Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Does anybody know if a shoe suitcase, or valise, has a name of it's own? Picked up one from a vintage fair about a year ago, I love it, but I am curious about it. Don't see anything similar in modern mode, although everyday suitcases are not the kind of thing that I would go shopping for. Thinking about it, apart from our sports bags, which we use for the gym sessions, haven't got a suitcase made later than the mid 1950's.
This is the suitcase, by the way, the red & white Gibsons have to go back, that's why I haven't laced them. Half size too small.

The tab of leather is missing over the handle, but I do have it. Can anyone tell me if glueing it on is detrimental, insomuch that it could cause the small strip of leather to shrivel?

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
not sure of the proper name for a shoe carrying case like that, though I have seen a more rcent model by J. Lobb for well over $50k. Very cool. Where are the shoe trees???? You're really hurting them. I can hear the wails of neglect all the way over the sea.

freakersea

New in Town
construction wasnt as great as i was hoping, especially given they were my first new pair of AE's but comfy and certainly turn heads, especially here in Canberra, a very boring capital

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/handmade_zps9a3115f1.jpg.html] [/URL]

We all know what time it is...."summer time"...well here in the USA at least....and yeah, I have my stash of summer shoes, spectators, white lighter weight all leather shoes....but I had a quest and discussed it with my Wife for her to help find that one shoe...that summer shoe that will really just be that holy grail (for the summer only)...and well....she did it....yep again....weee haaaw some British handmades that are just dripping with class....white and blue suede for that home run look.....
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/handmade_zps9a3115f1.jpg.html] [/URL]

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Does anybody know if a shoe suitcase, or valise, has a name of it's own? Picked up one from a vintage fair about a year ago, I love it, but I am curious about it. Don't see anything similar in modern mode, although everyday suitcases are not the kind of thing that I would go shopping for. Thinking about it, apart from our sports bags, which we use for the gym sessions, haven't got a suitcase made later than the mid 1950's.
This is the suitcase, by the way, the red & white Gibsons have to go back, that's why I haven't laced them. Half size too small.

The tab of leather is missing over the handle, but I do have it. Can anyone tell me if glueing it on is detrimental, insomuch that it could cause the small strip of leather to shrivel?

So where do you hide your machine gun at in that case? (just kiddin)!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
vintagespectatorshoes1.jpg

vintagespectatorshoes2.jpg

vintagespectatorshoes3.jpg

vintagespectatorshoes4.jpg

1930's US shoemaking excellence!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Not only are the shoes "top shelf"...but check out them broom stick shoe trees! Nothing beats a real spectator shoe for all around "foot attire"!

I guess you felt safer to show these like this, rather than to show a "lil leg"...? LOL! Those shoes, a light colored double breasted suit, and it's "start your engines" time! Vaaarooom!

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

We all know what time it is...."summer time"...well here in the USA at least....and yeah, I have my stash of summer shoes, spectators, white lighter weight all leather shoes....but I had a quest and discussed it with my Wife for her to help find that one shoe...that summer shoe that will really just be that holy grail (for the summer only)...and well....she did it....yep again....weee haaaw some British handmades that are just dripping with class....white and blue suede for that home run look.....

Geez, I must be slipping a bit on the construction of these here, they are whole cuts, uppers are one piece suede, (other than the added smooth leather that is blue in the eyelet area),soles are some really nice leather similar to gunboats, stacked leather heels. I've tossed these into my attire choices for the summer....ice tea anyone?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
not sure of the proper name for a shoe carrying case like that, though I have seen a more rcent model by J. Lobb for well over $50k. Very cool. Where are the shoe trees???? You're really hurting them. I can hear the wails of neglect all the way over the sea.

No shoe trees can give those shoes a "prune" surface look to them that may not ever come out! I am becoming an expert on that condition, as I have my 91 year old Mother-in-Law staying with us...prune does the ol' gal just right! lol! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaawwww!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Not only are the shoes "top shelf"...but check out them broom stick shoe trees! Nothing beats a real spectator shoe for all around "foot attire"!

I guess you felt safer to show these like this, rather than to show a "lil leg"...? LOL! Those shoes, a light colored double breasted suit, and it's "start your engines" time! Vaaarooom!

Pity they are in the wrong thread!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

C&J Ghillies for Barneys on the famous Manly ferry.

So right got the color of the trousers! I note you decided to be on the "Manly Ferry".....I suspect that would be O.K. however, I think I would have far far more fun being on the "Femalely Ferry" checking them Gals out, but then I have never crossed up my sweet Wife, such a dream she is....(weeeeeeeee haaaaaaw)! lol!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Pity they are in the wrong thread!

Well the biggest pity is they are not my size and sitting on my shoe shelf! lol!

Oh I forgot, one really swell thing about those jumbo wood shoe trees, those are a dual purpose item to have around. They do a smashing good job on the shoes keeping them looking really fine, and...in the case of a National disaster, and you have no fuel for cooking, those shoe trees could burn for a week! LOL! heheheheh!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran