Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

robb

New in Town
You ladies and gents are a bit more traditional and old-school than I am... but these are my favorite shoes... I wear them with jeans or a suit. I like the more italian designer type look.

2746801111_8cbf95ff54_o.jpg

Gucci black pebble leather horsebit loafers...
They have them instock at Bluefly.com in sizes 10 and 10.5

http://bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2083656873&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2394555&N=979+4294967101&Ne=500000&Ns=Popularity|0||Product%2bCode|1&Nu=Product+ID

I sorta want to buy another pair to put away for a few years down the road :)

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
The Shooman said:
That's no good. Obviously they don't fit right. Probably best to get rid of them and get a different pair.

I don't think it's a matter of improper fit, as any foot will slide forward in a heel. I think it was more a matter of improper storage. If I could just tack an ankle strap on them they'd fit like a dream.

Mary

Practically Family
I agree with you Tamamiko in a way. I can never wear anything without straps. You can pm Dahrling. She only wear hight heels like that.

I have som slingbacks that fit me fine but as soon as I put stockings on they slide off my feet. The skin isn't as slippery so maybe that would help. Sorry that I have not better advice.

M

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Warbaby said:
I found this pair of Florsheims at the thrift store yesterday for $1.99. Thick, grained leather with a beautiful patina (after a bit of saddle soap and polish). Any guesses as to the age?

BrnShoes2.jpg

The toe broguing is moved forward somewhat which is a bit 70s then again the front is not as blunt as the 70s ...but then the good news is that this is the way broguing is moving in 2008!:eusa_clap

cookie

I'll Lock Up
a Couple of New Pairs

They called these 1940s and they have 7 eyelets but I think that this model of Florsheim is early 1950s - any guesses? They are splendid shoes and like they were 'worn to church' so little wear and so shiny and well kept.

These are also 1950s methinks:

And these 1940s in a beautiful russet brown:

Beautiful 1940s Walkovers:

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^Dinerman, those look very similar to a pair of vintage Nettletons I once had.

Warbaby said:
I found this pair of Florsheims at the thrift store yesterday for $1.99. Thick, grained leather with a beautiful patina (after a bit of saddle soap and polish). Any guesses as to the age?

BrnShoes2.jpg

It's tough to date Florsheim longwings since essentially the same design has been in production for decades (a good thing). What do the soles look like? If they have an all leather heel with a v-cleat then that dates them as older than if they have a rubber heel.

Did you get the shoetrees with them? If so, that was a particularly good find.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
cookie said:
I think yours have a sexier (almost modern Italian) last Dinerman...give 'em a bit of leather conditioner me old son...

That could just be the A width of 'em. They have since been conditioned and polished, and are looking better than ever.

Also- how much does a resole and reheel cost on a pair of dress shoes? I've worn a hole through the sole of my '50s Black Captoe Bostonians.

Mary

Practically Family
cookie said:
The toe broguing is moved forward somewhat which is a bit 70s then again the front is not as blunt as the 70s ...but then the good news is that this is the way broguing is moving in 2008!:eusa_clap

This is interesting! Where did you learn about it?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Not quite sure which thread to put these in, but I just picked these up at the local army/navy store for twenty bucks. I shined them up after taking the picture- they look much better now.

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
WOW!

Dinerman said:
Not quite sure which thread to put these in, but I just picked these up at the local army/navy store for twenty bucks. I shined them up after taking the picture- they look much better now.

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

That's a Cadillac logo on the heel!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner