Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

kuwisdelu

Familiar Face
I love peak lapels of all sorts. On a single-breasted, you do need to be a bit more careful with the proportions, though, IMO.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Warbaby said:
I've always thought that single breasted suits with peaked lapels were a bit goofy - like suits that couldn't really decide what they wanted to be. That said, I must also admit that I like them. Here's one in an unusual green pinstripe that I picked up a couple of weeks ago at the thrift store for ten bucks and just got back from the cleaners. It's in almost unworn condition and fit me perfectly without any alterations. The sharply raked jacket pockets and the flat front front trousers with a fairly snug fit in the thighs would prolly date it in the 70s, yes?

Is it cool or just plain goofy? I dunno, but I'm gonna wear it anyway.

GreenStripe5cr.jpg

GreenStripe3cr.jpg

GreenStripe6.jpg

GreenStripe7.jpg

I say perfect, pockets and all. I have yet to see a 70s sb peak lapel that I liked, but with a vest, it is very different, because you don't get that big triangle of short showing. Actually, this one seems to have a higher button stance than most 70s. That is usually the problem with 70s sb peak. The button is too low. I love this suit. Don't change a thing.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
It looks a lot like the suits that Al Pacino wore in the movie Scent of a Woman.

Not bad company to be counted with!

Thanks to everyone for the thumbs-up on this suit. I tend to be drawn to quirky and offbeat styles, but I'm sometimes unsure whether my taste is avant garde or just plain silly. There's also the age issue that I have to watch out for - outfits that would look great on a 30 year old can be potentially ridiculous on a guy my age.

Djupis

One of the Regulars
a125.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=370213806072

This suit arrived in the mail today. I was a bit anxious because it would be my first time buying clothes on the internet. The shoulders and chest are a bit wide as I suspected but not in a way so it looks weird luckily, a 36L is a bit more my size, an incentive to bulk up a bit I suppose. The trousers are a perfect fit, very satisfied and I think I look really good in them lol

I wish I could wear it right away, but it's a bit wrinkly after shipping.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Picked this fantastic suit up recently. '50s 'atomic fleck', some of the nicest I've seen.

1950satomicflecksuit007.jpg

It's too large for me so it's in the Classifieds. Too bad, I want to keep it. :D

Color is accurate in this photo:
1950satomicflecksuit001.jpg

1950satomicflecksuit002.jpg

1950satomicflecksuit005.jpg

Miss Vixen

New in Town
I had to peek in this thread..... every single one of you men look FANTASTIC!!! :eusa_clap how I wish the guys still dressed like this!!!! now its all nasty jeans/UFC shirts and flip flops..... thank god for the Fedora Lounge :)

Miss Vixen

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

A week ago, I won an early 1950s 3-button tussah silk suit, size 42, for $19.99. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260448972556

Here are some hastily taken, so-so photos of the suit, which is darker than the pics show. The tussah silk is crisp, and as light as a feather. The jacket is quarter lined.

As you can see, it hasn't been steamed yet, so forgive the wrinkles. Also, it needs to be altered down slightly. To the tailor!

Silksuit001.jpg
Silksuit008.jpg

Silksuit005.jpg
Silksuit006.jpg

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
Fantastic suit, Marc. I especially like the high-rise Hollywood waist on the trousers...a classic early '50s feature.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:

A week ago, I won an early 1950s 3-button tussah silk suit, size 42, for $19.99. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260448972556

Here are some hastily taken, so-so photos of the suit, which is darker than the pics show. The tussah silk is crisp, and as light as a feather. The jacket is quarter lined.

As you can see, it hasn't been steamed yet, so forgive the wrinkles. Also, it needs to be altered down slightly. To the tailor!

Silksuit001.jpg
Silksuit008.jpg

Silksuit005.jpg
Silksuit006.jpg

A perfect example of the '50s low-gorge style you mentioned on the sport jacket thread.

MBreinin

New in Town
Well, here is my first post and a few of mine. I need to get my wife to take pics of me as it is hard to get a decent pic of yourself with an iPhone in a mirror...it also messes with the fit. Anyway, here we go.

Ralph Lauren Purple Lable:

MikeDBFinal.jpg

MikePurpleLabel2.jpg

MikeSpecs.jpg

More Purple Label:

PurpleLabel2.jpg

Vintage Ralph Lauren Polo (circa '77) Houndstooth:

HoundstoothMike.jpg

Samuelsohn Peaked Lapel SB:

Mediation2.jpg

Mike

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Breinin, those are some nice suits but I especially like the first one.

Here's the 1930s Fashion Park suit I first showed here.

This is my dream suit.

002-3.jpg

Though these pics are pretty crappy, they give you an idea of how it will look once it's been altered and repaired.

FashionParksuit001.jpg

FashionParksuit002.jpg

The arms need to be let down and several holes need to be repaired on the right arm. I'm working on adding faux cuffs to the trousers in order to make them long enough. After all that it'll be good to go!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Thunder, yours is also my ideal of a double-breasted suit. Late '30s (maybe 1940), ideal proportions, fine wool, fine ... well, everything. It puts just about all of today's bespoke suits (except for Matt Deckard's, IMO) to shame.

Hold on to this one. They are few are far between.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
Thunder, yours is also my ideal of a double-breasted suit. Late '30s (maybe 1940), ideal proportions, fine wool, fine ... well, everything. It puts just about all of today's bespoke suits (except for Matt Deckard's, IMO) to shame.

Hold on to this one. They are few are far between.

Thanks Marc, I will definitely hold on to this one. It'll take some time, energy and cash to get it back into shape but will be well worth it. It's like it was made for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay