Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
Well, I think I arrived at my own answer. They are not shell leather. They had such little wear when I got them that creases had not developed - but I wore them Saturday and below shows the result.

Still, fairly well-made (they have a better look, feel and 'depth' than corrected grain would) and worth the four bucks :D to have a pair of oxblood wingtips I don't mind wearing on rainy days. These probably date from the '70s or early '80s (total guess) because I doubt that Stafford brand shoes have been made in the U.S.A. in a while. Feel free to correct me or add any info.

DSCN2305.jpg

DSCN2306.jpg

DSCN2309.jpg

Gene,I've got the black version of those wigtips right there and I purchased them new in the early 90's. Mine are made in the U.S.A. also. I was in Penney's today and I don't remember seeing that style available any longer.

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
Florsheim Pennys. Not terribly vintage, but less than $20. Any thoughts on how to reshape them?

0915_4_203.jpg

You didn't happen to just sell those on Ebay did you? I just bought a pair that looks similar to those. However, yours look much worse than the picture on the auction. If that wasn't your auction I'm sorry to disrespect your loafers. I myself am fond of them.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
John McHale Custom Shoes. I think these are some of the nicest put together shoes I've laid eyes on.
Massive triple soles with a huge overhang. Look at the finishing on the inside. I've polished and conditioned them since taking the pics, but the light was failing so I thought better to get some shots. Any idea on age?

Here's a killer pair of spade soles by the same company.

P1100864.jpg

P1100865.jpg

P1100866.jpg

P1100867.jpg

P1100868.jpg

P1100870.jpg

P1100874.jpg

P1100880.jpg

P1100884.jpg

Probably one of the scores of the year for you on shoes. Especially as where you live has such inclement weather. I posted those McHale shoes as I would like to copy them one day.

McHale’s partner Francis Stuart Scott died 13 Feb 1943 and I cannot find any record of Mr. McHale passing. The firm itself appears to have continued in existence to 1954, after which no further mention can be found.

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
They're certainly built to last. I can't even imagine what a pair of shoes with this kind of bulletproofness would run these days.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
They're certainly built to last. I can't even imagine what a pair of shoes with this kind of bulletproofness would run these days.
Start around $500-600 from Alden (special order); Double/treble that from the folks in Northampton.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
44 is in the same size system as in germany? if so, my feet are one size bigger. (and we don't have to fight over shoes if I come to visit you in finland) Haha

yeah the stitching is the best. vintage shoes have so fine stitching lines. and this curves looks very art deco.

sproily

Practically Family
Noted!

They really are a pair of those 30's oddities. Strange shapes and all that rot. And as you said, Florian, quite art deco as well.

As a side note, they fit me perfect.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Noted!

They really are a pair of those 30's oddities. Strange shapes and all that rot. And as you said, Florian, quite art deco as well.

As a side note, they fit me perfect.

Sproily make sure you give them a good bath of antique leather conditioner like Pecards or Lexol or the Finnish equivalent.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
WOW, sproily; AMAZING boots. Tough act to follow, but here's what I've got:

Recently acquired a very old pair of Allen Edmonds "Tuxedo" model.

Perfect fit for my narrow feet so I'm keeping these.

DSCN4204.jpg

DSCN4205.jpg

DSCN4206.jpg

DSCN4326.jpg

DSCN4208.jpg

DSCN4320.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn