw is DROPPING! I can't believe you found those both at the Goodwill!! What amazing finds! I have never had a vintage bathing suit tailored, it's hard to say. Those often go for a lot in the summer on ebay.

The purse does look like a Charles Kahn - does it have the little three-ball closure? Edit: oh, I see it does have that closure. My Kahn has that closure so I'm willing to be yours is by him!

How much was each item?

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Sunny said:
Anchor-trim sweater vest. I'm really excited about this one. I love the flattering fit of sweater vests. This one is navy and white; a closeup shows it's white, not cream. It, too, was a great deal.

83e6_1.jpg
8653_1.jpg

I was watching this, desperately hoping I'd come into some money before the bidding ended... I didn't! It's so gorgeous though :D

TheRedHead

New in Town

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Sunny said:

Green felt hat with feathers. This one I haven't quite yet figured out how to wear, or how to get it to stay on. :D

7cfb_3.jpg

"Cobalt blue" late 1940s suit. I'm all about late 30s and very early 40s, but this should be a deal at $27. One tiny mend, one missing button, a gorgeous color (slightly darker than the pics), and should be a perfect fit. It even has an A-line skirt and not a pencil skirt. :eusa_clap

saphsuit.jpg

I am so envious! You found some amazing items. I am having the same problems with some of my hats, as far as keeping them on my head goes. I guess I'll have to invest in some pretty hatpins! I'm also on a suit kick right now, so you can imagine what I think of your navy blue one! :D :eusa_clap

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
The pink and the blue suits are great!

I recently bought this 3pc sweater set -

3544_1.JPG

A really cool group of vintage barrettes -

hair1.jpg
hair2.jpg

hair3.jpg

and I found this super pretty light aqua coat on etsy-

blue-coat.jpg

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Vanessa said:
dsp_e2b_1217274628.jpg

It's pink - therefore I needed it.

I think this is the same one I was watching on eBay. Was it the auction for just the blazer with the skirt included, since the skirt was in poor condition? I asked the seller if the skirt could be repaired or if the integrity of the fabric was questionable, but she never gave me a clear answer. So is the skirt actually wearable/fixable?

Vanessa

One Too Many
StaceFace said:
I think this is the same one I was watching on eBay. Was it the auction for just the blazer with the skirt included, since the skirt was in poor condition? I asked the seller if the skirt could be repaired or if the integrity of the fabric was questionable, but she never gave me a clear answer. So is the skirt actually wearable/fixable?

The skirt looks to be in dreadful condition. I'm thinking I will just turn it into a hat, matching purse & maybe some extra for detailing on a new skirt to match the blazer.

Aurora

One of the Regulars
DeadPanDiva - What's inside the case? It's got a lovely front, reminds me of walks in the forest on crisp Winter mornings when I lived in the way out in the country - Lovely!

Everyone's doing so well with their purchases - I wish I have some money!

Not so much a purchase, but given to me by my Mum (who made it for me): A crochet cherry brooch from a 1942 pattern - You can see the stuffing, but it's got that lovely Home-Front Make Do And Mend look ;)

SS851951.jpg

Also, a 1940's pattern sweater:

SS851899.jpg

A 1940's pattern beret (are you seeing the common theme here?!):

jensberet.jpg

1940's pattern Fair-Isle mittens, which are worn inside and outside the house (I'm freezing without heating!!):

SS851898.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats