Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
Wolfmanjack said:
Nice 3-piece, boushi. Here are a couple of ideas:

1. Consider a shirt with longer sleeves, so you'll display a little linen at the sleeve cuff.
  2. Second, if you want to pack some gear in the inside pockets, consider wearing the jacket unbuttoned. You might even adorn the vest with a pocket watch and chain.
Actually, I think it isn't so much that the shirt sleeves are too short, as the jacket sleeves are too long. I've been meaning to take it in for that. The shirt sleeves also have a tendency to ride up a bit, but are actually longer than they appear in the picture.

And now I want to go find a pocket watch, despite having already spent far too much money this Christmas.... lol

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
I recently bought my first suit. I've never had one, and I figured that every man needs a suit or two, or three, so Figured I'd better get to work! I'm a slender person, so I opted to go for something from the Alfani Red line, which is a slim fit. I find just about anything but slim fit makes me look rectangular...or trapezoidal, and out of proportion.

These are early pics, and I've since gotten the waistcoat to fit comfortable against my abdomen (I have to pull the strap in the back nearly to its shortest), but you get the idea.

IMG_0173.jpg
IMG_0194.jpg

This next one's my favorite. ^_^

14743_512289303002_203100142_304461.jpg

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Very nice. You look good in it. If you want suggestions or critiques on the fit, post front and side views with the jacket buttoned and your arms straight down at your sides.

Those pictures are cool, though. You remind me a bit of David Caruso, only you dress better.

david-caruso-20080518-412950.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
Hexenmeister said:
I recently bought my first suit. I've never had one, and I figured that every man needs a suit or two, or three, so Figured I'd better get to work! I'm a slender person, so I opted to go for something from the Alfani Red line, which is a slim fit. I find just about anything but slim fit makes me look rectangular...or trapezoidal, and out of proportion.

These are early pics, and I've since gotten the waistcoat to fit comfortable against my abdomen (I have to pull the strap in the back nearly to its shortest), but you get the idea.

IMG_0173.jpg
IMG_0194.jpg

This next one's my favorite. ^_^

14743_512289303002_203100142_304461.jpg

I love the lapelled waistcoat!! Very elegant.:e eusa_clap

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
Orgetorix said:
Very nice. You look good in it. If you want suggestions or critiques on the fit, post front and side views with the jacket buttoned and your arms straight down at your sides.

I'll give those a try next.

It really surprised me just how comfortable the suit really is! I was expecting something heavy, restrictive, and hot, but the suit is actually light, cool, pretty flexible. Plus, the charcoal grey makes it dark enough for winter, but the lightness of the ensemble makes it good for summer too.

I've worn it to work a few times and every time I do, people mistake me for the store manager. ^_~

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Hexenmeister said:
It really surprised me just how comfortable the suit really is! I was expecting something heavy, restrictive, and hot, but the suit is actually light, cool, pretty flexible. Plus, the charcoal grey makes it dark enough for winter, but the lightness of the ensemble makes it good for summer too.

I've worn it to work a few times and every time I do, people mistake me for the store manager. ^_~

When I was a young man suits always seemed to be a straight jacket, well mostly the pants of my youth... flat front polyester low cut pants... couldn’t wait to get home and change into my jeans! lol They itched and just felt nasty. When I was a little older I bought some gabardine full cut slacks... that was it, I was hooked! I couldn't believe that "dress pants" could be comfortable. Then, I bought a 40s suit coat and paired it with the gab pants... the coat was a heavy tweed double breasted... the way the coat was cut it gave a slimming hour glass look and the wide lapels seemed to make me smile as wide as the lapels!:D At that point, I was hooked on suits! After church I'd be so tired I'd just plop down on the couch in my vintage suit and take a nap. Soft tightly woven vintage worsted wool is amazing.lol The secret is steering clear of polyester! It doesn't breathe, natural fibers such as wool; cotton and even rayon seem to breathe and are much cooler to wear than any synthetic fabrics.

Today suits to me are the only thing I will ware when going out with friends or even when I have company over.

If you are adventurous, since you're slim, you could very easily find a 30s-40s suit that would fit even better! I know some thin guys and they wear those fashions so well! Not boxy at all.;) Just an idea.

Enjoy your suit!

-=Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL