Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
berniebush123 said:
This is not a reply but rather a question concerning the outer coverings of the shoes worn by the character Hercule Poirot. They cover his shoes similar to the way a horses hooves are covered. I think they are stylish for that period and was wondering if anyone knew what they where called? Of course they are in the same cloth and color as whatever suit he is wearing.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360301342891&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
BLACK TUESDAY

Latest thrifts.

These loafers will be for sale as they run a bit 'full'. Fit more like 10s at least. Fantastic condition. Soles professionally, lightly scuffed but not worn. Leather quality on par with Park Avenues.
DSCN3868.jpg

DSCN3872.jpg

DSCN3877.jpg

DSCN3878.jpg

MORE PIX:
http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/...Edmonds Glenfield Black Loafers 9 and Half D/

These lace-ups are 9.5AA and fit me to a T. :)
DSCN3863.jpg

DSCN3865.jpg

DSCN3886.jpg

The Shooman

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:
Then there's these NOS shell cordovans. Actually had to cough up two-digits. They also fit but I've been trying to make a rule to offer NOS stuff for sale rather than put it to use, so... ;)

DSCN3392.jpg

DSCN3400.jpg

Wow!

davestlouis

Practically Family
I assume that the nails have a head on the inside too, sort of like a rivet. I have never looked inside one of those shoes, but I would imagine that the sock liner hides the other end of the nail. My reasoning for thinking there must be another anchor point is the way the heads are indented into the leather surface, like they are under tension.

davestlouis

Practically Family
Mario, those look great. I really like older J&M's, the shape of the shoes, the way the broguing is done, etc.

I have to send a hearty "Thank You" to Mr HarpPlayerGene...the brown Executive Imperial wingtips I bought from him arrived today...they are gorgeous and look like they were worn 3 times and put in a closet for 40 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails