Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Josephine

One Too Many
resortes805 said:
custom9TH.jpg

Oooo, I really like that vest. Love to see it on someone... :D

twobarbreak

One of the Regulars
twobarbreak said:
Yea, I have a few suits and jackets from Jorge...I'll find some pics and post up...

here is one of the first suits Jorge made for me around 1998, this is without the vest. (It was a hot day at Catalina Island)

promocolorfull400.jpg

Here is the vest, in action....:)

vest.jpg

This is a slightly Creme colored Jacket he made for me...

l_d810fcb87fe1220638304735c631bd58.jpg

Fabric is from Black and Sons (Downtown LA), The from everything i have had made is from Vintage Silk...

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Jorge Suits

Marc,

Could you or other Fl members who have jackets or suits made by Jorge give us an idea of his price ranges??? Thanks!

Solid Citizen :eek:

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Solid Citizen said:
Marc,

Could you or other Fl members who have jackets or suits made by Jorge give us an idea of his price ranges??? Thanks!

Sure! Jorge's suits are in the $1,000+ range. I believe the average full suit price these days is $1,200, perhaps more. As for jacket prices, we'll need to hear from Resortes805. He has at least one that was made by Jorge.

Enigma1947

Familiar Face
Many thanks!

Wow! You all are awesome. Thanks for the many replies about as well as the pics of George Avalos's work. I live in Torrance, which is not too far from Long Beach. I've actually been in his store a few times but he was only there once. And he was a little busy at that moment.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome.

mike

Call Me a Cab
StanleyVanBuren said:
Those Avalos suits look pretty damn amazing. Not a bad price for what you seem to get.

I agree! Talk about quality!!! Wowie!!!
Long Beach is a hop skip & jump to be fitted!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I have a Jorge suit I bought a few years back when I was heavier.

There were a few problems though I was a problem shape and I'm sure future suits made by him for me would be better... trial and error in some cases is what it takes to get things right.

3 button wide lapel patch pocket belt back
b3-vi.jpg

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Sure! Jorge's suits are in the $1,000+ range. I believe the average full suit price these days is $1,200, perhaps more. As for jacket prices, we'll need to hear from Resortes805. He has at least one that was made by Jorge.

Matt Deckard's estimates from the original thread are pretty accurate. Remember, that was a while ago, so the price has naturally gone up a little.

It's helpful if you know what you want to have tailored already, but if you don't, Avalos has old catalog images from different eras available, and of course he has own garments in his studio space for inspiration as well.

An interesting tidbit: when I went in to talk to him about getting some 30's slacks tailored, he started tracing the cutting pattern as I was describing to him the pants I wanted!

twobarbreak

One of the Regulars
Solid Citizen said:
Marc,

Like Marc said, expect about 1,000 to 1,200 range for the works, your best bet is to call and set up a time to meet him.

He is a really nice guy that really gets into to the process of making the perfect vintage suit.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jorge's suits look so cool. Hey, if he's like us, imagine how many awesome suits he must make for himself (time permitting, of course!). I mean, if you
had the tailoring skills and patterns/means to make a wild Hollywood suit like one of his designs, wouldn't you go beserk making a sharp wardrobe for yourself? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred