Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I have the Byron in chili calf. I prefer the fit of this model better than the 65 last on the PA/FA.

I agree. Early in my efforts working within Corporate America I wore the Park Avenues ( in many colors) for perhaps 15 years before exploring other brands. Exploring had me appreciating the Byron last, exploring other American shoe folks and English/Hungarian shoes.

Michael A. the suede shoes are terrific sir. Suede is underrated as far as weather/stain resistant. Currently I confidently rotate a pair of Alden long wings in suede in inclement weather.

Not vintage, but today I was enjoying a casual pair of Alden Split toe chromexcel leather shoes. This pair of brown shoes is just so easy to wear during the current pandemic for essential errands. Not fancy, not vintage not shiny - just perfect for heading out in comfortable footwear that is classy enough to enjoy the adventure of essential shopping.

i-3tf7F4c-M.jpg

I have really been enjoying all the posts the past months. Cheers to all posters.

Best wishes, Eric -

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I agree. Early in my efforts working within Corporate America I wore the Park Avenues ( in many colors) for perhaps 15 years before exploring other brands. Exploring had me appreciating the Byron last, exploring other American shoe folks and English/Hungarian shoes.

Michael A. the suede shoes are terrific sir. Suede is underrated as far as weather/stain resistant. Currently I confidently rotate a pair of Alden long wings in suede in inclement weather.

Not vintage, but today I was enjoying a casual pair of Alden Split toe chromexcel leather shoes. This pair of brown shoes is just so easy to wear during the current pandemic for essential errands. Not fancy, not vintage not shiny - just perfect for heading out in comfortable footwear that is classy enough to enjoy the adventure of essential shopping.

i-3tf7F4c-M.jpg

I have really been enjoying all the posts the past months. Cheers to all posters.

Best wishes, Eric -
Thanks Eric.I'm a fan of suede too. Wish I had a few more pairs along the dress line, most of mine are casual.

Great looking Aldens for you today. Very nice knockabout shoe.

Today I'm wearing some made in Italy Kenneth Cole cap toe dress boots.
IMG_7048 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7047 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Call them anything you wish. They are really gorgeous. The lines are sweeping and curvesous. The broughing and work on the brown leather is superb -perfect is what comes to mind. I did see your post on Instagram and did see the bottoms and it is spectacular. These are truly quite the shoes.

I have been quite taken with the matching shoe trees. You know bespoke products when the service products match to a 'T." The broughing on shoe trees to match shoes - now hat is just a craftsman's touch.

Out of curioustity, daizawaguy what was the motivation for the brown and white bespoke shoes? Clothing coordination, travel plans or special occasion?

Cheers on the owning some of the world's best made bespoke shoes. Eric -

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Eric, I do so agree with your post, what's in a name when such shoes can so easily make one break the ninth commandment. Looking closely at daizawaguy's shoes, I cannot be sure if the colour of white/cream/ivory is leather. The SJC 1920's shoes that I bought from Simon are a leather canvass mix. Let me tell you that the canvas is a nightmare to keep clean, it's worse still trying to get them back to pristine. None the less, I love them still.
blazer 1.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I am sport’n some 1940’s Captoe Derby Gunboats during morning escapades.

i-VZJDCSg-M.jpg

i-4wbpmrS-M.jpg

John McHale, Canadian shoe makers, made these cordovan triple sole shoes. The sole is 5/8” (16mm) and the welt is 1/4” (6.5mm) wide. With these proportions the shoe is styl’n.
The details go to showcase the fine shoemaking talents of McHale in the 40’s.
I have added sole protectors, moisturized, buffed and added shoe trees as my only maintenance efforts. What shoes!

i-BSZXCTk-M.jpg

i-mfSMHXw-M.jpg

i-93ndpvz-M.jpg

BTW: I give nod to David Rogers for providing them to me long ago.

Cheer folks. Best wishes, Eric -

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Received those above mentioned shoes and returned both.

The Montry was not at all the quality the brand has been known for some years ago.

The Ostron is an other league, hand made in Germany, higher quality in materials and finish. Walk-in footbed, built finish comparable to Red Wings, materials finish a little notch above.

So ordered the Ostron half a number smaller and one pair of Otis from same line additionally.

Normal retail price for both pairs would’ve been a total of 580,- bucks, Mr. Bezos bargains them away for a total of 150,- bucks.

Ostron in Cigar II

LLOYD-Schnuerschuhe-OSTRON-mittelbraun~92035701~d1~ADS-HB.jpg

Otis In Midnight

71w7S3eza6L._AC_UL1500_.jpg

Live pix to follow.

Cheers

Turnip

Last edited:

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So here we go. Both are hand made in Germany, Goodyear welted, full leather lined and with a walk in cork footbed, both very comfortable

First is Ostron, made from buffalo leather, color is Cigar II

full

full

Second is Otis, made from calf leather, color Midnight, so dark blue

full

full

Cheers

Turnip

Last edited:

The Shooman

Practically Family

Forum statistics