Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
These Crosby Squares from flyfish are now in my care...

98f54b6e.jpg

294185f1.jpg

ea9aed55.jpg

58451a1f.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
WHAT A GREAT share, Two Types! Great shots of your personal vintage shoes is much appreciated. I especially like the pebble grain & suede ones. Classic English Country shoes has always been a favorite style for me, and yours are only getting better with age!

Congrats, FLY! I KNOW you've been looking for some nice Brogued Boots for a year now. The patina on that pebble grain is SWEET!!!

I am almost finished. This pair is one of my rare mistakes. I questioned myself as to the wisdom of buying them as I stood in the shop looking in the mirror. The trouble is, they were just £50. I should have realised they were too pointed for me. Too sleek - too modern. But i bought them - probably feeling that I would regret it if i left the shop without at least buying something:

IMG_0707.jpg

As for these ones - they are on their last legs - dying on my feet! But I love them and can't throw them out. So they are like slippers to me. Or so i thought. A few weeks back I broke a toe. Suddenly I needed very soft shoes - so they were perfect. I knew I was right to keep them.

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

So I think that's everything. I hope you've enjoyed them.

P.S. If anyone is interested, I am going to the Joseph Cheaney factory shop in the next week or so. Do you want to see photographs of the shelves. On the right day, its a wonder to behold. I feel a sense of great excitement as i open the door, just hoping all my favourite shoes will be on sale. Sometimes I'm lucky, sometimes not. Then, I stand next to the amply stocked shelves of size 8 (the sample size - meaning there is always an amazing choice) and wish my feet were smaller!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
These Crosby Squares from flyfish are now in my care...

98f54b6e.jpg

294185f1.jpg

ea9aed55.jpg

58451a1f.jpg

VERY nice to see a FL'er get these! Cookie turned me onto the wonders of Crosby Squares. I'm still looking for my first pair, but in handling several, the quality is quite apparent. They easily stand up to most modern makers in terms of construction quality, I think.

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
For once, Ross proves itself useful!

I found these Steve Maddens on clearance for $13.99. Nice chocolate brown suede oxfords with a man-made sole. They fit great, to boot!

PhotoSep2221637PM.jpg

PhotoSep2360753PM.jpg

(Forgive the iPhone captures)

Isshinryu101

One Too Many

I saw those, Marc. Some excellent ones in there, I agree.

Those Stetson Ventilated Specs were magnificent, and in a pretty rare color. When width is not mentioned in vintage shoes, a red flag comes out for me. Way too big for my 8- 8 1/2D's anyway.

Those suede & faux croc Charles Chesters are in my closet right now. Fine price even if faux rather than real croc.

The Victorian boots were probably small as well, regardless of what the size says. 11 inches long is pretty darn short for that shape... but I really liked the brown 'Roo!

I actually shed a tear over those Wright Arch Preservers. That A width is a killer, ESPECIALLY in the 30's, where the lasts are narrow to begin with. I bet they were around 3 1/2 inches wide... OUCH except for the Geishas with bound feet.

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
That yellow stitching is interesting but I wonder how it would look after a couple shines.....

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
That yellow stitching is interesting but I wonder how it would look after a couple shines.....

contrasting stitching was very big in the 50's. I had the same concern myself, but with an added bit of care, it's not difficult to avoid getting polish on the stitch. I also sometimes use neutral polish directly onto the stitch to "stainproof" it somewhat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy