Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
From a 1959 print ad:
1959GldBondHarttAdpt1.png

1959GldBondHarttAdpt2.png

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
They had a three pairs originally sold at Eatons in a similar style as well, one in camel leather, but whereas the pair I bought was $7, the rest were $50. Different pricers I guess? The response when I ask why there's such a difference is generally "if you don't want to pay that, that's too bad".
And for those expensive ones, they mark the shoes with untellable marker so that you can't peel the tag.
Even when you do buy those higher priced marked items, it's always a huge pain to get the ink marks out.

I'm always surprised in such a rainy, snowy, salty city to see nice vintage shoes in good condition at the thrift shops.

I've seen the abuse this city can put on shoes. A friend of mine bought a pair of '80s florsheims while out with me- in good shape- and within a matter of about a month the soles had separated from the uppers and one of the heels had come clean off. (though you can't blame that entirely on the weatner I'm sure)

Last edited:

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
A little 'wild' for some of you, but these '50s era Goding boots are actually quite the score. These come in at about 9-1/2D and have all their original-ness. I've seen smaller pairs with half-soles go for pretty big bucks at times.

DSCN4616.jpg

DSCN4618.jpg

DSCN4623.jpg

DSCN4629.jpg

cotillion

New in Town
Hi,

I picked up these Florsheim Imperials from thrift and I am curious if these are the older higher quality Florsheim. They do say Made in USA so that leads to believe they are at least better than the ones made in Asia yes?

15wfgug.jpg

2q0q4ax.jpg

30u4yzr.jpg

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Hi,

I picked up these Florsheim Imperials from thrift and I am curious if these are the older higher quality Florsheim. They do say Made in USA so that leads to believe they are at least better than the ones made in Asia yes?

http://i52.tinypic.com/15wfgug.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/2q0q4ax.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/30u4yzr.jpg

They're from the end of the era where Florsheim made shoes in the US, and they're not as good quality as the older ones. They're made from corrected grain leather. They may be somewhat better than modern ones made in Asia, but not a whole lot better.

toddy

New in Town
Hand Made Packer Boot (Drew's Boots)...

Thought I'd throw these in the mix... I've been breaking these in for a week now and Wow! are they getting comfy...

Drew's Boots 10" Lace-to-toe packer w/ 4s heel and packer toe...

Drew%27s%20Lace%20to%20Toe%20011.JPG

Drew%27s%20Lace%20to%20Toe%20005.JPG

Drew%27s%20Lace%20to%20Toe%20019.JPG

Drew%27s%20Lace%20to%20Toe%20022.JPG

cotillion

New in Town
They're from the end of the era where Florsheim made shoes in the US, and they're not as good quality as the older ones. They're made from corrected grain leather. They may be somewhat better than modern ones made in Asia, but not a whole lot better.

Ah excellent to know. I'd love to find some vintage Florsheims in the various styles from the ads I posted in Vintage Ads but I don't seem to have the shoe luck when thrifting that some people do. I'm always on the lookout though. Thanks much for the information.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Thought I'd throw these in the mix... I've been breaking these in for a week now and Wow! are they getting comfy...

Drew's Boots 10" Lace-to-toe packer w/ 4s heel and packer toe...

Drew%27s%20Lace%20to%20Toe%20011.JPG

Drew%27s%20Lace%20to%20Toe%20005.JPG

Drew%27s%20Lace%20to%20Toe%20019.JPG

Drew%27s%20Lace%20to%20Toe%20022.JPG

Barkeepers this needs to be in the boot thread and the spades in the spades thread...FWIW.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Here's a pair I got some time ago but I don't think I ever photographed them before.

A fine example of what Nunn Bush USED to be. Note the skived soles with hidden stitching (now showing in worn places). I'm not sure what to call this style; Cap Wing, perhaps???:

DSCN4870.jpg

DSCN4872.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy