Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
Forgive the crappy photo- here's the sole. Gives it a bit of a rugged edge.

742561626_nwSDp-M.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
Lexybeast said:
Forgive the crappy photo- here's the sole. Gives it a bit of a rugged edge.

742561626_nwSDp-M.jpg

Do the hooks in fact catch on the inside of a your pants occasionally? What is the sizing like? How do they feel and what's the break in period like? How did you get them? Very nice!

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
mike said:
Do the hooks in fact catch on the inside of a your pants occasionally? What is the sizing like? How do they feel and what's the break in period like? How did you get them? Very nice!

-Haven't had a problem with the hooks so far, but I've only been wearing heavier trousers with them.
-It's on the Alden Leydon last, which is stated as being true to size. I've found this to be the case.
-Feel is quite comfortable right off the bat, though the commando sole probably helps out with that quite a bit. I also wear smartwool socks which are quite padded, so that may have something to do with it as well.
-Got them through Adam at www.alden-of-carmel.com.
-Thanks! :D

mike

Call Me a Cab
Lexybeast said:
-Haven't had a problem with the hooks so far, but I've only been wearing heavier trousers with them.
-It's on the Alden Leydon last, which is stated as being true to size. I've found this to be the case.
-Feel is quite comfortable right off the bat, though the commando sole probably helps out with that quite a bit. I also wear smartwool socks which are quite padded, so that may have something to do with it as well.
-Got them through Adam at www.alden-of-carmel.com.
-Thanks! :D

Hows about TONS more photos please! lol They are such a strange mixture of styles, but I really like 'em!

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
:D It's petrified, it breaks right off. The leather's pebbled but that polish is on there so heavy the black patches are perfectly smooth, it's almost like paint.
They reminded me of Charles' shoes, those are cool.I think I'm gonna leave it on there for a while.
Been on a deglazer high for the last week refinishing an old pair of dress boots:
P8140004.jpg

Kiwi Parade polish:
P8140005.jpg

sproily

Practically Family
New find yet again. Perhaps Marc can specify a more detailed age on these.. I'm tasting a bit earlier than 1930's... Immaculate condition none the less. Never used.

shoes22.jpg

shoes66.jpg

shoes33.jpg

shoes77.jpg

shoes55.jpg

shoes44.jpg

shoes11.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
That font/serif is 1920s. The "swan neck" stitching is great and still found on a lot of top UK shoes. Trouble is you paid EUR9.50... more expensive than you usual scores!

cptjeff

Practically Family
cookie said:
That font/serif is 1920s. The "swan neck" stitching is great and still found on a lot of top UK shoes. Trouble is you paid EUR9.50... more expensive than you usual scores!
Under $20 is under $20 I'm sure. Those are nice.

I'm hoping to find a pair of dress boots one of these days. One of these days...

sproily

Practically Family
Bugsy said:

You obviously have a higher class if charity store than we do here. :eusa_doh: I envy that.

I seriously doubt that, this is something you find once in a lifetime in Finland.. Very rare to find proper shoes.

The reason for that is that there isn't one store in the whole of Finland that would sell Loakes, Barkers, Church's, Trickers and so on.

cptjeff

Practically Family
sproily said:
I seriously doubt that, this is something you find once in a lifetime in Finland.. Very rare to find proper shoes.

The reason for that is that there isn't one store in the whole of Finland that would sell Loakes, Barkers, Church's, Trickers and so on.
The shoes may be once in a lifetime, but you seem to find high class stuff in your size every week. [huh]

Kapow

New in Town
Shoes

Hi all,

These types of shoes take a special, distinguished guy to wear them. My dad was one of those. Sadly, he passed away a couple of years ago. I have two pair of his shoes for sale. They are Allen Edmonds, Broadstreet (one black and white, one brown and white). Size 10 D. I bought these for him a couple of months before he passed away. They were only worn around the house a little bit as he was too ill to go many places at that point.

If anyone is interested in them, please let me know. I have pictures but am not sure how to get them posted.

Thanks,

Karen

cptjeff

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
What would they have gone for in a 12D? Guesstimate.
I doubt that they would have existed in a 12D. Hundreds if they did come up.

As for those 7s, those were my size. And I'll probably never see a pair of those available again.

sproily

Practically Family
sproily said:
New find yet again. Perhaps Marc can specify a more detailed age on these.. I'm tasting a bit earlier than 1930's... Immaculate condition none the less. Never used.

shoes22.jpg

Finally got some word after sending an e-mail to Gothenburgs museum. They told me that it's from the late 1910's to very early 1930's.

After searching on the internet I have come to the conclusion that it's possibly in the early 1920's as the shoes say "J.F. Nordlöf" and a store by that name was up until atleast 1923. Shoes marketed by the name "Nordlöfs" were manufactured from the 1920's until the 1970's and if I'm correct, to some extent even to this date.

So the shop had changed it's name from J.F. Nordlöf to Nordlöfs somewhere in the 1920's or 30's. That makes these shoes early 20's or perhaps even older. The shoes have a swedish royal warrant and awards for worksmanship et cetera. Shop founded 1894 and awarded 1904. No date on the warrant.

GhmE_5813.jpg

J.F. Nordlöf's shop at Gothenburg 1923

They are absolutely immaculate. Storage wear but otherwise perfect.

I am now going to get some really good photos of it and stick it on eBay. How much do you think I should be getting from these? How much should I ask?

If someone wants to offer to buy these from me feel free. I am going to get measures and get some friends to try them on for size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats