Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aero Town Boots

full

Vanha Vainooja

New in Town
Hi,
First post for me, although I've been lurking around the forums for quite some time.

I found these in a local thrift store the other day. If someone here knows more about Bally/Bally suisse shoes, I'd appreciate any info. The shoes are barely used, but I'm guessing they aren't new.

Whaever their worth, I think 8€ is a very good deal on any nice and fitting shoes :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200730_101545.jpg
    IMG_20200730_101545.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 764
  • IMG_20200730_101715.jpg
    IMG_20200730_101715.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_20200730_101757.jpg
    IMG_20200730_101757.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,027

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just some more pix of those above shoes as i didn‘t find many browsing this forum some time ago. Pix of some Dainite Town Boots to follow soon.

Cordovan Town Boots with leather sole

full

full

Cordovan Dainite Jarrows

full

full

Cheers

Turnip

ChazfromCali

One of the Regulars
My first ever pair of Allen Edmonds. Lucked out at Value Village got them for $7.50 on half price day. Should clean up pretty nice.
My first impressions of them: these are size 10's and they fit perfect, I usually wear 10 1/2 in most other shoes. They're very comfortable. They have a substantial weight / feel to them without being heavy. Made in USA?

Not really my color or style but..... heck , they're quality shoes. I'll find something to wear with them.

Initial CatScan sez: they're OK ;-)
rsz-120200801-115348.jpg

rsz-20200801-1154490.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
They are a great find Chaz, I love the colour. I bought a pair of boots on line last year, they are just common or garden boots, but the colour, so similar to your's, lifts them somehow. I intended to use them for gardening and other similar tasks, but I just can't bring myself to risk damaging them. They had been reduced dramatically in price, nonetheless, they remain pristine.
SWB1.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Sir; Your shoes are glorious. I read about Main D'Or on the Shoe Gazing Blog, https://shoegazing.com/2018/05/20/buyers-guide-main-dor/. Three fittings and the artisian craftsmanship of the best quality in the world have the resultant shoes you showcase in the above pics. The name, Main D'Or, French for Golden Hand is an apt name. Glorious!

Your shoes have very special decorative broughing on the sides of the lowers and heel. Where did you take inspiration of that unique and quite classy touch?

Thanks for sharing your very special shoes in a row of some of the best shoes in the world.

I tip the brim of my hat in your direction this morning, Eric -

My first ever pair of Allen Edmonds. Lucked out at Value Village got them for $7.50 on half price day. Should clean up pretty nice.
My first impressions of them: these are size 10's and they fit perfect, I usually wear 10 1/2 in most other shoes. They're very comfortable. They have a substantial weight / feel to them without being heavy. Made in USA?

Not really my color or style but..... heck , they're quality shoes. I'll find something to wear with them.

Initial CatScan sez: they're OK ;-)
rsz-120200801-115348.jpg

rsz-20200801-1154490.jpg

Congrats on the GYW shoes sir. Made in USA - yes. Substantial -yes. It is a shoe that can give you plenty of wear over the coming years. I have a pair of Allen Edmonds (gunboat style) that is on it's third pair of soles and is going strong. Enjoy your terrific valued quality shoe.

Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Vintage black toe cap spade shoes were my footwear choice for afternoon shenanigans.

i-XHH7xGm-M.jpg

These 1940's spade shoes were made by Edward Green for Bullock's on Willshire. The craftsmanship is superb. Gently worn these well made shoes will last my lifetime as well as beyond.

i-nBv3kpb-M.jpg

i-2SqPqgh-M.jpg

I am adding a pic of the rest of my outfit for context.

i-6PNL8kM-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Looking good Eric, I'm impressed that you keep the white suede in such a pristine condition. My leather and suede mix, navy and ivory, are a nightmare to clean.

Sir; Thanks for the compliment. Firstly I am gently wearing them and I play it safe. Secondly I have sprayed them with a nano protector. It left no trace and only makes fluids bead on them. I applied the spray by taping and papering off "non-suede" areas. No overspray as I was carefully. Finally, any mark or potential stain is removed when I take them off. I have cleaner, brushes and then conditioner at the ready.

Wearing suede shoes, vintage or modern, like other shoes are always subject to life's dings and nicks. I am choosing to gently wear them vs. treat them like a curated item in a glass case.

I am confident that most readers of this thread do similar things to their vintage shoes and wear them. You sir, likewise, wear your shoes as they were meant to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana