Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
As I think I had made mention, I have just recently moved, due to needing a larger home....some of the areas in the closets here are a mess and things are just stacked up in boxes, I have one large old cedar chest that is full of my best vintage that is buried under things, when I can I will break open some of my boxes and let you take a peek, I have a few dozen red wings never worn and most of them are older boots and shoes.....I have shoes in my walk in closet on both sides of shelves, and in another walk in closet in the next room.....shoes and boots and hats and leathers....everything is a mess right now.....but as you asked for me to take a picture, here are a few above to show you some of my collection...I even have shoes and boots stuffed under the bed presently....hahah lol!

You note I have clothing racks with the size markers on them, purchased from goodwill and they are very sturdy racks to hang items on. I have a few racks I may place in the classifieds as they are all stainless steel racks and worth having if you need to mass hang things. In my Basement here, I also have boots and shoes in moving boxes I have not even yet gotten to....a quick count takes me to a total of 141 pairs of shoes and boots and 6 pairs of slippers....(gotta have them for milling around the house will half undressed)....lol!

If you note in part there is a trap door on the ceiling that goes into the attice here, my Wife wants me to move most of this "stuff" up there to make room for the "stuff" in the basement, so we can finish off the basement. I am all for that as I can make more shelves down there for......well...hats and shoes and such.....I already have hanging hooks for socks, suits and ties that I keep on those hooks they come with when new....helps find what you are looking for or need....speaking of socks....I have to find a box with some never worn vintage dress socks......it is some place around here....?

Last edited:

cookie

I'll Lock Up
In my Basement here, I also have boots and shoes in moving boxes I have not even yet gotten to....a quick count takes me to a total of 141 pairs of shoes and boots and 6 pairs of slippers....(gotta have them for milling around the house will half undressed)....lol!

If you note in part there is a trap door on the ceiling that goes into the attice here, my Wife wants me to move most of this "stuff" up there to make room for the "stuff" in the basement, so we can finish off the basement. I am all for that as I can make more shelves down there for......well...hats and shoes and such.....I already have hanging hooks for socks, suits and ties that I keep on those hooks they come with when new....helps find what you are looking for or need....speaking of socks....I have to find a box with some never worn vintage dress socks......it is some place around here....?

Wonderful to see and hear from a bloke with his priorities right.....

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
As I think I had made mention, I have just recently moved, due to needing a larger home....some of the areas in the closets here are a mess and things are just stacked up in boxes, I have one large old cedar chest that is full of my best vintage that is buried under things, when I can I will break open some of my boxes and let you take a peek, I have a few dozen red wings never worn and most of them are older boots and shoes.....I have shoes in my walk in closet on both sides of shelves, and in another walk in closet in the next room.....shoes and boots and hats and leathers....everything is a mess right now.....but as you asked for me to take a picture, here are a few above to show you some of my collection...I even have shoes and boots stuffed under the bed presently....hahah lol!

You note I have clothing racks with the size markers on them, purchased from goodwill and they are very sturdy racks to hang items on. I have a few racks I may place in the classifieds as they are all stainless steel racks and worth having if you need to mass hang things. In my Basement here, I also have boots and shoes in moving boxes I have not even yet gotten to....a quick count takes me to a total of 141 pairs of shoes and boots and 6 pairs of slippers....(gotta have them for milling around the house will half undressed)....lol!

You DA MAN!!! Gotta get you a closet system for the holidays.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I know I am still going nutzoid now with everything, but...I did break open a box of boots to get ready for the snow we are going to be having here soon.....in some ways I dislike winter as to have to snow blow and shovel and all that, but it also brings in a time for wearing some boots, long top coats, nice gloves and of course, killer shoes.......

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
That's alotta Red Wings!
Yes I do have a few to say the least, but, as a youngster growing up my Father would always point out of you want to buy a pair of boots that will last, don't buy junk.....buy Red Wings, and in part the same goes for some of the shoes that are Red Wings. I purchased most of these all at one time, got a heavy discount for buying 29 pair from a truck that comes by the industrial parks selling to workers at the factories near my Shop. The rest I just picked up here and there along the way.

I also am a firm believer even with boots as I am with shoes, don't wear the same ones daily or every other day, variety seems to help the life span on shoes and boots...having enough to wear something different helps. I have shoes I still can wear after owning them since 1964, they get rotated......(geez, I used to "rotate" my Girlfriends, but that is a entirely different story all to itself)! Lol WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE haaaw!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I have shoes I still can wear after owning them since 1964, they get rotated......(geez, I used to "rotate" my Girlfriends, but that is a entirely different story all to itself)! Lol WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE haaaw!

Shoes are less of a problem. When taken out on dates they don't have to be taken to nightclubs etc.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Shoes are less of a problem. When taken out on dates they don't have to be taken to nightclubs etc.....
I have to admit shoes are less of a problem then most females....I have to state that is truth. However, when you find a gem as I have now in my life, she is worth more than any shoes I could ever find......and as it is, she does a terrific job of finding me shoes and other items and then buys them for me.....I have to think it is a reward for what I have done good in life and I am always thankful to say the least.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I have to admit shoes are less of a problem then most females....I have to state that is truth. However, when you find a gem as I have now in my life, she is worth more than any shoes I could ever find......and as it is, she does a terrific job of finding me shoes and other items and then buys them for me.....I have to think it is a reward for what I have done good in life and I am always thankful to say the least.

You are spot on. Being a shoe tragic is an act of divine intervention. It is not unexpected that you should also have a nice wife who has her priorities straight.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
LoveMyHats2, you make me feel a lot better! :D I am only at my third pair of RW´s and want more. After all it seems to be normal....:D
You know when something is good, you can't help but to want more.....including well made boots, shoes, hats, clothing, and food, and even a good woman! Yes indeed! lol!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
You are spot on. Being a shoe tragic is an act of divine intervention. It is not unexpected that you should also have a nice wife who has her priorities straight.
Not to give a history lesson on my relationship with my Wife, but to date we have not one time had a blow out fight, we both like similar fashion, she does things for me without question or asking and I do the same in return. We both understand I do better laundry and iron better so she lets me do it, she makes certain things in the kitchen food wise, so I let her go at it. We just fit in all areas and even as we have been married for some time, the "honeymoon" has not stopped yet at all. Now to even push my emotional side a bit, I am without a doubt in the belief that the "man upstairs" placed my Wife into my life as she was and is a perfect match for me, as I am for her. Total "soul mates" till the wheels fall off (and then some).!!!!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
LoveMyHats2, you make me feel a lot better! :D I am only at my third pair of RW´s and want more. After all it seems to be normal....:D
Oh yes, I love the hat in your avatar, I should have stated the same in many avatars that are in this thread! Fedora lounge members have it "going on" for sure!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am looking for my "cord" to attach my cell camera to load up some pictures to photobucket to then put them here....shoes and a few other things.....yes indeed! My Wife has been busy buying for me again......

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

These are new for me, my Wife found them and noticed they have the name REX on the inside, my footjoys that are spectator shoes have the same REX in the same spot inside the shoe. I note that the toe has a slight bump on the very top of the toe box area, which is part of the design of the footjoys that say REX in them. These are slightly spade soles but I am thinking there are not from the 1950's perhaps from 1960 or even 1970???? They are in very good condition and I will eventually have my cobbler here replace the soles, I may have him design out the side for the spade part a bit more profound so as to make it be more spade then what it is now.......the soles are actually in decent shape, but perhaps this spring I will have them worked on?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
And what good is it to have really nice shoes, without some vintage socks to go with them? Check out the pattern on the design and texture of these socks!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Here is also something new for me, not new as in what they are, as they have been around the block a time or two, but overall exactly what I was wanting, some western boots that I can wear and not have to "baby" them, I am still waiting for a custom pair of boots that are being made for me. The say Dodge City for a brand name....well, I guess that is to connect them to the old west and NOT a dodge car.....(varroom)!! Weeee Haaaw!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Not to give a history lesson on my relationship with my Wife, but to date we have not one time had a blow out fight, we both like similar fashion, she does things for me without question or asking and I do the same in return. We both understand I do better laundry and iron better so she lets me do it, she makes certain things in the kitchen food wise, so I let her go at it. We just fit in all areas and even as we have been married for some time, the "honeymoon" has not stopped yet at all. Now to even push my emotional side a bit, I am without a doubt in the belief that the "man upstairs" placed my Wife into my life as she was and is a perfect match for me, as I am for her. Total "soul mates" till the wheels fall off (and then some).!!!!
What a joyful paragraph. Thanks for the wide smile. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy