Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

sproily

Practically Family
600720_3502454685660_578159394_n.jpg

Here they are lasted. The image makes them look a bit bulbous but in reality they are very sleek. You can see the chiseled box toe last here, which is a vintage 1930's last.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cookie ,that was a great piece of info regarding shoes and personality types. I know that my pocket book often doesnt match my desire for high quality shoes but that doesnt keep me from trying. For example I just bought Two pairs of Allen edmonds "cascade" boots for what it would have cost
to buy one pair of aldens overpriced boot , are very well made and fit quit well.
wonder what that means?

Not sure what I think of these...picked them up in a thrift store today.
Unknown maker and sold at the Hudson's Bay stores in Canada.
Picked them up because a) I dont have a pair of 'buckle shoes' b) they were $6 c) Made in England and seem to be fairly well made d) they fit like a glove (so to speak).
Any comments? Guess at the maker, approx age? Would a good polishing help, or do I need to try and strip the old polish off?
Thanx Kevin
bay3.jpg

bay2.jpg

bay4.jpg

bay5.jpg

bay6.jpg

bay1.jpg

wow snap
sh2.jpg
sh1.jpg

vm

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
CG?
vm
I could never have afforded these new

No, my friend. As a Vintage Shoe Addict, I embrace the pre-owned shoes. CG is corrected grain. The Post-1950's Florsheim longwing gunboats (non shell) are all CG leather. The grain stamped into the leather makes it less noticable. Very good for rainy weather, however.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
already on their way to Germany, my friend. If they had been 3/4 sizes larger, they would be going Down Under instead. Very rare to find stuff like this over a size 7.

davestlouis

Practically Family
And one more...I believe these are made by Footjoy, they are marked as "Bennie's Shoes" which I understand is in Atlanta...note the darker laces, which is typical of Footjoy tassel loafers.

ry%3D400

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ