Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Sewing Room!

Espiadimonis

New in Town
This is my -I mean, my mother's- sewing room.

2d1v679.jpg

Lots of fabric in that green bag, lots of fabric in that white bag, and absolutely no projects. I need something simple to learn how to handle that MONSTER. That sewing machine's the meanest, evilest thing on Earth.

Btw, I just noticed the paint on the walls is falling down...

Espiadimonis

New in Town
Very nice machine and good to know I'm not the only treadle user!

Thanks! When I was around seven or eight I thought all sewing machines were like this, and I even got so far to ask my mother why "did they still make them so old-fashioned and pretty, they are just sewing machines!" lol

Elaina

One Too Many
lol my mom had an electric until I was 5 (still has that machine too, which looks to be an electric version of the one you have) when she got a treadle. I fell in love with it then, and really didn't sew as much until I got my treadle. There is something with these machines that are so soothing.

As to pretty...I always was more disappointed with the new ones being plain and rather ugly.

This is mine. It is not meant to be pretty, and while the pictures are old, it looks the same everyday.
readleclose.jpg
fabric.jpg
mikeclose.jpg

That is a doll, and it's not mine. I tend to use it to take pictures of aprons. I also have put the patterns in actual pattern boxes (and stacked them elsewhere, and have a lingerie chest as well in here. All these were taken before I bothered to clean up anything after sewing.

Lorena B

Practically Family
cassylynn said:
Here is my sewing room, it is currently really tidy due to the fact that both singer sewing machines are on the fritz so I'm taking them to get looked at. Good thing my husbands uncle owns a sewing machine repair shop ;) My current project is folded up and in the basket right now, cant' wait to get it finished!

100_0398.jpg

My favorite sewing machine is in the cabinet and the touchtronic memory machine is sitting on top..

100_0399.jpg

100_0400.jpg

I wanted to show my sewing stool in detail. I inherited it from my grandmother. I absolutely love it, it is one of my prized possessions!

100_0401.jpg

100_0402.jpg
Wow, i love the fact that every item seems to have the right place to be.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My mother's sewing room

I love looking at everyone's sewing room(s); they seem to fit your personal lifestyle. Since I don't have a sewing room, I thought you might like to see my mother's room.

The pictures go around the room from the door entrance. The room used to be a guest room, and now houses her extensive fabric quilting pieces. The cabinetry they got for free from a local person's house remodel and my father painted the cabinets white. The white cutting table was custom built, and after these photos were taken the room was actually upgraded. All photos were taken with a camera phone, so sorry for the quality.

sewing_room1.jpg

sewing_room2.jpg

sewing_room3.jpg

sewing_room4.jpg

sewing_room5.jpg

sewing_room6.jpg

sewing_room7.jpg

sewing_room8.jpg

sewing_room9.jpg

sewing_room10.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Before & After

IMG_1402.jpg
IMG_1546.jpg

I spent the afternoon completely refolding and reorganizing my fabric closet. One small step for mankind, one giant leap for me :D

We will see how long this lasts.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari