Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
England's finest...arriving chez Cookie = C&J Clifford Handgrades

Got these tonight on Down Under eBay no less and topyied already.

Last edited:

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
BinkieBaumont said:
]
clap1.jpg

Excellent, and elegant. :eusa_clap

Who made them?

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I'm so envious of you folks with normal size feet! I'm a 14-D, woe is me. Selection is terrible, and styles that look great in a 9 or 10 look hideous when stretched out. :mad:

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
Papa Got some brand new shoes!

I broke down and bought a brand new pair of shoes today(not at Goodwill). I went to the Florsheim outlet store and found a pair of shoe I'd never seen before. I did'nt like them at first but they quickly grew on me.
They're called Killian by Stacy Adams. They are the antiqued black like on the Kingsman. They're not very vintage,but becoming interesting.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
:D

Here's what the shoes look like from my end...

johnston&murphy_03.jpg

I love this shot....it's the type of shot that could make you a shoe tragic... and then get enabled by various sellers around here!;):D

What is so nice is the different burgundy shades in the leather patina with the high polish accenting the nice brogueing ...and the last looks a good fit. Of course the perfect colour for a grey suit....IMHO of course!lol

Todd V

Familiar Face
Florsheim Pennys. Not terribly vintage, but less than $20. Any thoughts on how to reshape them?

0915_4_203.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
John McHale Custom Shoes. I think these are some of the nicest put together shoes I've laid eyes on.
Massive triple soles with a huge overhang. Look at the finishing on the inside. I've polished and conditioned them since taking the pics, but the light was failing so I thought better to get some shots. Any idea on age?

Here's a killer pair of spade soles by the same company.

P1100864.jpg

P1100865.jpg

P1100866.jpg

P1100867.jpg

P1100868.jpg

P1100870.jpg

P1100874.jpg

P1100880.jpg

P1100884.jpg

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
And another pair- this time gunboats by Dack's. They look a bit rough in the pics, but some polish and they look almost brand new.

P1100875.jpg

P1100876.jpg

P1100878.jpg

P1100879.jpg

Dack’s Shoes was born in 1834, when Irish immigrant Matthew Dack opened a shop for the well-heeled at the corner of King and Jordan streets in downtown Toronto. The surname became synonymous with quality men’s footwear among those who could afford made-to-measure shoes and boots.

In its first 80 years, Dack’s Shoes remained small; during the First World War, it consisted of a small King Street store with a factory at the rear. Expansion began shortly after, with new stores opening in Winnipeg, Montreal and elsewhere, not to mention a thriving mail-order business. By the Second World War, it had stores and agents across the country. The last family owner, Stanford Dack, personally inspected finished shoes wearing a white glove, says one longtime employee. “If he saw any black or brown polish on his white glove, there was hell to pay. He’d cut a shoe in half rather than send it out with a missed stitch. That’s the type of guy he was, and that’s how the company was run.”

Dack sold out in 1948 to AH Marston Corp. of Toronto, which in turn sold the company to the prestgious English shoemaker Church & Co. Ltd. in the 1960s. Under Marston, Dack’s bought a plant in Fredericton, N.B., in 1957 and moved production there.

The recession, during which shoe buyers became even more frugal, ended the sad decline. Claiming assets of just $600,000 and liabilities thrice that (mostly to trade creditors), Dack’s filed for bankruptcy in December. As perhaps a last testament to craftsmanship, liquidator Danbury Sales discounted lesser mass-market shoes by half. Those who wanted the last pairs of Dack’s, some priced as high as $900, could get only 25% off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR