Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

My Dad use to say.

You cannot access the monetary value to a pleasurable experience. For us here at the FL purchasing and wearing great clothing is a pleasureable experience therefore the monetary cost should not be an issue. LOL
Best regards
CCJ

I purchased a pair of size 10 BF Goodrich shoes off etsy today. Can't wait till they arrive.

$74.00 seems reasonable for a BF Goodrich pair of spectators. I will post them when I can.

Best regards

CCJ

I purchased a pair of size 10 BF Goodrich shoes off etsy today. Can't wait till they arrive.

$74.00 seems reasonable for a BF Goodrich pair of spectators. I will post them when I can.

Best regards

CCJ

The Shooman

Practically Family
Shoo circle. From 12 o'clock:

* John D handmade bespoke (black adelaide)
* J&M handmade (dark medium brown wingtip)
* Vass handmade (360 degree goiser burgundy shell cordovan U cap)
* Vass handmade (tan medallion oxford)
* Vass handmade (medium brown wingtip)
* Vass handmade (360 degree goiser burgundy shell cordovan wingtip)
* Vass handmade (dark brown oxford medallion adelaide with HAF sole)
* Vass handmade (black shell cordovan oxford)
* Mr X bespoke (tan adelaide wingtip)
* Vass handmade (dark brown shell cordovan alt wien...best looking casual shoo ever made)
* George Materna handmade bespoke (wood pegged and hand welted black alt wien oxford...the grand daddy of shoos)
* Gaziano & Girling factory made shoo (redish colour adelaide)
* Stefano Bemer handmade (light bandaid tan wingtip)

Shoocircle1.jpg

Same pic, just fewer shoos.
Shoocircle2.jpg

l'll post some other shoo circles another day.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Shoo circle. From 12 o'clock:

* John D handmade bespoke (black adelaide)
* J&M handmade (dark medium brown wingtip)
* Vass handmade (360 degree goiser burgundy shell cordovan U cap)
* Vass handmade (tan medallion oxford)
* Vass handmade (medium brown wingtip)
* Vass handmade (360 degree goiser burgundy shell cordovan wingtip)
* Vass handmade (dark brown oxford medallion adelaide with HAF sole)
* Vass handmade (black shell cordovan oxford)
* Mr X bespoke (tan adelaide wingtip)
* Vass handmade (dark brown shell cordovan alt wien...best looking casual shoo ever made)
* George Materna handmade bespoke (wood pegged and hand welted black alt wien oxford...the grand daddy of shoos)
* Gaziano & Girling factory made shoo (redish colour adelaide)
* Stefano Bemer handmade (light bandaid tan wingtip)

Shoocircle1.jpg

Same pic, just fewer shoos.
Shoocircle2.jpg

l'll post some other shoo circles another day.

Whatta circle, Shooey! This is the "Modern Collection" I suppose. I shall call you Sr. Vass! Please give a quick opinion of each.

The Shooman

Practically Family
As a married man, I am NOT allowed to have this (at least not at home).

Women are very tricky things to manage when it comes to shoes, they never understand why men like them, because to them they all look the same. l don't buy many these days because l get sick of being told that l need to seek professional help. :lol: The situation is always delicate to handle.

lmagine how grand men's collections could become if they were left to their own devices without a women interfering with their passtime.

lmagine having an entire house devoted to shoos...thousands of them...all the good ones. You could have a one man party two or three nights a week...just pull out the whisky and popcorn, crank up the music, and your set to rock and roll all night long.

Me and Mr X used to have shoo parties. l would fill the car up with many suitcases full of shoos, go to Mr X's and talk to him about shoos all night long. 8 hours would fly buy and Mr X never wanted me to leave...he wanted me to stay all night, and so did l.

l have spoken to a local bloke about trying to hold a shoo party. Only people with stitched men's dress shoos need apply. lf you turn up in rubber soles you will be asked to leave.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
:eusa_clap
Women are very tricky things to manage when it comes to shoes, they never understand why men like them, because to them they all look the same. l don't buy many these days because l get sick of being told that l need to seek professional help. :lol: The situation is always delicate to handle.

lmagine how grand men's collections could become if they were left to their own devices without a women interfering with their passtime.

lmagine having an entire house devoted to shoos...thousands of them...all the good ones. You could have a one man party two or three nights a week...just pull out the whisky and popcorn, crank up the music, and your set to rock and roll all night long.

Me and Mr X used to have shoo parties. l would fill the car up with many suitcases full of shoos, go to Mr X's and talk to him about shoos all night long. 8 hours would fly buy and Mr X never wanted me to leave...he wanted me to stay all night, and so did l.

l have spoken to a local bloke about trying to hold a shoo party. Only people with stitched men's dress shoos need apply. lf you turn up in rubber soles you will be asked to leave.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The Shooman

Practically Family
Whatta circle, Shooey! This is the "Modern Collection" I suppose. I shall call you Sr. Vass! Please give a quick opinion of each.

Yep, it's certainly a circle l like very much. Shoo circles are always great mate...your circles are great, my circles are great, Cookie Monster's circles are great, everyone's are great.

* John D handmade bespoke (black adelaide) = snug fit and a good light experience to wear.

* J&M handmade (dark medium brown wingtip) = good fit, but they do feel light on my feet. lt's quite a unique feel. The heel doesn't appear well attached like with many shoes.

* Vass handmade (360 degree goiser burgundy shell cordovan U cap) = a good fitting shoe that is awesome to wear. lt's strong, solid and tough, but it is still very flexible. Much more solid than the old gunboats, but it isn't stiff. No break-in time ever with Vass. Vass are a great experience to wear.

* Vass handmade (tan medallion oxford) = Not like the BIG F-A-T lasts, but they are still really solid and strong feeling.

* Vass handmade (medium brown wingtip) = BIG solid shoe, but not as tough as the shell models. lt is like wearing a solid well fitting sneaker. lt's a great experience to wear...flexible yet tough as old birds.

* Vass handmade (360 degree goiser burgundy shell cordovan wingtip) = (same as with other FAT Vass last in shell above). lt's a real little beauty on the feet.

* Vass handmade (dark brown oxford medallion adelaide with HAF sole) = A real tough solid shoe, but moderately flexible. l feel like l am wearing tanks when l put them on...l feel indestructable. lt's a good experience to have.

* Vass handmade (black shell cordovan oxford) = a real tough old bird. Solid, moderately flexible and l feel indestructable. A great experience to wear.

* Mr X bespoke (tan adelaide wingtip) = pure heaven and feels like no shoe l have ever worn. lt has special built in supports, is soft and flexible and l never want to take them off.

* Vass handmade (dark brown shell cordovan alt wien...best looking casual shoo ever made) = Manly and tough as old boots. Slightly wide in heel which is a pity....causes me to wear this the least of all my Vass. Always a very thick sock with this one.

* George Materna handmade bespoke (wood pegged and hand welted black alt wien oxford...the grand daddy of shoos) = such a unique experience. The wood pegged handwelted shoo is so solid, but a different solidness to the other shoes. lt's a real unique feel. Really loud to walk in and makes me feel very authoritative. lt's a shoe for aristocrats, so when l wanna be a king for a day l wear these. *wink*

* Gaziano & Girling factory made shoo (redish colour adelaide) = a nice snug fit and makes me walk fast and tall. lt's a lovely shoe, but it has NONE of the awesomeness that all my other ones have in the circle. lt doesn't feel as tough and solid as the handmades.

* Stefano Bemer handmade (light bandaid tan wingtip) = WOW what a shoo! So soft and light as air, but not a solid feeling like with the Vass and Materna, but not gutless either. This shoo is a pure delight to wear.

-------------------------------

When you wear the handmades you don't wanna wear anything else. Machine done constructions are so inferior in both quality and feel. l want guts and strength on my feet, not floppy wet boxes. l still love my AE, Trickers, Church's etc, but my really great shoe experiences comes from the handmades. The handmades are worth two to three times the price of the factory shoes like Church's anyday of the week.

The bespoke is definitely worth the extra IMO. Life is too short not to experience it.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Really some very smart and great looking shoes, without a doubt.

As a married man, I must be really more lucky then most. My Wife will spend hours at a crack on eBay or Etsy or even Vintage shops around where we live to find me a fedora or a nice pair of clean vintage shoes, as she knows I enjoy having them. I thought I had a lot of shoes until seeing the racks upon racks of shoes that you have , Shooman. I think my count was at one time up to 225 pairs of dress shoes, but over the past three years, that has gone down to about 100 or about that number. I can also agree with the custom shoes are better than off the shelf shoes. You "feel" the difference not only in handling a custom made shoe, but also the moment you put them on and your foot tells you how nice it is. Sadly, shoes are not as often offered around this world we live in being made as they were once being done. Currently I have been waiting for a pair of custom boots to be finished and shipped. An early Christmas present to myself.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Really some very smart and great looking shoes, without a doubt.

As a married man, I must be really more lucky then most. My Wife will spend hours at a crack on eBay or Etsy or even Vintage shops around where we live to find me a fedora or a nice pair of clean vintage shoes, as she knows I enjoy having them. I thought I had a lot of shoes until seeing the racks upon racks of shoes that you have , Shooman. I think my count was at one time up to 225 pairs of dress shoes, but over the past three years, that has gone down to about 100 or about that number. I can also agree with the custom shoes are better than off the shelf shoes. You "feel" the difference not only in handling a custom made shoe, but also the moment you put them on and your foot tells you how nice it is. Sadly, shoes are not as often offered around this world we live in being made as they were once being done. Currently I have been waiting for a pair of custom boots to be finished and shipped. An early Christmas present to myself.

Already liked you, my man. BUT, after reading this, we are BROTHERS!! When a man has to "cut down" to 100 pairs... AWESOME! Keep going AND PLEASE put up a group pic in your shoe closet!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
As a married man, I must be really more lucky then most. My Wife will spend hours at a crack on eBay or Etsy or even Vintage shops around where we live to find me a fedora or a nice pair of clean vintage shoes, as she knows I enjoy having them.

You just described the perfect (FL) wife. A pearl beyond price! Sadly for most of us your reality will be our dream.

With that though in mind I will now go back to downsizing my collection to a (manageable?) 50 or so pairs.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thank you. To make you aware, I have two homes here in Michigan, and stay more than not at the one down state and just had to relocate to a larger home recently. Being at the down state location is a must due to medical concerns on my part. However, as normal, I am still sifting through boxes and getting things organized. I should be able to take some pictures of my walk in closet, as soon as it is "walkable"...lol!

My Wife is a fashion hound as I am. She finds extremely decent deals on the shoes she loves to wear, and dresses herself with great care. With that in mind, her knowing how much I appreciate nice items to wear, be it shoes, hats, coats, shirts, ties, cuff links, socks, belts, braces, she is almost daily showing me a few things on the internet that she thinks I would like to have, and then she goes from there if I express a positive interest. At times she just buys and tells me later. Now of course, this is NOT a one way street. I give her some really nice things she enjoys, so we sort of compliment each other in the aspects of caring enough for each other and yeah, we have a lot of love and fun as well. WEEE!

The FL is really a great website and of course the majority of everyone here is what I would label as "top shelf"!

I am currently hunting for vintage shoes and have peeked at some that are connected to members here website stores. Can't help but want to own them all! Right now the new Foot Joy spades that are spectator shoes are getting the "treatment", leather conditioner, then the white suede is going to be spruced up, with the help of some items from my local cobbler. Then I am having him recreate the heel plate as the very edge of the heel is slightly rounded and I cannot have it stay like that at all!

I guess aside from writing a book here, I am very fussy about my shoes, clothing, etc., I never machine wash any shirts, always hand wash, the same for socks, and I always do the ironing, etc.

My local cobbler is teaching me a great deal about the way a shoe is "built" and repaired. I have a very vintage pair of loafers that are actually tuxedo pump type shoes that are in need of some repair on the sides, they lacked being conditioned. SO...I have designed a repair pattern for some white deer skin to be used instead of suede to remedy the area that is going to be covered due to some cracking that would eventually turn into a tear. When I am done I will have taken pictures step by step as to how anyone can come up with a not too shabby "fix" for the outside of a shoe that has issues.

I also wanted to thank everyone that does contribute their knowledge on the shoe threads, I have learned a ton from all of you. Thank you and enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner