Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
a few more shots;
2ql4l7k.jpg

2lk5pcn.jpg
n4xdg3.jpg

2qmi554.jpg
11kksye.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I don't know if I'm putting this up in the right thread, but I have never seen Alan Edmonds suede cap toes and I had to share the pic:

67495_10200363480502373_1363076695_n.jpg

They look pretty nice!

Yes those are nice, I bet they are comfortable, too! I am trying to find some in the dark brown if I can get a good deal!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I found these Lotus today at a decent price in a local charity shop, sadly they are a little too tight for me (I am a 8 1/2 wide UK), the condition of the leather is fantastic though they do need re-heeling...I never even noticed in the shop but they are CC41 too.
There are two very tiny holes in the heels near the seam where I think they've had one of those vile platic tag things in them at some time, though I think it will push back from the inside and cover up fairly easily and there is one very tiny nick in the leather on the side/under one of the toe caps but cannot be noticed when worn.....why don't they fit me better!!!
2yjq1c1.jpg

mn2atw.jpg
v9uuh.jpg

3445d9e.jpg
otj79g.jpg

Seriously good score. Topys to save resoling and new heels. A bit of heat and moisture and gentle persuasion will get those front dings to move back down

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Can't lose at that price DOG, over £100 new, those look hardly worn.
Cookie I just wish they fit me better, but yes I thought the same, rubber top foresole, new heels-2 leather slices I think or one and a rubber top plus get those front dings out.....damn I wish they fit me!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I visited the Joseph Cheaney factory last week. I was looking for this style:

new-shoes_zps3178dcac.jpg

But I also couldn't resist buying these, since they had been reduced to £75:
new-shoes-2_zpsa8331157.jpg
#
new-shoes-3_zps297e30a0.jpg

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I've looked for custom new shoes thread, with no luck, so I'll ask this here. I'm thinking about my first pair of custom made shoes. When I go on vacation, with my wife, we walk everywhere and my feet get very sore. The only answer seems to be either to get shoes that help or go without my wife. The custom shoes, in the long run will be cheaper than the alternative.

Have any of you had custom shoes made, and are they really better than good quality factory shoes? We're in Paris headed back to London in three or four days. Should I get measured for new shoes in London or wait to get back to America?

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I've looked for custom new shoes thread, with no luck, so I'll ask this here. I'm thinking about my first pair of custom made shoes. When I go on vacation, with my wife, we walk everywhere and my feet get very sore. The only answer seems to be either to get shoes that help or go without my wife. The custom shoes, in the long run will be cheaper than the alternative.

Have any of you had custom shoes made, and are they really better than good quality factory shoes? We're in Paris headed back to London in three or four days. Should I get measured for new shoes in London or wait to get back to America?

MOST important question here is... What is your price range?

Top quality bespoke shoes will run you $2500 at the very least and go up from there. This is true bespoke, of course and not MTO.

If styling and top quality is your top concern, bespoke is the way to go. If you are looking for comfort first,

http://www.thewalkingcompany.com

has a nice selection of good quality and very comfortable walking shoes along with all kinds of different inserts for arch support. This will cost under $300 generally... of course most of the styles are pretty awful.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
i've had no idea of the prices for truly bespoke shoes. I've thought of $1,000, but $2,500 may be a little steep. Then again, if they really help my feet almost any amount would be worth it. I was thinking of going to visit John Lobb while in London. What are your thoughts?

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
i've had no idea of the prices for truly bespoke shoes. I've thought of $1,000, but $2,500 may be a little steep. Then again, if they really help my feet almost any amount would be worth it. I was thinking of going to visit John Lobb while in London. What are your thoughts?

Lobb bespoke will be above the $2500 mark. Remember, dress shoes... even bespoke ones, are not really designed to walk miles in. You pay for handcrafting, materials mainly.

It is a bit odd to walk 8 miles in a pair of bespoke wingtips anyway. Just the resoling for a pair of them is in the $500+ range. The leather soles and heels will wear very quickly under this type of stress.

Sneakers and the shoes in Walking Store are for long-distance. Padded interiors, rubber soles. Good for high mileage. Try them out, get a good quality insole if you have arch issues and take a pair for a test drive. If you're going to go the $2500+ route in the end, best to try the $250 first just to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff