Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

twobarbreak

One of the Regulars
Ok, Its show off time...for Jorge's detail...
please excuse the wrinkles on some of them, I just pulled them out to Photograph for everyone even if they are in the dry cleaning rack.

The first is the inside detail of the suit I was wearing in the previous Post.
j1.jpg

j2.jpg

Here is another 3 piece...This was Deadstock Material from Black and sons.
j3.jpg

j4.jpg

This is the vest, check out the Button Pattern, and
the detail on the Silk Lining, I turn out The Lapel to see the back side is also lined.
j5.jpg

This is the inside of the slightly creme belt back that Looks great against a white shirt. Jorge takes pride in making custom shoulder Padding to fit your build how you like it or want it to move...
j6.jpg

as for Pants, here are just some of the Various ones I have had Made.
all are High waisted, and some a really high...
j7.jpg

and these are Linen, very high waisted...matching belt like the Blue ones above...
j8.jpg

These all came from Photo's or patterns fro the 1930's, all seams are Pipped.
all silk Lining is Vintage material from cut up bathrobes...

twobarbreak

One of the Regulars
Benny Holiday said:
Jorge's suits look so cool. Hey, if he's like us, imagine how many awesome suits he must make for himself (time permitting, of course!). I mean, if you
had the tailoring skills and patterns/means to make a wild Hollywood suit like one of his designs, wouldn't you go beserk making a sharp wardrobe for yourself? lol

If ya only knew....hahha, Yes, he has some amazing suits that would blow anyone away, and boy can he wear em!

retrofashion

One of the Regulars
I haven’t finished going through this thread yet, but I thought I would post what I got today in a thrift store: http://www.freewebs.com/datasharing/suits.htm

It’s hard to photograph black, but I hope you can still see enough. It’s a really thick material and it has raised stripes on it. The chest pockets are very thick inside, like they are padded. I’m actually considering having them removed or reworked to be thinner. The shoulders are also heavily padded. The trousers come up to above my belly button and it has no belt loops, just buttons for suspenders. They are quite baggy too.
Opinions very welcome.

retrofashion

One of the Regulars
I haven’t finished going through this thread yet, but I thought I would post what I got today in a thrift store: http://www.freewebs.com/datasharing/suits.htm

It’s hard to photograph black, but I hope you can still see enough. It’s a really thick material and it has raised stripes on it. The chest pockets are very thick inside, like they are padded. I’m actually considering having them removed or reworked to be thinner. The shoulders are also heavily padded. The trousers come up to above my belly button and it has no belt loops, just buttons for suspenders. They are quite baggy too.
Opinions very welcome.

Yes, the photos are quite grainy. I took them inside and my flash isn't that good. But you can see some detail on the lapel close up.
So you think 50's uh. When I first saw I thought it was some type of tux. But then I realized it wasn't, and if it was, it was probably an old one, judging by the cut, and specially the trousers.

Yes, I cut the head off. I'm a bit internet shy. :eek:

By the way, I just put up the other suit I got today. It's a brownish one:
http://www.freewebs.com/datasharing/suits.htm

Scroll down to the last picture in the bottom.

retrofashion

One of the Regulars
Kentucky Blues said:
does that suit have only two buttons?

Yes, only two buttons.

By the way, some people commented how the other suits I posted had a V typed of collar that reminded them of newer suits like 70's. Every suit I wear forms this curvy V type of collar. I think that's what people are talking about. But the suit lying flat is not like this. The V is straight and narrower. But when I put it on the V kind of opens up and curves, giving that impression. If you notice in the lapel close up, it’s the same thing with this one.

LindyTap

Familiar Face
The Wingnut said:
I don't think I'm ever going to find a better suit than this.

green_suit_2.jpg

green_suit_3.jpg

No union label. A rather odd duck.

Whoa! I was looking through on of the vintage stores here today, and I found a suit that looked exactly like that! I think it might actually be the same suit. The one I found had a bunch of moth holes in it though, so I didn't get it even though I loved it. You lucky dog! The one I found had a card in the pocket with a 1940 date on it, in case you were wondering about it's age. Nice suit!

Here's one you chaps arven't seen yet. I've had it for a while, just got around to photos. A 1936 USA union tags, belted back with knife pleats. This is a great suit and fits well, though i need to get around to taking up the legs and arms. My new friend the mannequin is almost exactly the same size as me but his waist is a bit bigger . . . fat bugger.

A taupe colour with white and orange/red double-pinstripes. On the front are two flapped patch pockets at the hips, and an angled patch pocket at the left breast. Lovely caramel buttons

BeltBack1.jpg

Belted back and 5 knife pleats in triangular arrangement. One deep pleat in the centre and two shallower pleats to either side of the large one.

BeltBack2.jpg

And the waistcoat.

BeltBack3.jpg

bk

Yeah, the back holes, as it happens aren't the problem. There are also some around the left hip pocket which are annoying and will probably necessitate reweaving. Very irritating.

And yes, from obscure website.

by the bye, Loewy is managing to sell his 30s suits, so he's going to keep stocking them. He has about 20 new ones in, apparently, that i haven't seen yet. He claimed they would be on the shelf last week and i didn't manage to get in.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou