Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

The Shooman

Practically Family
daizawaguy said:
Jan2010005-1.jpg

lncredible! So is your other Wildsmith.

The leather on the Monk looks incredible, really fine.

theinterchange

One Too Many
I'd Get Into Vintage Shoes, BUT...

What measures do you guys go to get your thrift/eBay find shoes sanitary? I can't stand the thoughts of putting on old shoes without doing something to make them less germy :eek: [if even only in my mind]

Randy

cookie

I'll Lock Up
theinterchange said:
What measures do you guys go to get your thrift/eBay find shoes sanitary? I can't stand the thoughts of putting on old shoes without doing something to make them less germy :eek: [if even only in my mind]

Randy

There is not much of an issue - if any. Shoes - in normal times - were generally worn with socks. But I use a magic spray you buy at the chemist for athletic shoes etc. I also give them a rub inside with a little teatree oil on a cloth....a natural Aussie bush antiseptic they reckon can kill anything that lives...:D

Guttersnipe said:
. . . I'm pretty stoked on the 'gator skin. Hopefully they're as cool in person!

ce6copy-1.jpg

Real gator?...they look grand...1950s early 1960s probably the "stitched aloft" double stitching around the welt is a classy feature.

theinterchange

One Too Many
cookie said:
There is not much of an issue - if any. Shoes - in normal times - were generally worn with socks. But I use a magic spray you buy at the chemist for athletic shoes etc. I also give them a rub inside with a little teatree oil on a cloth....a natural Aussie bush antiseptic they reckon can kill anything that lives...:D

Okay, that's a comforting thought. Tea tree oil's great stuff, I reckon it'd work as you said, too! Thanks

Randy

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
The language in the auction wasn't clear whether or not it was real gator (sometime eBay sellers worry about having their auctions flagged by cyber hall monitors if they plainly disclose that an item is made from an exotic) from the high-res pics I saw, though, I believe they are. . .

cookie said:
Real gator?...they look grand...1950s early 1960s probably the "stitched aloft" double stitching around the welt is a classy feature

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Guttersnipe said:
The language in the auction wasn't clear whether or not it was real gator (sometime eBay sellers worry about having their auctions flagged by cyber hall monitors if they plainly disclose that an item is made from an exotic) from the high-res pics I saw, though, I believe they are. . .

That "ridging" you get with the scales looks the part. I have a similar pair that I should sell as they are too small.

ce6copy-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
I agree. Also, there is more irregularity to the shape and size of the scales than I would expect on pressed leather. If it turns out to be pressed and not skin, it's the best quality I've ever seen. . .

cookie said:
That "ridging" you get with the scales looks the part. I have a similar pair that I should sell as they are too small.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Guttersnipe said:
I agree. Also, there is more irregularity to the shape and size of the scales than I would expect on pressed leather. If it turns out to be pressed and not skin, it's the best quality I've ever seen. . .
\

Guttersnipe, you need to empty your inbox so you can receive private messages. :eusa_doh: I thought you should know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925