Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
It finally arrived! I won a WW2 circa sweetheart pin...but not just ANY sweetheart pin...a Canadian Engineer one! I got it because i happen to date a canadian engineer! It's so cool, i'm wearing it now! He's pinned me! lol

zombi

A-List Customer
Emer said:
I bought 3 beautiful brooches to go with my new coat. I want to buy one more, but I could afford these 3 right now and I wanted to jump on it! I love them all so much! I knew I wanted pearls and diamonds so that I could wear them with either pair of my signature earrings.

I love this one as it looks a bit like a snowflake. It's about 1.25-inches in diameter.

125inches.jpg

This one is is about 1.5-inches at the longest point. I'll actually wear it with the little "leaf" up.

15inches.jpg

This one is the smallest at just 1-inch, but it's my favorite! I don't know why, but it's special.

12x1.jpg

I spent under $35 for all of them with shipping included! :D They are my very first vintage brooches! I have only 1 other brooch, but it's a pin I took off a dress. So technically these are my first brooches ever!
gorgeous brooches! how exciting :eusa_clap

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
my darling Auntie, you simply MUST post this in the "What are you wearing today?" thread...

A great blouse darling! Do you have a long 30s style skirt to wear this tucked in with??

btw, as (not) seen in your hairdo pics series and on your avatar pic, you do otherwise usually makeup pencil in your brows to be a 30s style, right??

analiebe said:
my gorgeous recently arrived 30's hand-embroidered silk blouse... felt like such a lady wearing this today!

wearing25-10909.jpg

analiebe

A-List Customer
chanteuseCarey said:
A great blouse darling! Do you have a long 30s style skirt to wear this tucked in with??

btw, as (not) seen in your hairdo pics series and on your avatar pic, you do otherwise usually makeup pencil in your brows to be a 30s style, right??

i do have a few 30's style skirts (both i made) to wear with this & other 30's blouses i have but for work sometimes trousers are more practical... but i adore this tucked in as well...

and yes i do usually pencil in my brows... in the hair-do pics i'm not wearing any makeup (obviously) & in the avatar pic the shot was taken before i'd got to them :eusa_doh:

& inky - thank you lovely x

dgenevieve

Familiar Face
I just won this gorgeous pair of 1940s art deco-feeling eyeglasses off dr.hugo on eBay! Aren't they gorgeous?!!

40sglasses02.jpg

$24.80 with shipping (+ the cost of adding my own prescription lenses). :)

I am so tickled to finally own a pair of vintage eyeglasses! I've been waffling back and forth about what style, frame thickness, level of ornament, etc. for quite some time now. I love that these are slightly masculine-feeling, but with a nice amount of detail to them. The style matches some vintage jewelry that I own.

Of course, I won't really know whether they'll work until I try them on, but the size matches up to my current eyeglasses (though these are a bit taller). I'll be sure to take photos as soon as they arrive! I can't wait!!!!

(also posted in the Vintage Eyeglasses thread!)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture5-1.png

Considering I lost out on this gem about 6 months ago to the tune of $250, I dont mind that this one has a 'damaged' cover, considering I got it for $30 :D

Yay! Ill post pictured in the 40s wardrobe thread soon.

LD

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
Picture5-1.png

Considering I lost out on this gem about 6 months ago to the tune of $250, I dont mind that this one has a 'damaged' cover, considering I got it for $30 :D

Yay! Ill post pictured in the 40s wardrobe thread soon.

LD

what a bargain, and what a swell book!
In all my years of collecting, I have not gotten a S&R yet. Jealous, very very jealous...

Delia's Gone

New in Town

detaillabel.jpg

awesome blue shift dress & jacket from the 60s.
ebay find. $18

this is a beautiful outfit. the fabric is an iridescent peacock blue silk. there is beading at the neck of the dress. the jacket fits really well, the dress is going to take one hell of a girdle or me losing about 20 pounds before it will fit over my hips, but i couldn't pass it up.

i think the "crew neck" is an odd choice for the neckline on the dress and you can see in the detail there is even a seam line below that, so i'm not sure if it was added as an afterthought or what. some of the beads are faded and the hemline needs a little repair on the inside but otherwise this is in pristine condition.

camel-colored wool suit. thrift store $6.99

i think this is from the 70s (the only reason i say that is there is a care instructions label, and those weren't required til the 70s, right?) and the tag says size 14. there is also a UGW tag.

the jacket fits pretty well. there is a matching mid-calf length skirt that i doubt my hips will ever fit into but i thought for that price and great condition i couldn't pass it up.

i'm amused the designer is from virginia beach (10 mins from me). i googled her but couldn't find out anything about her other than a contribution she made to a political campaign.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I needed some brooches, had gotten rid of most of mine because I didn't really like or wear them. Then I wanted some for my fall dresses! So I won these three today:
!BbF!lcQ!2k~$(KGrHqEH-DkEquCE,Pc1BKuSp7TnWQ~~_12.JPG

!BbE6rZg!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKj4Eq1gbik9SBKuS,!uOfg~~_3.JPG

B0321.JPG

GlamourDoll

Familiar Face
It's been getting colder here and I realized that I only have one vintage sweater. I have lots of coats, etc. but no sweaters. And that I don't have many evening dresses. :(

So, this is this weeks purchases.
40stanminksweater2.jpg

40sbluerhinestonesequinsweater2.jpg

40speachdress.jpg

I'm so excited. I can't wait to get them. :D

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I purchased a drop-leaf table, & while waiting for my pal with the truck to arrive at the antiques mall, had an hour kill browsing around. Though I resisted many things, I did come away with this:
3967886154_6356a105dd.jpg

It's empty, but the design is just so appealing.

GlamourDoll, have you been shopping at Dandelion? Your fur-collared cardi looks familiar.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss 1929 said:
what a bargain, and what a swell book!
In all my years of collecting, I have not gotten a S&R yet. Jealous, very very jealous...

This is my second Sears catalog. I have two consecutive ones now :) I also have a '35 Fall/Winter Wards Mmmm......

LD

analiebe

A-List Customer
GlamourDoll said:
It's been getting colder here and I realized that I only have one vintage sweater. I have lots of coats, etc. but no sweaters.

I'm so excited. I can't wait to get them. :D

these are wonderful glamourdoll! i too adore & don't have enough vintage sweaters.... but its coming into summer here in australia so i have resist and focus on swimsuits instead.... i've got a couple on the way.... YAY!

and, blondie... thank you lovely lady

cecil

A-List Customer
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I needed some brooches, had gotten rid of most of mine because I didn't really like or wear them. Then I wanted some for my fall dresses! So I won these three today:

B0321.JPG

I love this one, so cute!

I was very naughty today. ca. late '30s apparently. I'd probably say pre-1939 though with all that bloody fabric! It's a little big in the waist but that's what belts are for.

3970563906_77113ce558_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran