Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

cptjeff

Practically Family
daizawaguy said:
Jan2010021.jpg
I like those. A lot.

Wash In Lux

One of the Regulars
There are some nice blue suede cap toe's at that auction place right now. I am not the seller nor do I have any affiliation. Just trying to help somebody, anybody on the forum out. They're quite attractive.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
theinterchange said:
What measures do you guys go to get your thrift/eBay find shoes sanitary? I can't stand the thoughts of putting on old shoes without doing something to make them less germy :eek: [if even only in my mind]

Randy

LOL!!! :)
I have been thinking the EXACT same thing since I first found all of these vintage shoe threads on FL. My wife also keeps asking me how I would ever wear used shoes, since I don't even like shaking hands, let alone having someone else's sweaty feet in a pair of shoes I'd wear. I guess I'd overcome it if I found the right pair of shoes.

andy b.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
theinterchange said:
What measures do you guys go to get your thrift/eBay find shoes sanitary? I can't stand the thoughts of putting on old shoes without doing something to make them less germy [if even only in my mind]
andy b. said:
LOL!!! :)
I have been thinking the EXACT same thing since I first found all of these vintage shoe threads on FL. My wife also keeps asking me how I would ever wear used shoes, since I don't even like shaking hands, let alone having someone else's sweaty feet in a pair of shoes I'd wear. I guess I'd overcome it if I found the right pair of shoes.

There's a solution: buy vintage deadstock (also known as new/old stock, or NOS) shoes. These are shoes that have never been worn. They're not that uncommon: I see a few 1940s and '50s ones on eBay every week.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
I've just bought two pairs of shoes from a French company called Bexley. The first is a pair of black long-wings, the model is the "Kensington":
usa092-3.jpg

usa094-1.jpg

Full leather soles and "suicide heels":
usa093.jpg

The second pair is the "Edward" model in chocolate-brown:
usa096-1.jpg

usa097-1.jpg

A nice touch is this explanation of the welting process on the inside of the box top:
usa098-1.jpg

These shoes are a really good value in my opinion; all leather construction and the lasts tend to fit narrow in the heel and wide at the ball of the foot. The Kensingtons were ninety-nine euros and the Edwards were eighty-five.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925