Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many

Shoes are the same, what they offer is "customized orthotics". Usually this isn't necessary, with technology that can take a graphic of a person's foot and weight distribution. Normally one of the 50 choices of rtw orthotics will provide what's needed. If issue is deeper, then a Podiatrist should be contacted first and a medical assessment of the foot issue made.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Shoes are the same, what they offer is "customized orthotics". .
If you read the link you will see that in addition to orthodics they make bespoke shoes as well as modifying your existing shoes. There really is no place quite like them.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
what shoes have you been wearing for your long treks as of now?

I wear Mephisto shoes.
URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/p1030027i.jpg/]
p1030027i.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
If you read the link you will see that in addition to orthodics they make bespoke shoes as well as modifying your existing shoes. There really is no place quite like them.

Actually I have 2 places that do the same exact same thing in my area (Southern New Jersey/ Philadelphia). I met them thru my search for quality shoemakers/ cobblers to assist in my vintage shoe refurb projects. Have spent quite a bit of time in both shops and learned a little bit myself. Both of them offer the same exact same services as Eneslow. From RTW name brands to alterations to existing shoes to custom made bespoke. Both establishments work closely with a local Podiatrist with whom they refer clients back and forth. If the client's issue requires bespoke or major differences to existing shoes, the Podiatrist is used to identify the exact issues with that particular client's feet.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Actually I have 2 places that do the same exact same thing in my area (Southern New Jersey/ Philadelphia). I met them thru my search for quality shoemakers/ cobblers to assist in my vintage shoe refurb projects. Have spent quite a bit of time in both shops and learned a little bit myself. Both of them offer the same exact same services as Eneslow. From RTW name brands to alterations to existing shoes to custom made bespoke. Both establishments work closely with a local Podiatrist with whom they refer clients back and forth. If the client's issue requires bespoke or major differences to existing shoes, the Podiatrist is used to identify the exact issues with that particular client's feet.

Well, now I know where to buy a shoe when I grow another few toes! LOL! Actually there are a few places that have nice online shoe sales for individuals that need "special" shoes for every day wear or long walking/treks. Myself, I love a pair of Walkovers that have rubber soles or RedWings for when you need something on your feet when you are "picking em up and putting em down"!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
i've had no idea of the prices for truly bespoke shoes. I've thought of $1,000, but $2,500 may be a little steep. Then again, if they really help my feet almost any amount would be worth it. I was thinking of going to visit John Lobb while in London. What are your thoughts?

You could go to those guys in LA or I suspect a handmade pair south of the Border. The alternative is Perry Ercolino in New York or use part of the price of the shoes as an airfare and go to Europe and get fitted by Vass in Budapest or Italy. London bespoke is very expensive.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/ferrago1_zpscb50f642.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/ferragomo3_zps8406b26e.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/ferrago_zps799bff18.jpg.html] [/URL]

I had unloaded some whole cut Grenson shoes, which were to be in the line up for my Summer attire, and so..I go to the Doctors today and then did a few errands, I step in the house and my dear sweet Wife drags me to the computer to show me her latest finds....she says she got these for just under $400.00 shipped! Now these go on the shoe wearing rotation for this summer time shoe wear. I think they are sharp, the seller told her they are white pearl on a normal white, all smooth calf leather.....humm.....I am thinking I will have to find some special polish for the white pearl part.....?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
You could go to those guys in LA or I suspect a handmade pair south of the Border. The alternative is Perry Ercolino in New York or use part of the price of the shoes as an airfare and go to Europe and get fitted by Vass in Budapest or Italy. London bespoke is very expensive.

[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/blues_zps6d6390ae.jpeg.html] [/URL]

"Those guys in LA"......

[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/cheech_and_chong1981-150_zpsad15301c.jpg.html] [/URL]

"South of the border dudes..."...lol!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/ferrago1_zpscb50f642.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/ferragomo3_zps8406b26e.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/ferrago_zps799bff18.jpg.html] [/URL]

I had unloaded some whole cut Grenson shoes, which were to be in the line up for my Summer attire, and so..I go to the Doctors today and then did a few errands, I step in the house and my dear sweet Wife drags me to the computer to show me her latest finds....she says she got these for just under $400.00 shipped! Now these go on the shoe wearing rotation for this summer time shoe wear. I think they are sharp, the seller told her they are white pearl on a normal white, all smooth calf leather.....humm.....I am thinking I will have to find some special polish for the white pearl part.....?

I am so spoiled...I will have to run and buy my sweetie Wife a strawberry pie first thing tomorrow! LOL!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE hAwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

BR Gordon

One Too Many

I think that I'll stick with Alden and AE, and work with an orthodics guy on the foot issues.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
you coming to Joisey for orthotics?
No it's just that all I've been hearing about Eneslow all these years is that they are one of a kind and now you're saying that they're a dime a dozen. So I'm asking you, what are the names of these two Eneslow-type stores in your area? It's just a matter of curiosity on my part.:)

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I am so spoiled...I will have to run and buy my sweetie Wife a strawberry pie first thing tomorrow! LOL!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE hAwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Jeez I wish it were that easy to score a pair of shoes. Those are very nice but Down Under you would be classed as a well to do property developer if you wore those round town!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Jeez I wish it were that easy to score a pair of shoes. Those are very nice but Down Under you would be classed as a well to do property developer if you wore those round town!

Thanks! Oh PM me your mailing address, I am about finished with putting together a "goodies" package for you!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

Any ideas on where to find some polish for these? The leather color "pearl white"? I looked at Meltonian and they do not have anything that I can see. The other white, which is basic, I have already.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
No it's just that all I've been hearing about Eneslow all these years is that they are one of a kind and now you're saying that they're a dime a dozen. So I'm asking you, what are the names of these two Eneslow-type stores in your area? It's just a matter of curiosity on my part.:)

One company in the entire USA that reburbishes shoes with orthotics, and also makes custom made orthotic shoes? Seriously? They do have a nice website which makes a huge difference in this century.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou