Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
French Shriners for five bucks. I love the color. Looks awesome with denim. Not in perfect shape, but not trashed either. Marked "8C" but fits like 8-1/2. Tight on me, though, so they'll go to the 'Bay. If no takers, I'll see about stretching them some...

DSCN3418.jpg

DSCN3423.jpg

DSCN3429.jpg

DSCN3431.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Tomasso and Jeff, for the little 'plug'! :)

I really do enjoy making a couple bucks by uniting good vintage shoes with men who will properly appreciate them. And I keep a list of sizes and preferences from Loungers who have emailed me their specs.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Tomasso. I am selling a few at the moment as the missus cut up rough with the quantity 'angin about like'. Some are ones that were so beautiful I just had to buy them almost like trophy shoes as Shooman calls 'em but even trophies take up too much space. Stay tooned....

berniebush123

New in Town
This is not a reply but rather a question concerning the outer coverings of the shoes worn by the character Hercule Poirot. They cover his shoes similar to the way a horses hooves are covered. I think they are stylish for that period and was wondering if anyone knew what they where called? Of course they are in the same cloth and color as whatever suit he is wearing.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
They are spats over patent leather shoes. Check spats on the search button.

Dinerman those Chetwynds are early ....looking at that label ...no mention of the cities that you fiind on most Churchs. Are you sure they are Chetwynds with those wide/deep punching holes? Maybe that was the early style.

davestlouis

Practically Family
I love the huge perforations in those Church's...remind me of some Johnston and Murphys I've seen.

Phineas, what kind of sole and heel do the Bostonians have? That used to be a pretty good brand of shoe...

I picked up some Dexter Made in USA gunboats the other day...the ugliest, nastiest liver color but in great condition. I spent several hours conditioning the leather and polishing them, and now they are a burgundy/cordovan color with some dark antiquing, but they still have more of a brown cast than my other burgundy colored shoes. I don't think they had ever been polished, because the raw leather color was visible in each perforation. The color I started with was VERY similar to the color of the deadstock 80s era Bass Weejuns I bought a couple of months ago, reddish brown, with no depth to the color. I haven't touched the Weejuns yet, beyond leather conditioner.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
cookie said:
Dinerman those Chetwynds are early ....looking at that label ...no mention of the cities that you fiind on most Churchs. Are you sure they are Chetwynds with those wide/deep punching holes? Maybe that was the early style.

This photo's from the post above- they say Chetwynd III inside. I'm sure the model's changed a bit over time. When you say early how early do you mean?
P1100257.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
This photo's from the post above- they say Chetwynd III inside. I'm sure the model's changed a bit over time. When you say early how early do you mean?
P1100257.jpg

They would be back in the 70s at the earliest maybe further back...an email to Churchs would elucidate a year.

Todd V

Familiar Face
I found these Barker's on eBay, size UK 7. The soles have a rubber insert with virtually no wear and are engraved "Topy." The heels say "Barker," and have a little wear. So, these may be the original soles.

They are a nice cognac shade of brown.

2010_0926ABsmall.jpg

2010_0926AEsmall.jpg

2010_0926AHsmall.jpg

davestlouis

Practically Family
Is there a name for the style of shoe that Todd V got? I have a pair of Florsheims that I believe are from the 50s in a very similar shape, just a more pointed toe. The two-eyelets with the plain toe are the main identifiers...

Todd V

Familiar Face
My guess is that they aren't too old, maybe the 90's. They are a hair tight for a UK 7, which is odd. I'm not sure if that is a clue to their age. I love the color of these babies, but I'd gladly trade'em for something a hair larger! [huh]

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have these exact Keith Highlanders, bought them NOS off ebay a couple of years ago. And fantastic find on the shells.

HarpPlayerGene said:
These fit me well so I'll keep them. $3 including shoe trees. :D

DSCN3355.jpg

DSCN3357.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Alan! :)

I have the exact same pair of brown Bostonian gunboats Phineas just picked up. One of my early shoe thrift buys.

Wow, guys, the Barkers and the Church's are wonderful!! :eusa_clap

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Gene, could you mute the shine on that right shoe......It's hard on the eyes............

:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner