Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I am finding shoes for some reason all over, I normally am looking for hats or such, but just find old shoes that are in some decent or NOS shape. There is one vintage store here in town that has really old button & lace shoes but the leather is so dry and cracked the shoes would fall apart if worn. Myself, I wear what I buy and want to find something that can be cleaned, conditioned, polished and then worn.

Forget the hats this isn't the Fedora Lounge ...it's a vintage shoe forum.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
1950's John McHale NOS...

IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
McHale made the best shoes.
I can agree that almost every pair of McHales I have seen are super well made. If you even take note of the soles on those wingtips, real nice and thick and everything with such an amount of detail. The color is also amazing on them.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I can agree that almost every pair of McHales I have seen are super well made. If you even take note of the soles on those wingtips, real nice and thick and everything with such an amount of detail. The color is also amazing on them.

Many thanks. I agree about the color. For some reason, this "Vintage Tan" color isn't seen on very many modern shoes.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Nowadays you can't get a decent ensemble for that. Shoes, tie, suit, shirt, watch etc. Just the watch alone....:p

I always recall in the movie, "The Game", actor Michael Douglas loses one shoe while being chased while he is with a Gal, he says, "shoot, there goes $1,200.00" and the Gal says, "those shoes cost that much"? He says back, "that one did".....

Clothing and shoes, accessories, for the most part, you most certainly pay for what you get. I am sure some of us that have tons of shoes, suits, etc., would be upset with ourselves if we sat down and went over what has been spent even over the past few years on it all, then the "fedora's".....wow!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Some summer shoes being ready for storage due to winter coming along.

These are some really nice "loafers" I have owned for about 14 years, there are perforated Master Collection E.T. Wright, which is no longer around, these shoes are made in Spain, have a really nice soft lined leather footbed and some comfort cushion on the arch and down near the ball of the foot. You will notice before I place shoes in the shoe bags, that have those "tassels" on them, I wrap the very ends with some scotch tape. I do that to keep the ends "trained" to stay together and not get all "wonky" curled up which in my opinion makes a shoe look older and messy. I have a few pairs of shoe laces that have those pesky tassles on them and I tape them up as well on the tips to keep them bunched together looking new.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner